Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Duels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
Ok, so I just had a random idea: What if there were duels? Yes, I know there's an arena, but that takes a while to get everything set up, and many nonmembers can't play any of the ranked matches. What if you could walk up to a player anywhere, open their 'menu thing', and ask them to duel? This would also open up something similar to esteem rankings, where if you win a duel you gain esteem, lose a duel you lose esteem, etc. If a player refuses to duel with you (like if you're a level 30 and challenge a level 1...), they won't gain or lose any esteem. One problem I can think of is where these duels would take place. In the streets where you challenge the other player? That would be interesting. Then other players could join in too, after making sure they want too. Another problem is that (as I said before) we might get tons of high-level characters challenging lower level characters. This could be fixed if we made the esteem you get low for player with a lower level than you, average for player the same level as you, and high for players of a higher level. What do you guys think?