Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Brithdays

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
This is probably HUGE, as in many people have thought of this before I. BUT before you complain that your idea was stolen, I had thought of this when I first joined Wizard101. I didn't know about forums or the KingsIsle emails, but here I am sharing my ideas!! My idea was (This could work on your actual Birthday or the date you joined Wizard101) That when it's your 'Birthday' (irl or date joined w101) You would be rewarded 1,000 - 5,000 non-transferable crowns to spend, as a Birthday treat. I agree players might be getting crowns as an actual birthday present, and you'd just be giving them even more, but some families- like mine- and going through financial trouble and can't afford birthday presents. My birthday is coming up on the 8th of July, and as far as I'm concerned, I'll be having cake, and a friend to spend time with me- and that's all. No need for me to sap this idea with my story- but it would be amazing if Wizards could have a little Birthday present.
~=~OR OR OR~=~
Instead of the 1,000-5,000 crowns, you could gift the player a few popular packs.(just another idea)
Hope you take this idea into consideration!
Sincerely,
~Saffron~ / ~Scarlet~
~don't count the days,
make the days count~

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
soccerswag21 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
This is probably HUGE, as in many people have thought of this before I. BUT before you complain that your idea was stolen, I had thought of this when I first joined Wizard101. I didn't know about forums or the KingsIsle emails, but here I am sharing my ideas!! My idea was (This could work on your actual Birthday or the date you joined Wizard101) That when it's your 'Birthday' (irl or date joined w101) You would be rewarded 1,000 - 5,000 non-transferable crowns to spend, as a Birthday treat. I agree players might be getting crowns as an actual birthday present, and you'd just be giving them even more, but some families- like mine- and going through financial trouble and can't afford birthday presents. My birthday is coming up on the 8th of July, and as far as I'm concerned, I'll be having cake, and a friend to spend time with me- and that's all. No need for me to sap this idea with my story- but it would be amazing if Wizards could have a little Birthday present.
~=~OR OR OR~=~
Instead of the 1,000-5,000 crowns, you could gift the player a few popular packs.(just another idea)
Sincerely,
~Saffron~ / ~Scarlet~
~don't count the days,
make the days count~
1-3 of the most recent pack is most likely, otherwise people can abuse the system by making several accounts to gift their main account packs/anything under what they get for 1000-5000 crowns

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
~=~OR OR OR~=~
Sincerely,
~Saffron~ / ~Scarlet~
~don't count the days,
make the days count~
I just realized- I spelled "Birthdays" wrong in the title!! My apologies, as I type fairly quick and zoomed over the typo!!
~saffron level 15 / level 45
~don't count the days,
make the days count~

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
Survivor
Feb 02, 2012
I think this is a wonderful idea! Here is another idea for it. You would get a gift icon on the side of your screen,you'd open it and a bunch of birthday themed stuff. Like pet snacks, a decoration cake, And as a super epic drop a ................... Cake pet!

Kayla IceGem lvl 56

May the astrals
look over you

Explorer
May 19, 2014
~=~OR OR OR~=~
Sincerely,
~Saffron~ / ~Scarlet~
~don't count the days,
make the days count~
This is a good AND bad idea at the same time.

1. If KI is just giving people free crowns for their birthday they might aswell fake their birthday (aka dear ki my brother was on computer and put my fake birthday my birthday is actualy tomrow thank you)

2. I'd probably say be thankful for what you get? You get a cake and a friend. Some people are alone and got no one to talk to. Birthdays aren't all about oh my god i'm gonna open this envelope and get 1000 bajillion dollars

3. There would be no point in buying crowns if you get $10 or $20 worth of crowns for just waiting a year or so.

4. People would be going around the spiral saying look at me im a special star it's my birthday you have to bow down to me.

5.It wouldn't be fair for people who stick out every penny or cent from a piggy bank just to buy crowns.

6. KI would be giving around 1000-5000 crowns FREE everyday, knowing how many people play wizard101

Now here are the good points.

1. MORE CROWNS ON TOP OF THE CROWNS I GET FOR MY BIRTHDAY!11!!!1!!1!

2. It would help the poorer families celebrate their child/son/daughter's birthday.

3. More parents might be interested in Wizard101 if they are making their child feel happy.

Well brain. That's enough work for one night. Now go back to sleep!

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Love it! But there is the possibility that some ppl would abuse it. But I think it should happen.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
~=~OR OR OR~=~
Sincerely,
~Saffron~ / ~Scarlet~
~don't count the days,
make the days count~
Not going to happen. It's a nice thought but look at it from KI's point of view. I don't know how many people are actually members but let's say 100,000 just for this example. That means on any given day there could be an average of 274 people celebrating a birthday. Multiply that by 1000 - 5000 Crowns. That's a potential of 274,000 to 1,370,000 Crowns a day KI would be GIVING AWAY. Over a one year period of time, KI would GIVE AWAY 100 million to 500 million Crowns. FIVE HUNDRED MILLION!!! That's half a billion Crowns folks! KI is in business to make money and I'm sure that Crown sales are their primary source of revenue. I don't think it's very likely that they would be willing to do something like this, at least not on this scale. While this would be extremely magnanimous of them I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Oh, by the way... Happy Birthday.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
I think Kingsisle should give us: a Rare free mount, 1,000,000 crowns, good gear for your level, and a badge that you always wanted.

-Brianna Ghostflame ( level 83) also helped by Anna(level 34)

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Oh um forgot one thing also kingsisle if it wont trouble you that much can you please gift people the coat invincibility for your birthdays!? :D

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Valdus Spell on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
This is a good AND bad idea at the same time.

1. If KI is just giving people free crowns for their birthday they might aswell fake their birthday (aka dear ki my brother was on computer and put my fake birthday my birthday is actualy tomrow thank you)

2. I'd probably say be thankful for what you get? You get a cake and a friend. Some people are alone and got no one to talk to. Birthdays aren't all about oh my god i'm gonna open this envelope and get 1000 bajillion dollars

3. There would be no point in buying crowns if you get $10 or $20 worth of crowns for just waiting a year or so.

4. People would be going around the spiral saying look at me im a special star it's my birthday you have to bow down to me.

5.It wouldn't be fair for people who stick out every penny or cent from a piggy bank just to buy crowns.

6. KI would be giving around 1000-5000 crowns FREE everyday, knowing how many people play wizard101

Now here are the good points.

1. MORE CROWNS ON TOP OF THE CROWNS I GET FOR MY BIRTHDAY!11!!!1!!1!

2. It would help the poorer families celebrate their child/son/daughter's birthday.

3. More parents might be interested in Wizard101 if they are making their child feel happy.

Well brain. That's enough work for one night. Now go back to sleep!
just going to point out that with #4 I see so many people do that already and I don't think it would increase?
and with #2 I'm not saying I'll be having the worst birthday ever. I was just pointing out I get a home-made cake and a friend over because my dad is getting cancer treatment and we can't afford much.. And Happy Birthday to you, I think I'm late o-o

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
This would be a good thing to have as a permanent benefit for members, or maybe people who spend x dollars on crowns. Prevents the easy abuse, if you can't mow a lawn to get a membership or small amount of crowns then you're doing something wrong, and its a good mudraking opportunity.