Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-5-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, so it's time for some Feedback. Hooray!

Today, let's talk about a little help from your friends. Occasionally, characters around the Spiral, like Dyvim, will accompany you into battle and give you benefits like extra health or damage. My inquiring mind wants to know: what sort of aid in battle do you find most helpful? What benefits can you take or leave?

Stay fiery, my Wizard friends!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
First, let me say that these followers were a great addition to the game, two thumbs up! As for what I would change? not much really. MOST offer beneficial stats. The ones I WOULD change are this:

Bolthy PatternDancer in Khrysalis doesn't give any helpful stats, so I would change that

Old Cob only gives a starting powerpip, so after the initial usage of his gift, he's worthless. perhaps adding some additional powerpip OR even shadow power pip chance would be good

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Without a doubt, resist. Having resist helps with taking less damage, but lets us focus on dishing out more damage! (especially damage)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Power Pip boost is least useful I've seen so far, in my opinion. By the time you're 90+ lvl you have boosts enough. Universal resist is the most useful especially with upper level creatures having pierce and shadow magic. Shadow pip% or +1 Shadow pip (so you start with one) could be worked into new higher level world companions. It would also be nice to see in/out in future companions.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Hi Madame Falmea!
On my main wizard,(my wizard), I find wizards to be the most helpful class. On my ,,, or wizards, however, I find or to be the most helpful.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
Damage and resistance are always great I find with most battles critical is useless with these bosses in the higher worlds what I am trying to say is critical is mostly block 99% of the time my ice has over 364 critical and still misses now incoming heal works out good.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2015
The Best Help I think is best in a battle in when another character like your minion takes part in the battle not just gives you a boost in heal or power. This is because then the enemies have more then one target to deal with making it easier for you to defeat them. Sense the enemies will not always attack you when there are multiple allies on your side of the dueling field.Daniel EmeraldLeaf

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
As a defensive wizard, I really love the extra resistance.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well for me personally having that extra resist with Divim came in really handy as it allowed me to gain fire immunity against those pesky fire enemies in the world of Khrysalis. Not only is that helpful, but being able to have increased damage/healing is also nice to have as well also.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Damage and resist hands down Dyvim gives 50% damage and 20% resist that is a lot and the crit and crit block would be nice but they give it in such small quantities such as 20 and 30 and armor piercing is also amazing zarozinnia gives 15% armor piercing which is a lot so at the moment damage, resist and piercing are the best but when 3rd arc starts and they introduce NPCs with high crit and crit block such as 50, 60 and 70 then that will be the best

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
It's Friday, so it's time for some Feedback. Hooray!

Today, let's talk about a little help from your friends. Occasionally, characters around the Spiral, like Dyvim, will accompany you into battle and give you benefits like extra health or damage. My inquiring mind wants to know: what sort of aid in battle do you find most helpful? What benefits can you take or leave?

Stay fiery, my Wizard friends!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
The Dalai Lamba was helpful with his PP boost, and he's the only one I've actually used; but I think a great one would be a 'may cast' helper would be excellent. But maybe not just for quests, and I think there could be a good investment into different 'helpers'. In, say, a gold store for helpers at novice, it could be 1,000 for a Lost Soul helper that gives +2% damage boost, up to 10,000 gold for Ceren Nightchant helper who gives may cast Guidance. These could be much more powerful for crowns and permanent, like pets with 1 talent they do well. Level 100 a helper could be giving +10% pip chance or may cast Rebirth. More fun for player + more money for KI = more game and more happiness. Makes sense.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
The health and damage are both great. There where times where I was immune to the boss because of that boost and I LOVED It. Some healing would be nice, especially when our pets get pensive

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Resist and pip boosts are always nice. Accuracy too.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
Damage was great when I was on my ice wizard but I guess now more health would be awesome

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
How about something specifically tuned to the monsters involved in the quest they aid you in. Like an assistant that gives you death resistance during a quest that has you fighting a lot of death school monsters.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
I think the resist it the best part. If you have jade gear, an resist pet and Dyvim whitehart. you should have some awesome resist. Dyvim is far most, the best sidekick ever. Super helpful! Also, Some sidekick with some pretty high damage like Dyvim. That is pretty helpful too. Make battles much more quicker and more fun.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I would love to have a Permanent Companion with Damage, Resistance, Piercing, Extra Shadow pip chance, and Block. please

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I like their benefits, but at one point there are 3 of them following me around. That gets awfully crowded when 4 wizards (with those same 3 companoins each!!!) are standing on a dungeon starter sigil. Perhaps make traveling companions the size of pets, or partially transparent would be good?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
At all levels: Resist, damage, health, added starting pip
Levels 1-70 accuracy, power pips
Levels 70+ critical, critical block
Level 100+ shadow pip%, starting shadow pip
Under level 15 mana

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Hi Professor!
Who is this Dyvim? Are you handing out spoilers to NPC's? Does this Dyvim give heals?
Heals from NPC's, henchmen, pets and minions I find to be the most helpful for wizards.
Who doesn't benefit from heals?

I am so very curious tho', who is Dyvim? Do I gotta look it up? Is it a higher level NPC?
A henchman? A level 90 minion? A "companion"? Who is this Dyvim?

To answer your question:
I can "take" heals from all of the above, and, I could easily leave behind about 4 cards the Myth Wizard acquires during the course of their development, and, several other school's minions support cards, acquirable thru' the course of the game.
Seriously.
I've never been cool with burning minions, (or henchmen) down for pips or heals.
It's like burning down a friend.
One has to try to care for them to the bitter end. Shield. heal, build and support.
Am I off your topic? Do you want to know what benefit we want from NPC's we have to hang out with during the course of a storyline?
You're in it together with your "companion", henchmen, minion pals.
They care for you, and you care for them, (supposedly). They try to win the battle you've dragged them into, ( or they've dragged you into.), and, it's your "job" to keep them going, if you can.
Thus, the reason I could leave all of those minion burning spell cards on the side of the battlefield.
"Companions" that heal are acceptable and also the most useful, in my opinion.
30%+ extra hit damage isn't bad, either.

Still, I'd rather have heals. Plenty of heals. Lots and lots of heals.
Sounds boring, but, there it is.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Swven on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
Resist and pip boosts are always nice. Accuracy too.
Those are all nice at lower and middle levels. If you are max level, pips and accuracy should already be perfect, or close to. Resist, damage, and health are good at any level.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Power Pip Chance. It is incredibly annoying to have like 5 normal pips, delaying more powerful spells like Triton or Storm Lord. This also makes me hesitant to use Power Pips on non-Storm spells that I have like Sunbird, Unbalance, Earthquake, or Regenerate, because the Power Pips are too valuable to use on spells that don't use them.

David Thundermancer 56

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Ontheotherside on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Hi Professor!
Who is this Dyvim? Are you handing out spoilers to NPC's? Does this Dyvim give heals?
Heals from NPC's, henchmen, pets and minions I find to be the most helpful for wizards.
Who doesn't benefit from heals?

I am so very curious tho', who is Dyvim? Do I gotta look it up? Is it a higher level NPC?
A henchman? A level 90 minion? A "companion"? Who is this Dyvim?

To answer your question:
I can "take" heals from all of the above, and, I could easily leave behind about 4 cards the Myth Wizard acquires during the course of their development, and, several other school's minions support cards, acquirable thru' the course of the game.
Seriously.
I've never been cool with burning minions, (or henchmen) down for pips or heals.
It's like burning down a friend.
One has to try to care for them to the bitter end. Shield. heal, build and support.
Am I off your topic? Do you want to know what benefit we want from NPC's we have to hang out with during the course of a storyline?
You're in it together with your "companion", henchmen, minion pals.
They care for you, and you care for them, (supposedly). They try to win the battle you've dragged them into, ( or they've dragged you into.), and, it's your "job" to keep them going, if you can.
Thus, the reason I could leave all of those minion burning spell cards on the side of the battlefield.
"Companions" that heal are acceptable and also the most useful, in my opinion.
30%+ extra hit damage isn't bad, either.

Still, I'd rather have heals. Plenty of heals. Lots and lots of heals.
Sounds boring, but, there it is.
Looked him up. He is a Mouse named Dyvim Whiteheart and he is a Khrysalis NPC that aids you into battle.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Wow, another feedback! I guess the game is just gonna get better....
1-1. Trainable mounts that aids you such as casting spell or increase damage.
1-2. Mounts that help you cross the street without getting caught by the creatures when you're not interested in a fight.
2. Enable to cast damage spells to your team and healing spells to your enemies.
3. Allow your friends to give you great aids(invisible appearance on combat, appear +20% on your right).
4. When bosses over cheat, we can cheat back for our own goods.
5. We can do 7 vs 1 on a combat, using the remaining battle spaces on the hostile side for more teammates.
6. Since all wizards will run out of card on combat, the creatures should run out of cards too.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Devin DragonStone on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Wow, another feedback! I guess the game is just gonna get better....
1-1. Trainable mounts that aids you such as casting spell or increase damage.
1-2. Mounts that help you cross the street without getting caught by the creatures when you're not interested in a fight.
2. Enable to cast damage spells to your team and healing spells to your enemies.
3. Allow your friends to give you great aids(invisible appearance on combat, appear +20% on your right).
4. When bosses over cheat, we can cheat back for our own goods.
5. We can do 7 vs 1 on a combat, using the remaining battle spaces on the hostile side for more teammates.
6. Since all wizards will run out of card on combat, the creatures should run out of cards too.
The question refers to what is already in place, not a wish list of what you would like added.

Pets offer the same benefits you're requesting from mounts.

After a duel, you're temporarily immune to re-entering another, and you can always Flee any unwanted duel, as it is quick to refill your Mana.

Beguile allows you to turn your ally into your enemy temporarily. I don't understand why you want to prolong a duel by healing your enemy when in a previous statement you wish to avoid some duels altogether.

Friends do give great aids already; it's called a spell deck.

Who decides what is over cheating?

In a turn based combat system, 7 vs. 1??? You would have many players go AFK, doing more harm than good, not to mention how much stronger those "over cheating" bosses would become.

NPC enemies are on an A.I. system, and so they must have some sort of edge in dueling live players.

In my opinion, damage boosting, and global resistances are my 2 most favorite, with accuracy being a distant 3rd.

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 86