Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to spend TP on after Tower Shield? (Death)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Hi everyone. I am currently level 33 and I have 4 unspent talent points. I'm not necessarily in a rush to spend them, but I don't really know where they should eventually go now that I have Tower Shield and Spirit Blade. I don't have Spirit Trap yet because it didn't seem as important as the blade, but eventually I'll probably get it as well.

But where else should I spend them? I hear that Life up to Sprite (or Satyr) is a good choice, but I just as often hear that this isn't necessary for Death since we can heal ourselves. It also seems like Pixie is probably enough, and/or putting some healing treasure cards in your deck for emergencies.

I'm not really interested in investing in a school just for damage spells, so Fire and Storm don't seem that useful.

One interesting thing I read was to go Myth for Humungofrog, because that gives you a second AOE and it works with Spirit Blade. But that's 5 points (I think) and I don't know if it's a waste, or just unnecessary.

Balance doesn't seem to have much to offer. I have an amulet that gives me two Weakness cards, and spending points just to get that spell doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks!

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Getting elemental blade is helpful as eventually soloing is near-impossible and you might end up with a fire/ice/storm with better damage then you, and buffing them speeds up the battle. Save some for spells after Dragonspyre, with 9 highly recommended points and 3 more based off of personal preference. If you come up with extras, life to satyr is the way to go and eventually the traps from Niles when you have nothing better to spend them on. Training points on a death really aren't that strict, so you should be good.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
ThatOneFizzler on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Getting elemental blade is helpful as eventually soloing is near-impossible and you might end up with a fire/ice/storm with better damage then you, and buffing them speeds up the battle. Save some for spells after Dragonspyre, with 9 highly recommended points and 3 more based off of personal preference. If you come up with extras, life to satyr is the way to go and eventually the traps from Niles when you have nothing better to spend them on. Training points on a death really aren't that strict, so you should be good.
Elemental Blade just to cast on other people? If it gets to the point where I can't reliably solo the content, I'll probably just stop playing.

Explorer
May 25, 2013
JohnJSal on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Elemental Blade just to cast on other people? If it gets to the point where I can't reliably solo the content, I'll probably just stop playing.
Oh pardon, when I said it was semi-impossible, I just meant you need the right strategy and gear, which is simple to come across. You'll need a set of gear for each school boss, but by the time this happens, you'll be swimming in gold. The game tends to start easy, raise at a nice rate, get impossible to solo with one strategy in 4-5 areas, then eases back to an moderate challenge for solo people and team people as well. Then Darkmoor happens, oh baby all I have to say is thank goodness its optional.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Probably either:
1: If you like PvP get weakness
2: Save them for astral spells
3: If you like healing other people without sacrifice, get life.
4: Get those shields from Sabrina Greenstar they will help.
I hope this helped.
If you don't have spirit blade, get it for sure. Maybe get spirit trap.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
PieguyMAn123 on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Probably either:
1: If you like PvP get weakness
2: Save them for astral spells
3: If you like healing other people without sacrifice, get life.
4: Get those shields from Sabrina Greenstar they will help.
I hope this helped.
If you don't have spirit blade, get it for sure. Maybe get spirit trap.
Ah, I didn't realize the astral spells cost TP! That may be a good thing to save them for. I guess I should have a look at which ones to get. Do we have to commit to one astral school, or can we mix and match? What about shadow spells?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
JohnJSal on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Ah, I didn't realize the astral spells cost TP! That may be a good thing to save them for. I guess I should have a look at which ones to get. Do we have to commit to one astral school, or can we mix and match? What about shadow spells?
You can mix and match, but some of the spells have prerequisites, for example the Sun spells. I'd suggest at least getting the Sun school damage enchantments (Strong, Giant, Monstrous, Gargantuan, and in Zafaria, Colossal). You can get auras if you feel like you need them. The Sun school accuracy enchantments aren't very useful most of the time, and Moon school spells will be useful for a little while, but they'll lose their value quite quickly.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
JohnJSal on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
As for Shadow spells, which I forgot to add to my other post, you'll get one from the quest that unlocks them (there are two quests, one in both parts of Khrysalis). As a Death wizard, you'll get Shadow Sentinel, which is a defensive transformation, and Shadow Shepherd, which is an AoE Drain. You can get more with training points, and if you feel like you'll use Shadow spells, I'd suggest getting Shadow Shrike, which gives 50% Armor Piercing, along with other effects.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Get Reshuffle. Best spell in the Spiral.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
John Hawkward on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Get Reshuffle. Best spell in the Spiral.
This is probably because I don't have any experience using Reshuffle, but I don't understand why it would be so useful.