Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing for pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
I had the idea that some rare fish that can be caught in the spiral can become pets. This means that some pets that could be fish like the crabling and the sea dragon could be caught themselves and used as a pet. The owled eyed pike and the krokotopian ell could both become a pet after they are caught. This might not work on all fish but only on the hard to catch fish or the rare fish and even the less common fish. (Maybe frosty fish could be caught somewhere too.)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pets already drop in treasure chests caught while fishing. I've caught Li'l Siren, Pink Jellyfish, Sea Dragon, Spinyfish, Frosty Fish, Wetland Hunter, Toaddle, Fire Salamander, Forgotten Grimoire and Crabling pets so far.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
captain jarlaxle on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
I had the idea that some rare fish that can be caught in the spiral can become pets. This means that some pets that could be fish like the crabling and the sea dragon could be caught themselves and used as a pet. The owled eyed pike and the krokotopian ell could both become a pet after they are caught. This might not work on all fish but only on the hard to catch fish or the rare fish and even the less common fish. (Maybe frosty fish could be caught somewhere too.)
Some of the fish do look like good pets to have

But should it be a gamble?

Or should the chance of a fish pet be a hidden bonus

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
captain jarlaxle on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
Actually i dont know if thats true but i caught a chest and got a crabling out of it and a crown sword

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
okay so I did realize that pets can be caught in chests but that was not my point. I point was that the krokotopian eel looks so cool and I need to have it as a pet!