Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-14-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizardly folk! It's Friday, and it's time for another topic, so let's not delay, shall we?

Today, let's talk about our new Ultra Dungeons. These new dungeons allow you to battle a more challenging version of Rattlebones, Krokopatra, Meowiarty, and Zeus (and friends) for new and improved loot. My question today is: have you had a chance to try out an Ultra Dungeon yet? If so, which one is your favorite, and why?

Bonus Question: if you could choose one more bad guy to challenge again at a higher difficulty, who would it be? I know we've asked this before, but we'll give it another go ::grin::.

Happy Friday, and stay fiery, my friends!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
My favorite may just be exalted Zeus. The difficulty of the dungeon, along with the changing of his companions and having to adapt to their cheats, its challenging and fun all the same.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
the final wizard city boss the wraith guy. (I forgot his name) the four wysteria bosses to get the trophy and how about some one from grizzleheim?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
My favorite dungeon is meowiarty and I think I would have to challenge .......FOULGAZE

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
My favorite is meowiarty and I would have to challenge foulgaze

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
I have done a lot of the new ultra dungeons and I must say Zeus is by far the most fun. But as far as drops go.. It is by far the worst to farm. The drops are not as good as the boring Rattlebones. What I mean by that is. The Robe from Bones is better then the other ultra dungeons. Zeus is great since the cheats are fun. Rattlebones is same all the time so is very boring. But all in all. the dungeons are fun. And to answer your question about what another bad guy. That’s easy… it’s not a guy thou! Morganthe! I think she needs a spotlight of her own. And top prize could be one of her fabulous dresses! Like from shadow palace. Heck just the looks would be worth it…wouldn’t even need stats. J

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
I've only done Rattlebones so far. Hope to get into the others as well. As for future jacked up foes, what about the coven members in the fortress of Grizzleheim, the last fight where the 4 gang up on you? That would be a challenge indeed.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
I would LOVE an ultra dungeon on a wysteria boss like Chester droors or Randolph! Please make this happen!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
if I had to pick a boss or bosses I would like to face at a higher level I would choose Jade Oni, Jotun or how about the Coven from Ravenscar. I think any one of these would be a good challenge if they were made for an exalted gauntlet. If I had to choose one of these though to be made into an exalted gauntlet I would pick the Coven cause I remember that being a decent challenge when I was leveling up my wizards.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Hi Wizardly folk! It's Friday, and it's time for another topic, so let's not delay, shall we?

Today, let's talk about our new Ultra Dungeons. These new dungeons allow you to battle a more challenging version of Rattlebones, Krokopatra, Meowiarty, and Zeus (and friends) for new and improved loot. My question today is: have you had a chance to try out an Ultra Dungeon yet? If so, which one is your favorite, and why?

Bonus Question: if you could choose one more bad guy to challenge again at a higher difficulty, who would it be? I know we've asked this before, but we'll give it another go ::grin::.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
No, sry, I've been doing other stuff...
Pet training specifically. (Why do you have to make pet training so long?)

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Professor Falmea on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:

I like the rattlebones one cause its a challenge and it drops good robes.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
As for the bonus question, I would say jade oni he would be alone with around 100k health and have cheats I thought that would be fun

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
I haven't had the chance to try out an Ultra Dungeon yet but I think I'd like to fight some of the Marleybone bosses like Dr. Katzenstein, Jacques the Scratcher, or one of the many O'Leary bosses. That's just my opinion but I think that would be awesome and I would definitely try them out.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
I've done a couple on test, but I think Rattlebones might be my favorite just because.

As for other bosses to add to the fight list, definitely Jade Oni combined with the other Onis of Mooshu to boot as well.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I haven't gotten to do any of those yet, but I hope to eventually. Another rematch boss? I think it'd be mighty nifty to be able to fight the false king from Crab Alley again.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2012
I've only had the chance to fight exalted Rattlebones so far, but the fight was very satisfying. Reasonably difficult (not easy, but not mind-numbingly difficult) and the rewards were good, too! Great work on it. I will definitely fight the other bosses when I get the chance.

I think logically... the Jade Oni would be fun to fight again. I remember back in beta when he was like, the top boss xD

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I can not tell you how much i HATE the new one shot gauntlets. They are too hard.. I have won some from duels and i refuse to do them.. not worth it

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
The ultra dungeons were fun at first, getting kinda bored with them already. Getting kinda bored with all farming. Been thinking about dropping accounts if there is no new world. I prefer questing. Morganthe and pets seems to be all I do lately. 400 times or more times in Morganthe for death to get the amulet. Balance about half way to that number. Just seems like a waste of time these days.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Yes! I love the ultra dungeons, I did them many times. I kind of don't have a favourite, but I'll list what I love and don't love about the dungeons. I love how they always drop a mega snack and an ultra seed along with other great drops like motes, mounts, and jewels.

Rattlebones: Very accessible, and the most common one I've done. He's not too hard if a healer like me packs TC sanctuary and the team comes prepared and knows what to do. He drops a better robe than Darkmoor's robe (except for storm) so I farmed him until I got the robe. He is still a great boss to farm for mega snacks since his ultra duel is dropped commonly.

Krokopatra: I think she is the easiest boss of them all. Her ultra duel does not drop commonly, but I'm always up for fighting her. She doesn't have much cheats, and all the team has to do is set up, and hit in a few rounds (with the chance that she doesn't use a beguile). I'm glad that there really aren't any cheats for blades, traps, feints, and heals. If a minion does use Bad JuJu, a few cleanse charm TC come in handy. Krokopatra drops a better hat than Dartmoor's hat (except for storm) and her shift jewel. I farmed her until I got the hat which was quick.

Rattlebones and Krokopatra might be my favourites.

Meowiarty: Probably the most difficult boss of them all, his ultra duels are also uncommon, and I find that he doesn't really drop anything unique except for his shift jewel and the gear he drops cannot match Darkmoor's. His DOT cheat is devastating along with the removal of traps and the attacks constantly being spammed. The turns seem to take ages with the minions giving anyone who cast an attack or blade something. It's difficult keeping everyone at high health, so life wizards have to rely on the hitters to hit quickly. Meowiarty's exalted duel is my least favourite.

Zeus: To be continued in the next post as I'm running out of "characters".

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I've only tried Rattlebones so far.

My choice remains the same as before as far as who should come back again. Grubb told us he was going to return to build his army of undead. That was a long, long, long time ago and we still haven't seen him return, with or without that army.

Slyster also said we ain't seen the last of him, but I could do without seeing that guy again for quite a while.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Zeus: Probably the rarest ultra dungeon drop of them all, I've only fought him twice. And both times, he's had the exact same companions: Hades, Poseidon, Cronus. The difficulty depends on what companions Zeus gets, and how prepared you come. If Hades is in the duel, life wizards better pack cleanse charms because whenever you heal, you get an infection. If Apollo is in the duel instead of Hades, life wizards will find healing a breeze. Each boss has their own little set of cheats, and they often have to be researched and the strategy has to be changed each time you enter. If there's a wizard on your team who enjoys rushing into every battle and doesn't let the team set up, then you're done for. That happened to me both times in my ultra duels with Zeus. His drops are unique, he drops great jewels such as the shift ones, mega snacks, and more. If I come across an exalted Zeus duel, I'm always willing to go in, with a good team hopefully. I'm not sure if Zeus is one of my favourite's, I've only fought him twice.

If I could choose a boss to have an exalted ultra challenge, I would choose Luska Charmbeak, that squid in Waterworks. His cheats are annoying enough, but maybe he could have minions in the ultra duel. His drops in Waterworks are already great: A very slim chance at mastery amulets, Waterworks gear, and mega snacks. His ultra dungeon version could drop exalted master amulets, mounts, jewels, and more mega snacks.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
These new dungeons are really fun! I've tried 3/4 of them and my favorite one is the Rattlebones one because you can easily farm for it from Rattlebones in Unicorn Way.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2013
Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
My favourite Ultra Dungeon is Rattlebones, because I remember fighting Rattlebones when I was in Unicorn Way and it sort of reminds me of that. I also like the fact that you have a rare chance at a school whirlwind drop, and I think that draws people towards Rattlebones. I think if you were to make a new Ultra Dungeon and boss, it should be the Harvest Lord, and it should also drop Death and Storm whirlwinds, as Rattlebones drops the Life Whirlwind for the Fairy Queen, and drops Death Whirlwind for him being death. I would think that the Harvest Lord would be very popular and people would fight him more often, and it is also a chance to add some holiday drops to Ultra Dungeons. Just a thought.

Dolan LightWalker, Level 52