Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just Wondering

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
I am a lvl 55 life wizard. I have finished dragonspyre and going to celestia after finishing some leftover quests in GH. My questions are when do you start casting critical spells and blocks? I have already trained at the sun school in CL. I have also noticed that after using amplify and giant my spells fizzle a lot more than usual. Why is this? Last question: I was contacted by Mr. Lincoln about a spell from Baldur Goldpaw that my professors failed to teach me. I have yet to be contacted for this spell. What do I do?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You can critical if you have critical rating, which is gained through gear and certain spells. At your level, however, the critical boosts from gear are absolutely worthless and you should just look for damage and resistance. You'll be able to craft boots with good universal block in later worlds

As for the spell, you'll need to have completed the quest Su Su Sudrilund to get the quest. If you've never been to Wintertusk, speak to Merle Ambrose. If he has a quest called Cold News, accept it. If he doesn't, check if you already have it. If you do, good. If you don't, go see Valgard Goldenblade, Hrafn Lorespeaker and Baldur Goldpaws in Grizzleheim. If none of them have anything for you, see if you can use the ship behind Baldur. If you can't, you probably haven't completed Ravenscar and you'll have to complete it first.

No spell currently in the game has a negative effect on the caster's accuracy.