Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Better Looking Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
So recently I have had a few friends quit the game because they thought the graphics looked old pixely and flat. Because of this why not in the next update or somewhere after that they add an option to switch between more modern and the old graphics. An example of where they disliked graphics was the MooShu trees/bamboo.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
It is not that easy. You can't just push a switch and all the graphics would magically look better. You are asking KI to redo all the images in the game and I just don't see that happening anytime soon. Sure I would like to see the graphics better detailed, but I like the graphics of the game as it is now.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
I completely agree with you. I think Wizard101 has very primitive graphics. They really do need to improve the graphics in this game but i don't think it's logical to quit because of some tress in Mooshu. There are a lot of others things i would quit over but not that. However, again, i completely agree that the graphics are very bad.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
LiquidTrtle on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
So recently I have had a few friends quit the game because they thought the graphics looked old pixely and flat. Because of this why not in the next update or somewhere after that they add an option to switch between more modern and the old graphics. An example of where they disliked graphics was the MooShu trees/bamboo.
It is most unique aspect of Wizard101 and I doubt KingsIsland would update it.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I think it's amazing that KI has managed to make a deeply involved game system that manages to function on such a wide range of operating systems. Not to say that there aren't glitches. I'm sure there are some people who can't play at all because for one reason or another the game is simply not compatible with their OS. But given the diversity of PCs all over the world they've done a fantastic job. And after all, we're not talking about Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption here. The graphics in games like that are nothing less than spectacular but they're also being run on proprietary systems. An X-Box in Peoria operates the same as an X-Box in Paris. There are no crossover issues to contend with so the graphic intensity can be ramped up without consequence. Not necessarily so on a PC. And even if KI were to consider a revamping of their graphics they'd then have to consider the implications of the increased resource drain it would cause on operating systems. They'd almost have to open a new forum page just for the people complaining about "crashes" and "lag" and "stuttering" and "long loading times".