Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things NOT to say when you've asked for help!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
For those of us who take the time to help our "friends" when they request it I'm sure you've experienced some of these. My take on this is... if you're waiting to do a tough boss battle you should be prepared before you start.
And then this happens:

1) Can we hurry, I have to eat dinner?

2) I'm out of mana.

3) Oops, wrong deck!

4) Don't use my feint!

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
yeah that happens to me a lot

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
Another famous one for menu chat users:

"I got the boss"

Which is ironic because you're the one who asked for help to defeat the boss

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
To expand on #4. Don't tell me what to do or what to cast. You asked for MY help because you couldn't do it alone. Let me get it over with and kill him my way.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
To expand on #4. Don't tell me what to do or what to cast. You asked for MY help because you couldn't do it alone. Let me get it over with and kill him my way.
Exactly...or don't tell me you've got the boss when the only one left is the boss. Wait, what?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Lol when all of them happen at once

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
this, a hundred thousand percent.

also, to expand on this one~ if you ask for help or advice, please listen to what i am saying. you obviously asked me because you don't know; please take the help you are given, regardless of what form it's in.

-von

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Dr Von on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
this, a hundred thousand percent.

also, to expand on this one~ if you ask for help or advice, please listen to what i am saying. you obviously asked me because you don't know; please take the help you are given, regardless of what form it's in.

-von
Agreed, and for that matter, don't EVER tell me what to do. If you have a suggestion that's fine but don't give me the tired "you should have - "insert opinionated advice here"". Rest assured, whatever fight we're in it's probably not my first rodeo. Nothing gets my goat quite like fighting the Loremaster for the X-thousandth time and having a level 40 tell me I should have cast my Strangle on the Weakness Font, not on the boss. Believe me, there's a 99% chance the Deer Knight is coming and you're going to be glad that Strangle is there when it does. Worry about your cards and let me decide how I'm going to play mine.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
TucsonWizard on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
Agreed, and for that matter, don't EVER tell me what to do. If you have a suggestion that's fine but don't give me the tired "you should have - "insert opinionated advice here"". Rest assured, whatever fight we're in it's probably not my first rodeo. Nothing gets my goat quite like fighting the Loremaster for the X-thousandth time and having a level 40 tell me I should have cast my Strangle on the Weakness Font, not on the boss. Believe me, there's a 99% chance the Deer Knight is coming and you're going to be glad that Strangle is there when it does. Worry about your cards and let me decide how I'm going to play mine.
I find my self telling people this a lot... "Worry about your cards and let me decide how I'm going to play mine."

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
ALL of this is true.

One more thing that I have seen is people saying, midway into battle, "Can you gift me?" or even just a simple "Let's do more quests." I have other things to do. I won't mind helping, but if it's over excessive; pretty annoying,

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
SO VERY TRUE. (To be honest before i got text chat i used to do those things a lot :P)

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
A lot of people just don't think "I've asked this person for help many times, I better stop or ask another friend".
When people who excessively ask for help, I feel that they have no other friends. I also find it annoying when someone (especially a lower level) tells me: "Use your forest lord" or, "please heal me!" all the time.

"Please heal me" is probably only annoying when everyone knows that you're a life and that you pack a lot of heals.

Also here's something people say in battle that they shouldn't, same applies to compliments.

Person: Nice spell
Me: Thanks
Person: You're Welcome!

It just doesn't feel right to say you're welcome just for commenting.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
another thing thats really annoying is when they ask you for help and then you agree just to be nice and when they die and i am still in the middle of battle they are like" heal me heal me" and i just dont have any healing spells at the moment. Then after the battle they get mad at me for not healing them