Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Experience Gain From Battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
I have been playing Wizard101 a while now and I have found that pets are one of the most useful things in the game. The only problem is that for pets to be helpful they have to be trained but I find pet games to be boring. I also do not have a gardening rank above one to farm for mega pet snacks and do not have crowns to buy the mega snack pack. Because of those things I was thinking what if there was an update to gain pet experience in more ways. These ways could be have pets gain xp from just being in your battles to a balanced reasonable amount per battle or battles compared to your level. Another way I was thinking of was having pet battles however they maybe such as a chance game of Rock Paper Scissors kind of deal with a twist. Lastly, Pets could maybe gain do from random items that you may feed them and have a chance for them to gain xp because the things they are eating are magical right?

Let me know if you have any other ideas on this subject below.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
What about earning pet experience from certain quests? Just a quick idea.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
whateversz on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
What about earning pet experience from certain quests? Just a quick idea.
I think that would also be a good idea for pet leveling in how boring it can get. It means that pets could level with you so you can more viably use multiple pets.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Pirates 101 allows pets to earn experience in different ways. They still have to be trained, but its certainly much easier to manage and train pets in that game. Its a shame they're not owned by the same company, which could incorporate pets gaining experience from battles :(

Then again, if both games were owned by the same company, than anything is possible; eventually.

Here's to this happening sooner than later!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
Pirates 101 allows pets to earn experience in different ways. They still have to be trained, but its certainly much easier to manage and train pets in that game. Its a shame they're not owned by the same company, which could incorporate pets gaining experience from battles :(

Then again, if both games were owned by the same company, than anything is possible; eventually.

I have not delved into much of Pirate101 and just wondering how can pets level otherwise in Pirate?

Both games are owned by KingsIsle

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
I was also thinking that you could have pet duels that you can be good at and not be turn based but sort of like a board game for your pets where you can lower each other's health but yields high pet xp because it would take around twenty minutes to complete.

Let me know if you have anymore ideas or can elaborate on this.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:

they ARE the same company. Havent you ever entered in a code and gotten gifts for both W101 and P101? Your W101 login has a corresponding P101 login

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think it COULD be implemented, but they'd have to be careful to balance XP so it doesnt make the current training games obsolete. I think if they took a page out of the lego version of many movie's games, they'd be ok. We have a ton of games, based off of movies, done lego style, that have animals performing tasks in the game. While you dont get XP in these games, KI could make certain puzzles something our pets need to do, and then reward them with snacks and XP, and possibly be able to feed our pets right there in the game (after the completion of the tasks only)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
they ARE the same company. Havent you ever entered in a code and gotten gifts for both W101 and P101? Your W101 login has a corresponding P101 login
Tyler Wildpants' posting forgot to include the standard Sarcasm alert disclaimer

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Starting in about a week you'll be able to add jewels to pets. One of the jewels gives EXP from combat. So each time your pet is in a battle with you, it can earn +1 experience. You'll still need to train normally to get stats up, but it should help with the long grind up to mega or ultra.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Tyler Wildpants' posting forgot to include the standard Sarcasm alert disclaimer
lol duly noted

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Dakota Death on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Starting in about a week you'll be able to add jewels to pets. One of the jewels gives EXP from combat. So each time your pet is in a battle with you, it can earn +1 experience. You'll still need to train normally to get stats up, but it should help with the long grind up to mega or ultra.
I did not know that thanks for letting me know but I do still think there should be more ways to get pet xp

Survivor
Jul 17, 2012
So like Pokemon? I'd really like that. It'd make training much easier.