Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i can't get rattlebones master duel

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Hi,

I am a level 72 ice wizard and am trying to get the rattlebones master duel by beating regular rattlebones. I haven't got it once and have gotten two exalted duels. Does anyone know why i get only the exalted duel and not the master duel?

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
make a new wizard, and use that wizard against rattlebones. 4 out of 5 times where you loot the duel, you will get master. I found that the higher levels tend to get exalted almost always.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
indyjunior on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

I am a level 72 ice wizard and am trying to get the rattlebones master duel by beating regular rattlebones. I haven't got it once and have gotten two exalted duels. Does anyone know why i get only the exalted duel and not the master duel?

It's just the luck of the draw. You might try farming the Jade Oni in the Jade Palace and Krokopatra in the Temple of Storms. Not that your chances will be any better but at least they offer a little change of pace as well as a little challenge. I suggest these two because they're both relatively quick, can both be soloed easily and both have the potential to drop duels from Master to Exalted. Also, you can access them through the Team-Up Kiosk in Olde Towne without having to make the trek to Unicorn Way. Since Rattlebones doesn't have a sigil you can't access it in that way.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I think it does matter on the level of your wizard. I beat regular Rattlebones with my L5 and got a Master Duel on the first try.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Enigmatistry on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
I think it does matter on the level of your wizard. I beat regular Rattlebones with my L5 and got a Master Duel on the first try.
i thought that was true as well, but i'm not so sure anymore~ my balance wizard (who's level 100) ran mirror lake last night and received zeus exalted as well as rattlebones arch and krok master duel.

unless it's a mistake, then i'd say level is irrelevant.

-von "leems segit" shadowsong
exalted

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I was farming Temple of Storms for multiple reasons. Multiple people drop Pink Dandelions for crafting seed banks, and she drops her Ultra dungeons. I prefer her Exalted because I can easily solo her and I'm searching for a Mote of Eternity for my deck recipe. I spent a few days farming her and got 10 Exalted and 1 Master.

I found similar results farming Rattlebones, almost all Exalted drops

Jade Oni drops have been a bit more balanced for me:
Krokopatra 3 Exalted, 3 Master
Rattlebones 6 Exalted, 4 Master
Meowiarty 5 Exalted, 7 Archmage
Zeus 1 Exalted