Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I prepare for Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Hi everyone, so right now I'm a Storm wizard in MooShu and am already having a hard time battling enemies.
I will soon get to Dragonspyre, so was wondering how is it? Like, is it simple that I should just get on with it or should I prepare (do some side quests, pack shields & prisms, increase level, train healing pet, get good gear, etc.)?
This would really help me, so thank you if you answered, I appreciate that

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
It depends. Are you soloing or questing with others? What school are you? If you are doing this with others then you should be fine regardless of level. If you are soloing I would recommend you get to at least level 42 before doing dragonspyre. Although you can do it at a lower level, being level 42 gives you the last trainable spell from your professor, which is generally good to have. Also, the enemies in dragonspyre do tend to spam weakness(-25% damage to the next spell you cast)

As far as school goes, I would be sure to hit hard and hit fast if you are storm or fire or another offensive school such as those, and pack a few tower shields in your deck for boss battles(tc if you didn't train it with training points).

If you are a defensive school like ice or life, be sure to haves few heals on hand if you are life. If you are ice, don't worry about anything but hitting, your high health and resistance will take care of the rest.

As far as world difficulty goes, dragonspyre is pretty easy. The only thing to worry about is that bosses tend to have health in the 6000-8000 range. You will need a plan to hit hard to kill these guys asap. That's about all I can offer without further information. If you can give me your school, level, and playstyle(offensive, defensive, heal type) I could help you further.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
Storm Flower on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone, so right now I'm a Storm wizard in MooShu and am already having a hard time battling enemies.
I will soon get to Dragonspyre, so was wondering how is it? Like, is it simple that I should just get on with it or should I prepare (do some side quests, pack shields & prisms, increase level, train healing pet, get good gear, etc.)?
This would really help me, so thank you if you answered, I appreciate that

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,
Oh nvm you already mentioned you were storm, sorry about that. As far as storm goes, make sure to have blades(elemental blade and storm blade) on hand and windstorm. Darkwind is useful during some fights. Once you have all your buffs on hit with tempest. If you don't kill on first try it's ok, blade up and hit again. During regular monster fights don't bother shielding, just hit and blade. During boss fights pack tower shields and possibly a few shields that correspond with the bosses school. Your low health as a storm wizard can be problematic, be sure to throw a few pixies in your deck set up as well just in case. As a storm I would still recommend you get to level 42 just so that you can get a little extra health from leveling, but you should be ok if you don't.

To sum up. Hit fast, hit hard. Blade, trap, and buff up as fast as you can. Then hit. Shield during boss battles only. Pack a few pixies in your deck.

That's all. Good luck with dragonspyre and have fun .

Julia Goldsmith level 100 wizard

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Juligoldy on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Oh nvm you already mentioned you were storm, sorry about that. As far as storm goes, make sure to have blades(elemental blade and storm blade) on hand and windstorm. Darkwind is useful during some fights. Once you have all your buffs on hit with tempest. If you don't kill on first try it's ok, blade up and hit again. During regular monster fights don't bother shielding, just hit and blade. During boss fights pack tower shields and possibly a few shields that correspond with the bosses school. Your low health as a storm wizard can be problematic, be sure to throw a few pixies in your deck set up as well just in case. As a storm I would still recommend you get to level 42 just so that you can get a little extra health from leveling, but you should be ok if you don't.

To sum up. Hit fast, hit hard. Blade, trap, and buff up as fast as you can. Then hit. Shield during boss battles only. Pack a few pixies in your deck.

That's all. Good luck with dragonspyre and have fun .

Julia Goldsmith level 100 wizard
Thanks so much Juligoldy! That was really helpful. Well, time to go prepare for Dragonspyre! Good luck with the upcoming Polaris!

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
What Juligoldy said, but I'd like to add something. Buy some Pierce TCs and make sure you have some in your deck whenever you're fighting Storm or Myth enemies, as you'll have a hard time removing the shields otherwise. I included Storm enemies because even though prisms exist, the enemies still might use a Myth Shield before you can prism.