Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-6-15

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2015
Professor Falmea I would have a new kind of stat called Super Pip it's basically a power pip but is very very hard to farm for and it does 3 pips together than 2 pips that's what i would have or dodge which is also low in numbers but can make you not take any damage from a spell but does give you a random negative effect.- Brandon DragonSword

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I would like to see stats be related to leveling up rather then finding the right outfit. I think accuracy should improve with practice. In real life a baby learns to walk and fall down a lot but after the baby has gained experience in walking the baby does not fall down so much and this growth does not depend on what the baby is wearing. So I think that wizards should improve in accuracy as they level up without it depending on jewels or clothes.

Something that I think might be nice is if there was a magnet feature during a dual that made it so that when a blade appeared and there was a sharpen blade in the deck it would be drawn to the magnet and be the next card to come up same with traps and enhance traps. that way it would be easier to get the sharpen blade and enhance traps to have some card to be partnered with. also have it the other way around so that if the sharpen blade came up first and the enhance trap came first they would draw a blade and a trap next.

something else I wish for is sense wizards can have houses in which there can be closets I would like to be able to hang outfits in closets. That would make more room in backpack. I would also like to see the seeds in backpack be a separate count like regents are.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I have another idea. how about a feature in which wand spells do not use blades or traps. for example a wand card comes up when there is a reduction over the wizards head and a shield on the enemy in that situation the wizard would like to use the wand spell to remove the reduction over head and the shield on the enemy but doing so would waste traps and blades but if the wand spell did not effect blades and traps then it would only do what the wizard desired.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I've thought about having internal beguile resistanse, starting from lvl 100 and increasing with 1% per 5 or 10 levels. When the mobs in the next few worlds start using winged sorrow or monster mash, we will have a small chance to resist their beguile. Also, it don't know how that will influence the pvp community, so I'm guessing it's best to keep it pve only.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
A new character stat could be called Mastery.

It's assumed we mostly work in our primary and secondary schools. In real life that would mean that over time the character would become more focused, educated, balanced, patient, learn short cuts and enhancements. Some of this is reflected in stats we already have like how most of our stats increase as we level. But what if Mastery leveling meant that something school specific would increase - even if we had no gear on (like pip & health)

Life = % heal boost on top of any other heal boosts
Myth = % chance a minion will spontaneously show up to help -
always a minion matching the rank of the lowest rank foe.
Death = % hit/heal boost on top of any other hit/heal boost (whatever the death thing is - it's not really a heal)
Balance = % chance they will spontaneously throw Bladestorm or a version of any of their blades & traps that
would go to all friends or all foes (respectively) - it couldn't be one of their rings as the point is
that they are supportive and a ring might break another team mates ring already in place.
Ice = % chance they'd spontaneously throw Steal Ward or any of their shields
Fire = % chance they'd spontaneously throw the DOT spell closest to matching the level of the lowest level foe
Storm = % increase in their damage on top of the natural damage boost they get for leveling up

Mastery stats could be calculated differently from normal damage increases so Storm actually felt the boost on this one. OR Mastery stats could only apply under certain circumstances.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I play solo a lot as my schedule changes every day. I know a while back there was an addition to clothes for a chance that if you died you could heal enough to give you a chance to either bring up a fairy or buy a life henchman.
Maybe something like that again that would give you a chance on higher level (100+) wizards. Maybe a jewel that could be added giving you a % of healing? With bosses having so many cheats and higher hit points it would really help a solo player. A balance shield would be nice to have against some of the balance bosses too..

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I don't know that it would necessarily be considered a "stat" but I'd like to see an alphabetical table/chart/list/tally of the numbers of every different creature I've defeated. Or instead of alphabetical it could be by creature category. Or both.
For example, something like:

Creature Tally

Creature Creature Class Number defeated
Fire Elf Hunter Elf 193
Undead Draconian Undead/Draconian 347
Crazed Thunder Horn Tritop 251
Black Cap Froudling 73

etc.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
Hello Wizards! There's a bit of a chill in the air, but that's not enough to dampen my spirits, because it's Friday, and time to chat, so let's do that, shall we?

Today, let's talk about your character, and those magical numbers call stats. Hitpoints, crit, pierce, resist, etc. If you could add a new stat to your character, what would it be? What would it do? Sky's the limit here!

Looking forward to all your ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!
While this stat is a bit useless on actual gear I think speed could be an awesome addition, then again it's not new as a couple gear give it already.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2014
A stat type I would add to the game would be Regen (Short for regeneration). This stat works like this basically let's say you have some boots and they said: +5 Regen. This means that (in battles only) each round you'll gain 5 health (gaining health only at the end of each round). Its symbol could be this ()

Here are some boots I envision that would have the Regen stat

+300 Hp
+10 Regen
+175 block
+3% accuracy
+5% power pip
+15% damage
+10% resist
+2% pierce
+3% shadow pip
110+ only

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
For wizard101 my idea is Initiative, a stat that determines who goes first in a battle. Some gear gives initiative but the main factor is your level. The initiative of enemies can be determined by their rank. Initiative results are chances to be first in combat, By default the initiative between two players is 50/50, if one players equips a piece of gear with an unrealistically high initiative of 40%, that player is now 90% likely to be first, if the second player equips a piece of gear with 30% initiative the first player's initiative drops down to 60%, now resulting in a 60%40% split. Gear also could have negative initiative in exchange for more powerful stats. This stat would help people with farming low level bosses such as The Great Troll and Halfang.

On the other hand you could have a stat such as Shred, shred could be a stat that decreases your opponent's power pip chance or possibly shadow pip chance,

P.s,Off Topic, it would be very strange but if once completing the second arc one could create a Shadow wizard starting at level 100 and having a set of learnt spells and heavy shadow pip chance that would be very interesting. (A lot of new spells but you would have to earn them through school quests.)

Jack Skygem Level 100 Pyromancer
Lvl 40 Necromancer
Tireless Jack Jones Level 65 Swashbuckler
Lvl 25 Privateer

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Wow, everyone! (and I mean that this time!)

What an EXCELLENT conversation!

Very valid points being addressed here.

I am only half way through page 1 responses so far, but... YES!

Stun block without losing resist, Minion/Henchman control, Mirroring, Dodge/Agility... Wot! Wot!

Thanks, KI for bringing this topic up!

Thanks, those of you who are speaking out for talking about very relevant points of interest/interaction!

Well Done, All!

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
heather amboo on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
I have another idea. how about a feature in which wand spells do not use blades or traps. for example a wand card comes up when there is a reduction over the wizards head and a shield on the enemy in that situation the wizard would like to use the wand spell to remove the reduction over head and the shield on the enemy but doing so would waste traps and blades but if the wand spell did not effect blades and traps then it would only do what the wizard desired.
Way to go! Excellent suggestion.

We keep an off school wand (even though it doesn't match without stitching, ahem!)... because we can't use an in school wand (benefits of stats and pets,etc... ) without sacrificing our blades and traps.... first thing I teach new wizards that I get to join the game (irl friends)... Perm 40% mount, pet to adult (5 hatches), off school wand, don't sell reagents, garden asap and often.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Sir Shadow on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
I've thought about having internal beguile resistanse, starting from lvl 100 and increasing with 1% per 5 or 10 levels. When the mobs in the next few worlds start using winged sorrow or monster mash, we will have a small chance to resist their beguile. Also, it don't know how that will influence the pvp community, so I'm guessing it's best to keep it pve only.
Resist to beguile would be nice w/o having to use death dispel. What? My will not enough to overcome that vampire zombie pig man? What if I'm a were wolf?

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Helenie Nightseer on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
A new character stat could be called Mastery.

It's assumed we mostly work in our primary and secondary schools. In real life that would mean that over time the character would become more focused, educated, balanced, patient, learn short cuts and enhancements. Some of this is reflected in stats we already have like how most of our stats increase as we level. But what if Mastery leveling meant that something school specific would increase - even if we had no gear on (like pip & health)

Life = % heal boost on top of any other heal boosts
Myth = % chance a minion will spontaneously show up to help -
always a minion matching the rank of the lowest rank foe.
Death = % hit/heal boost on top of any other hit/heal boost (whatever the death thing is - it's not really a heal)
Balance = % chance they will spontaneously throw Bladestorm or a version of any of their blades & traps that
would go to all friends or all foes (respectively) - it couldn't be one of their rings as the point is
that they are supportive and a ring might break another team mates ring already in place.
Ice = % chance they'd spontaneously throw Steal Ward or any of their shields
Fire = % chance they'd spontaneously throw the DOT spell closest to matching the level of the lowest level foe
Storm = % increase in their damage on top of the natural damage boost they get for leveling up

Mastery stats could be calculated differently from normal damage increases so Storm actually felt the boost on this one. OR Mastery stats could only apply under certain circumstances.
I hate to keep quoting this forum.. but, dang!... great ideas, folks!

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
TucsonWizard on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
I don't know that it would necessarily be considered a "stat" but I'd like to see an alphabetical table/chart/list/tally of the numbers of every different creature I've defeated. Or instead of alphabetical it could be by creature category. Or both.
For example, something like:

Creature Tally

Creature Creature Class Number defeated
Fire Elf Hunter Elf 193
Undead Draconian Undead/Draconian 347
Crazed Thunder Horn Tritop 251
Black Cap Froudling 73

etc.
#likebutton

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Tireless Jack Jone... on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
For wizard101 my idea is Initiative, a stat that determines who goes first in a battle. Some gear gives initiative but the main factor is your level. The initiative of enemies can be determined by their rank. Initiative results are chances to be first in combat, By default the initiative between two players is 50/50, if one players equips a piece of gear with an unrealistically high initiative of 40%, that player is now 90% likely to be first, if the second player equips a piece of gear with 30% initiative the first player's initiative drops down to 60%, now resulting in a 60%40% split. Gear also could have negative initiative in exchange for more powerful stats. This stat would help people with farming low level bosses such as The Great Troll and Halfang.

On the other hand you could have a stat such as Shred, shred could be a stat that decreases your opponent's power pip chance or possibly shadow pip chance,

P.s,Off Topic, it would be very strange but if once completing the second arc one could create a Shadow wizard starting at level 100 and having a set of learnt spells and heavy shadow pip chance that would be very interesting. (A lot of new spells but you would have to earn them through school quests.)

Jack Skygem Level 100 Pyromancer
Lvl 40 Necromancer
Tireless Jack Jones Level 65 Swashbuckler
Lvl 25 Privateer
#likebutton, all the way!

I have my 6th wizard still at baby in the hopes (over the years) that I might one day be able to start a shadow wiz (cause' I didn't wanna have to kill one off to do it... although, now that I think about it, ...I'm willing!)... totally down for that.

I do also like the negative power pip (or even regular pip) chance stat. Nice suggestion!

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
The only new stat I could think of would be something that reduced the effect of weakness. I don't know what it should be called, shatter perhaps? But it probably should be limited to higher levels.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Sir Shadow on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
Seconded this.

You could call it "Autonomy" or "Resolve" to reflect that someone else won't be calling the shots on your turn.

I'd love to share this stat with all my wiz, regardless of level. Maybe a pet talent would be the best way?

I also think it's time for us to be able to actually see our Shadow Pip % Chance on our stat display. Now that we have gear that can increase it by up to 9%, I'd like to know whether it's worth farming for that gear (say it brings me from 20 to 29%) or should I wait for something better to come out (say it would only bring me from 5 to 14%).

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like more shadow pip %.

I don't want any new stats added ever, or any changes to existing (pre-PL) mechanics. I hate when the goal posts get moved.

Add content, fix bugs, but please don't complicate things any more. We don't need new stats.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Toa of Light on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
We shouldn't be adding any new stats when the stats that currently exist need to be either heavily reworked or scrapped altogether in the interest of both present and future game balance.
agreed!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2014
Toa of Light on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
We shouldn't be adding any new stats when the stats that currently exist need to be either heavily reworked or scrapped altogether in the interest of both present and future game balance.
I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. There are too many inconsistencies with the existing stats really to even think about adding new ones. Sometimes it takes two days or more days before stat changes are entirely functional in battle mode (like boost to hits blocks etc that should be immediately be reflected from the gear change) when I change the gear on my big wizards. The jewel socket stuff is also having a huge fluctuation issue at all levels and being good at math I find that to be extremely frustrating when calculating perfect kill hits. I vote in favor of heavy maintenance Mariah Emeraldheart, Tristan, Colin Moonthistle, Morgan Hexslinger, Finnegan Pixieblood, Danielle Goldenheart

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
It would also be nice to have a stat that grew as the character leveled (like Pip Chance & Health etc.)
that added value to the gear & pet talents that boost fishing luck, energy, etc. So if a character is level 100 they get more out of a pet or gear or jewel that offers 5% fishing luck than a character that's level 50 and the only character that would just get that base 5% luck boost would be a brand new character.

I'd also like to see a stat that improved the odds of getting rare and ultra rare drops in any battle or dungeon and when we are gardening. So higher level characters have a better chance of say a Mastery Amulet or Mega Snack falling than the lower level characters that are along to level up or what ever. Everyone would have the base random luck that is normal for that instance - but the higher level a character is they'd have an additional stat based luck boost.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Professor Falmea on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
Hello Wizards! There's a bit of a chill in the air, but that's not enough to dampen my spirits, because it's Friday, and time to chat, so let's do that, shall we?

Today, let's talk about your character, and those magical numbers call stats. Hitpoints, crit, pierce, resist, etc. If you could add a new stat to your character, what would it be? What would it do? Sky's the limit here!

Looking forward to all your ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!
Cool, fun additions to the game can really be appreciated by many players (so can simply fixing any issues with existing stats too ;P).

Stats that I'd love to see (and remember, you said sky's the limit):

• Pet Stats Screen - View and compare all your pet stats, side-by-side
  • Pet Hatching Attempt Stats with each pet (click a specific or set of talents and powers you want, and the stats are able to show and track how many times you hatched before you obtained the talent or power, how much gold and crowns were spent in the process, how much time was used in the process, etc..).
  • Stat Display Screens that show how many times you entered any dungeon; to includes how many times you successfully completed, were disconnected, had failed attempts, etc..
  • Player Flee and AFK Statistics. (click on or off) Shows how often the player flees a battle, dungeon, or goes AFK.
  • Defeat Stats Screen (shows everything you defeated, including the number you defeated, shorted and longest time it took to defeat)
  • Zone Stats Screen. (shows what's been completed in any zone, and successful completions, failed attempts, and never attempted numbers)
  • Begger Stats. Shows how many times someone asked you for something (shows how many times players asked you for gold, crown items, or something else entirely)
  • Gifting Stats. Shows how many times you gave players anything, includes all the numbers of gifts, and how many occurrences, and compares you with other top gift givers in the game.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2014
I think a feature that isn't a stat but could expand the usage of stats are badges with stats!

Like One in a Million (+5% damage)
Elixir Vitae (+10% outgoing)
Child of Light and Shadow (+100 Hp, +50 Mana)

and so and so forth. of course not every badge needs a bonus but it'll be nice to start seeing some with them

Administrator
Loving these ideas, Wizards! I've compiled a list of ideas and feedback, and we'll keep these in mind for the future.

A new topic shall be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea