Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Thursday 07-02-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Since tomorrow is a holiday for us, I'm here just a little early for the rare Feedback Thursday!

As it is a long weekend for some of us, I'm hoping to do some relaxing. I hope you all get to do some relaxing as well! So this week, let's talk about that. Where in the Spiral is your favorite place to kick back and unwind? Do you like to fish? Chat? Craft? Or, do you find your zen in showing bad guys who's boss?

Looking forward to hearing your tales of relaxation. Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I am surprised to say it but - fishing. I like randomly fishing because I have a few points of energy left before I log out but I really loved the fishing tournament. I had a goal to meet and a short time limit and 6 characters to try on so my family and I sat around all day and played the game and chatted and danced in the Commons and traded bits about what we'd heard about where and how to find the shark and just chilled. It was both fun and relaxing.

I'd love it if there was a fishing tournament timed for every season or long weekend so we got one most every month. If you send a promo e-mail a week or so early I know my family would renew our subs if they've lapsed.

Also, it would be nice if the chests received during tournaments were filled with holiday items and since it uses the pet training/gardening energy - it'd be nice if they had the 25+ point mega snacks in them.

Thanks again for Feedback Fridays, Test Realm and all your hard work - happy long weekend

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
If I have a lot of energy I like to take my frankenbunny Whiskers to the Pet Pavilion and race. I also like PvP even though I lose 77% of the time (I actually calculated that number) and I really like farming Mount Olympus.

Cori Moonshade, Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I just love hanging out in Avalon. It's such a peaceful world, with the absolute best music in the game. I always look forward to Avalon more than anything with each new run through the game.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2014
I like to relax by PvPing believe it or not. It's always such a rush when you get a long match against a fellow wizard and beat them in battle! Some of the matches are fun, while others have you wanting to throw a frost giant's hammer at someone, but in the end it's only one match and you always go back for me .

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
The commons! It's my favorite place to hang and chat with my friends. It's also one of the best places to meet new people and just hang. it's also my favorite place to fish

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
I enjoy hanging out at my home with a couple of my friends and doing role play or doing gauntlets but if no one is on i gotta say fishing

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Fishing is at the top of my list! While I'm still upset I missed a few seasonal fish for valentines day and easter, I've caught them all but Sam Bass in Dragonspyre. Fishing is nothing but relaxing. Of course when the energy is gone I spend time farming for mote of wisdom so I can craft certain tanks. Lastly I spend a lot of time on my Exalted Life helping friends with bosses or dungeons.

Steven - Exalted Life and Fire
Fish Whisperer

P.S. We need a fish symbol to alone with our and images. Just an idea.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I need downtime from the game in general so I just toss energy gear on everyone who has some, grab a pet in need of training, log off and go play GG. It's different enough from w101's turn based strategy that it feels like a game within a game :)

while in-game though i like to pvp and spectate, and pick up teams at the kiosk for things nobody else seems to want to help out with. 5 different teams filled for ww and mirror lake, but the poor ice kid waiting at frostbranch or briskbreeze was still waiting there after 10 minutes. These don't have huge rewards but they are tough!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
When I want to take a break I go to the Floating Land in Celesta and defeat some baddies. I very much love the music composition there!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
It used to be either farming darkmoor or morganthe for loot, however when I got full gear it changed. Nowadays, I usually just quest on my low level characters or farm for design gear in marley/mooshu.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
when I need a real break from my endless farming/hatching/training, I choose one of my house interior or exterior, think of a theme and I decorate it until there isn't room anymore in it (Bric-à-Brac Elixirs included, lol)

it's a real break because I usually stay hidden while I do it to stay focused on the task (and to avoid to show the complete mess it can be before it's finished, lol)

it takes time (sometimes a lot of time) because I love to craft a lot, look for rare/new items in the Bazaar and among the Spiral drops, then I often perform some "natural glitches" to place items in the spot I want or to create new items by mixing several ones together and get the "perfect" decoration (it can be tricky and ask to redo it several times until it looks good)

so that's my holiday away from regular Spiral activity then my reward is to bring my friends for a tour, eager to socialize again and then I'm ready to go back to my pet lines and gear farming

other alternatives are :
- to quest solo on a baby wizard from my side account, feeling like I'm discovering the Spiral all over again (and it's real because the Spiral changes all the time and max wizards don't see it), help fresh new players and get new good friends among them
- do some PvP Practices with friends : it can be very casual because there is nothing to gain or lose, so no stress and it's a different community than the ones I'm used to (pet freaks and stubborn Spiral farmers, eh, eh)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my favourite place to relax? dragonspyre, of course. when darkmoor gets too stressful and annoying, i like to take a trip back in time to when the game was still fun (rather than work).

-von
(happy 4th of july to my american friends!)

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Hello again, Madame Falmea!
I'd have to say that to relax, my favorite thing to do is hang with my best friends at one of our houses, discuss wand collections, and have fun!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
I would like it if elixirs could have a "pause" button. I buy my elixirs right before going into a battle and have 30-45 minutes or more left when I am finished with the battle. I would very much like to "pause" the elixirs and use them when I need them.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I love krokotopia, all the unique rooms in the hallways just give me the chills. I wish that there was more secrets in krokotopia to discover and find. The more hidden or large they are the better :).

Jack Skygem Level 100 Exalted Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
When I need a break in the fierce fighting,
run my Pyromancer around and gathers reagent in my favorite worlds
Dragonspyre, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca and Khrysalis,
most of Azteca, where my thoughts trying to see life in ancient Maya culture.

sorry typo, I use Google translate
Pyromancer girl Level Max

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi, Professor!
For me, Grizzleheim's common area is a "spot".
Celestia's beach area probably would be, if there weren't a bunch of fish marching around ready to take my number.
I spent nearly a year and a half logging in and logging out staring at Grizzleheim's sky, with my wizards.
I found the area to be a solace to a difficult game.
It was incredibly restful to log on and log off to that view of the common area.
I still think that.
I've got some houses and seen some areas that are equally vacation-like and restful, but with the addition of fishing, GH's common area is practically holy and singularily beautiful, in my opinion.

In real life, I rarely get to relax.
GH's common area fills a space I never really get in my "real life".
I could take that view, there, forever.
Fishing there, now, is a 'bonus' .
A beautiful bonus, to me.

It's incredibly relaxing in that area.
It's also incredibly beautiful.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
I have to say that my favorite worlds so far in game have been grizzleheim and wintertusk. There is always this immense feeling of excitement I get when I start a new wizard and that feeling only returns when I enter those two worlds, maybe another reason is because the music there is amazingly vivid and realistic! Hopefully they'll expand it again, and the butterflies will rush back into my stomach!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I like doing gauntlets And trying to get spells but I have a long way to go

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
I was thinking that when new world comes out it could have level 100 or above pet quest the pet you ask?
The shadow enhanced spells they would make great pets storm could have a little glow bug squall while life
had a hungry butterfly pet and so on and so forth. I was talking to some friends in game and they said that this would be an amazing idea and that i should contact you guys. So i hope you read this and consider this thought I can't wait to possibly have a glow bug squall as a pet. So i think you guys should really consider it thanks for all the great game play. So i hope you guys can make this idea come to life

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
logan3050 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I was thinking that when new world comes out it could have level 100 or above pet quest the pet you ask?
The shadow enhanced spells they would make great pets storm could have a little glow bug squall while life
had a hungry butterfly pet and so on and so forth. I was talking to some friends in game and they said that this would be an amazing idea and that i should contact you guys. So i hope you read this and consider this thought I can't wait to possibly have a glow bug squall as a pet. So i think you guys should really consider it thanks for all the great game play. So i hope you guys can make this idea come to life
Off-topic though it be, I love this idea! I'd hope there'd be a hybrid for Storm & Life that gave a blueish purple glowing butterfly. The Storm Butterfly would be translucent like stained glass - showing all the colors of the butterfly, but with a bluish purple light through and around it. :D

Administrator
These look like fantastic ways to relax! I'm partial to fishing while I relax as well, and I'm looking forward to doing that in my hometown someday...

A new topic will be magically appearing shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea