Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing Spells Shouldn't Fizzle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
This has been a huge problem for me - I'll be fighting a boss, about to die, and I have just enough pips for a healing spell, when it fizzles. Does anyone else agree that they shouldn't be able to fizzle?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
they should be able to fizzle just like any other spell

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Soul330 on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
This has been a huge problem for me - I'll be fighting a boss, about to die, and I have just enough pips for a healing spell, when it fizzles. Does anyone else agree that they shouldn't be able to fizzle?
Pixie & Unicorn are 100% unless you're Mantled or Smoked.

If all of the heals were 100%, Life would have a huge advantage. Yes, they already have the highest accuracy in the game, but if they couldn't fizzle, almost ever, there would be almost no chance they could ever be defeated in PvE or in PvP.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
If life(heals) became infallible, then every other school would have the same valid argument.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
What about this= This has been a huge problem for me - I'll be fighting a boss, they're about to die, and I have just enough pips for an Effreet, when it fizzles. Does anyone else agree that they shouldn't be able to fizzle?

PS:This isn't what I actually think, just pointing out a flaw.

Quinn Spellslinger

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Fizzles in the bane of every player on here. We all have those moments where we really needed the spell to work and it failed us. It isn't fun and yes it can frustrate you to no end, but that is how the game is. What frustrates me the most is when I am trying to heal someone else and it fails and they die and are not able to complete the duel at that time. Makes it worse when the player blames me for failing it. *shrugs* I do the best I can and that is all that any of us can do.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
If you really think a 10% base chance of fizzling is too high, then invest in getting a life accuracy jewel so you never fizzle lol.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PrancingPoet on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
What about this= This has been a huge problem for me - I'll be fighting a boss, they're about to die, and I have just enough pips for an Effreet, when it fizzles. Does anyone else agree that they shouldn't be able to fizzle?

PS:This isn't what I actually think, just pointing out a flaw.

Quinn Spellslinger
no. there is always a fizzle possibility with any spell that isn't 100%. That's just part of the game. it won't change.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
no. 90% accuracy, which can be boosted with gear, is the highest accuracy in the game. I rarely have a life spell, or healing spell, fizzle on my Life wizard due to boosts like I mentioned.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
RavenLady777 on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
no. there is always a fizzle possibility with any spell that isn't 100%. That's just part of the game. it won't change.
I have the feeling you only read half the message.

I do not feel this way. I was just parodying the OP's message in order to show how an attack spell can be just as usefull as a healing spell, and that, while healing spells can (and should) have a higher % accuracy, they should not be infallible.

Quinn Spellslinger