Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the biggest problem in PVP?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Question for Professor Greyrose, if I am sure I am facing a team of two characters controlled by the same person, and I report them, what will happen. I think it should be reportable.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
ChicoValerian on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
I would like to 2v2 pvp. the past four times i have done it i have been matched with characters who are being controlled by the same individual. four different times. it is common. Your matching setup should check the ip and prevent this from happening, when one person uses two accounts to pvp together. It can and it really should.

playing two characters in the same match is not good sportsmanship. KI should not indulge it.
Whether or not playing two characters in the same match is good sportsmanship is your personal opinion. If you think it's poor sportsmanship, then don't do it. Others can do whatever they wish as long as it's within KI's Code of Conduct.

As for your solution of checking the IP address, that would prevent two different players using the same internet connection to PvP together.

Administrator
ChicoValerian on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Question for Professor Greyrose, if I am sure I am facing a team of two characters controlled by the same person, and I report them, what will happen. I think it should be reportable.
The reporting feature should only be used to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
The reporting feature should only be used to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse
Thank you for your answer. In the future I will avoid doing any 2v2 in this game. It is ruined by these cheaters.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
SacredChargeBestLi... on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Whether or not playing two characters in the same match is good sportsmanship is your personal opinion. If you think it's poor sportsmanship, then don't do it. Others can do whatever they wish as long as it's within KI's Code of Conduct.

As for your solution of checking the IP address, that would prevent two different players using the same internet connection to PvP together.
not necessarily.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
So far there seems to be a consensus that puppet teams are the biggest problem in PVP today.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
1- No one is willing to play PVP anymore. I have been taking a break from wizard101 for the last few months and when I came back, me and my friend wanted to play PVP, but literally, more than half the people stopped playing. I was shocked because I thought the 3rd age would encourage a lot of people to play, but the more I hung out, the more I realized people were upset for different reasons. To be honest, I think we have to deal with it and do the best we can instead of complaining. We just have to do the best we can with what we've got.
2- I personally think that jewels are a big one. I know a lot of you think jewels help a lot, and I agree in questing, but some people go all out to get jewels for PVP and some people don't have what they need to get them. I just feel like it makes everything unbalanced.
3- Shadow magic. I know it is nearly impossible for a team of level 90-99 to beat a team of level 100. Once you have shadow magic, it gives you a huge advantage. I think wizard101 should be more careful of matching up max players to max players, or exclude shadow magic in PVP, especially when the levels are unfair.

To be honest, those are all the problems I have with PVP. Some of you (not all of you) included that there is still puppets, but I have not seen one so far. I heard that there is a level limit now, which I figured out is a rumor, but your saying that it doesn't have enough value to them anymore. I am not sure if I should be happy that there are no more puppets, or disappointed that so many people are upset with the PVP system.
- Gabrielle Silversword
- Brooke Swiftriver
Thanks for reading my opinion

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PlayHard101 on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
Your saying Ice has 7 immunites? That is so off.

Infallible + Shrike + Malistare Gear means there is no immunity.

~PlayHard~
yes

ice do have 7 immunity because death top best immunity pet give them 4 times school resist so, pet like:

plus jade gear/khrysails resist ring make 17 each school except for ice there only 9/steelheart which 5/pet jewel resist ULTRA 14% resist by time increase jade gear level 110 (resist when more deadly) I meet start level 110 in pvp (is critical for storm got ever stronger more then 600 (now over 700 so, now storm close to 800 critical)

storm is just way to overpower

and during test realms when darkmoor game to test realms there was glitch on one of the storm gear with resist but likely fix that because they didn't fix that 80% resist one gear (universe immunity and saw storm in duel with 115 resist universe to all school but they was mean to me because threatening others school and forgot fix myth because there was glitch on there damage after when fix glitch with darkmoor gear on storm wizard but glitch happen again on a myth with there damage!

others bad computer others older computer there stat always glitch so, now like: 433483993489438424984 then lose connection every days (some time others wizard101 complaining been getting suspended from wizard101 no good reason) no note for reason why why why

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
Biggest problem in the pvp is that player flee when they know they will loose and keep their rank with no lost. They act like they are best hat way. I keep screen pictures for those low quality players. Most of them just keep flee at start or joining pvp with no spell in deck so they can keep up same things over and over to collect pvp arena tickets for better gear they can get or whatsoever. I suggest kingsisla should ban those player at least 1 day from pvp who doest play minimum 10 minute or greater. That way they might not messed up pvp fun at all.

Another one is those criticals are serious problem. Magus player level 30 with pvp gear does more critical then my level 108 death char which i have over 320 critical boost on it. I hardly do critical in pve and pvp fights but those low level do more.

One more thing, kingsisla should ban jade gear from pvp. If player want higher resist in their stats then work hard and get beast gear by fighting but not easy way to buying. Player who has no will to fight hide behind jade skirt is lame and its disrespect to those who sweet to fight hard to get gear with arena tickets.

Regards,
Mainciye.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
Veracity8 on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
I would like to add one item to Lucas Rain's list.

11. When you can be hit by FFA on the first turn for over 3200 damage, that is a problem.
More of a problem for Storm, but still it's very hard to recover from that much damage
and win the match. I don't think that you should be able to get a shadow pips on the first
two turns.

Lucas also didn't mention all the other glitches that people have used over the years to
win a match. It's a combination of all of these items that have drove people away from
pvp and sadly, even to other games.

I would very much like to see KI stop producing new Packs, and other items, and just
try to fix and balance PVP. Starting by correcting the First Turn Advantage (correctly)
would be a huge move in the right direction.
In this part you are selfish acting for shadow pip. Its totally luck person gets shadow pip at first round. When you get that and hit with your shadow spell you will never complain about it so you are totally wrong on this. You not mention wild bolt with 2 pip does 3200 with critical landing. Lets say you didnt do critical and still hit 1600 with "2 pip" come on guys be real and fair on action you storm player talking about. I see many storm player spam wild bolt and it gives total disadvantage to others. Now talk about fair and unfair things.

KI can sell those packs without any problem at all.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
ShadowsShadex on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
i would say lvl 50 warlords, they can get very good gear and all they use is treasure cards. I say ban tc from rank matches
Seriously people dont be selfish. Why do you think level 50 has better gear? Because hard work and collect tickets gives that advantage. You do your best and win many battle so you will get better gear. And about treasure cards, they are for everyone to use, not for specific people. so dont complain something that doesnt even stand on ground. You will fight and win then start to collect your gear step by step. Thats how it is to have better gear with hard work.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
allot of people in pvp mostly storm mostly trouble with complain about to every school so, win with offense & defense so, possible for others school kill (overpower school)

1. puppet team
2. shadow magic
3. unfair rank
4. immunity
5. shadow enhanced spell
6. armor pierce (way to high) much worst with jewel socket "clued gear to much critical"

mostly sick people complain "sick of playing wizard101" make pvp fair for others school mostly like ice/myth/life

ice (want better resist gear or better spell so, heal allot more easy) instead getting single spell (useless effect) like abominable weaver because it stronger then lord of winter but isn't better as lord of winter because "abominable weaver isn't heavy" just spider but that spell more better off as school hybrid pet mostly like to hybrid with call of khrulhu!

life (once new aoe) never got one for while "waiting for so, long" complain about spell (spell nearly same as others but lower value! only spell have aoe is tc "only get from boxes event"

myth same issus same thing for ice (same trouble with healing) less aoe damage others school clued there effect "people mostly don't like myth" don't want myth getting secondary earthquake

about ice wizard
(but now some ice keep there tank so, now getting more deeper in immunity" sharing immunity so, pvp more harder "so, ice won't be only school with immunity" don't want face them easy be setup (strong guess know what school they are vs too (so, don't use myth/storm) because have shadow shrike you beat them easy "not for death tank & ice tank" when use immunity (don't use shadow magic) or spam bad juju for every time cast shadow magic or spam empower & bad juju

(immunity becoming more of a risk) don't win pvp that easy when others school to overpower!
--------------------
list of how many immunity (each school now)

: 0 Immunity
: 1 Immunity
: 7 Immunity
: 2 Immunity
: 4 Immunity
Those immunity players are mostly jade gear user with pet resist boost. If jade gear banned from pvp they will always have damage points in schools maybe 1or 2 school can get immune with ice school set of gear ant that will be against storm and fire. Those higher resists are available for level 100 and above. Not that level between 50 to 100 Against those immune and resist they create shadow pierce spell with higher risk backlash.

Puppet team is one of the worst i believe ki cannot do any about it i dont know but player with low level creates those fights when they joined group chat or similar action. Thats easy way to get them rank up with no hard work which is really sad to see it. People who see them should report them to kingsisla under name of puppet show or similar name

Survivor
Apr 19, 2014
I think the biggest problem is with the ranked pvp. I am a magus fire captain and they put me up against grandmaster warlords lol

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
The going first advantage is the biggest problem. It is unbalanced and unfair. Whoever goes first wins as they say but there isn't much KI can do about that unless they change the format to which battles are fought in pvp.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I just can't stand the way people will bring powerful treasure cards to pvp. It would be nice if there were a "don't allow treasure cards" option when playing both practice and ranked pvp.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
The biggest problem I had with PvP is the behavior of the players and the idea of it in general. In my opinion, PvP is too competitive and I never seemed to enjoy it. Due to this, I haven't PvPed for a several months and deleted all the characters I made for PvP. There's no point to PvP anyways.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
my biggest problem is whenever I play ranked pvp literally all i see are people with the same armor they bought from the crowns shop (I'm not even kidding, its the EXACT SAME clothes with like a skull mask) and i see they have like 800 health and i think that this will be a piece of cake, but then they cast astral spells so i cant do more than 200 dmg to them, even with traps and charms.

Then they cast a minion spell while taking advantage of their crowns-bought spells to completely destroy me.

i mean, its just unfair that people like me spent years collecting clothes and learning tactics, only to be beat by somebody who spent $50 on crowns

Survivor
Nov 15, 2015
The "NO TC" thing will not be enforced as it is and will always be a part of the game.

HOWEVER.......

I would like to see TC usage in PVP be a level based item, let me explain....

(eg) Kracken is a level 22 spell, and should have a level limit 10 levels lower. (ie) Wizards level 12 and above can use them only.
Storm Lord (level 48) only level 38 Wizards and above can use them
Snow Angel (level 58), only Wizards level 48 and above can use them,

This will allow players to enjoy pretty cool TC in PVP, but still allow the game to flow without the overpowering factor.

Before you guys jump on and say I am just sore from my losses, I have multiple Commander geared low levels and deal with those TC users with little complaint. I just want everyone to enjoy the game on a more even playing field.

BTW, none of my commander geared wizards used TC to get their gear.

Have Fun

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
1. Jade Gear
2. Armor Piercing
3. No Armor Pierce Block stat.

4. Guardian Spirit
5. Bad Juju
6. The New Reshuffle
7. No PVP timers
8. Everything

Adrian
Level 110
PVP Warlord

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
I have Grand Ice Warlord that has been laid to rest, no longer in use,...dead. Due to a broken critical system. I can't block. My rank is dwindling. So..RIP Taryn LightGem. I will no longer be using you in PVP. (unless K.I. fixes it)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PlayHard101 on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
Your saying Ice has 7 immunites? That is so off.

Infallible + Shrike + Malistare Gear means there is no immunity.

~PlayHard~
not mailistaire gear (meant jade gear) life get more block with jade gear then ice when life immune to others school and life more stronger storm immunity then ice

try think again with Infallible + Shrike?

not good ways of using those spells when a life wizard when they have immunity and not be easy to kill life wizard with those talent (hard to defeat them because carry storm dispel) facing a storm wizard they have over above more 500 critical block! also life wizard also puppet of storm wizard for fire/ice perk tournament so, both use fire immunity so, get rid of ice wizard!

I am ice wizard and I have immunity and have all 7 school (mostly some of school gear partly jade gear)

(people mix gear with malistaire gear beside most school use exalted rattlebone robes gear more then malistaire robes because higher for some school and mostly others school use terror hoard pack wards more then malistaire wands because give every more damage!

second answer: ice made own offense gear (doesn't wear either both of the gear) have more critical then malstaire gear & rattlebone gears) also such a good defense pet (offense gear give more little more resist to ice)

but do have immunity all 7 school (not on the malistaire gear) and also said: never said anything about malistaire having immunity resist all 7 school)

3rd answer: just because malistaire gear, infallible, shrike (useful gear just because defeated immunity resist think again (not life wizard wizard) shadow shrike/infallible not do a thing on them (no matter how hard they hit) spam heal

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Jesse Lifebringer on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
Those immunity players are mostly jade gear user with pet resist boost. If jade gear banned from pvp they will always have damage points in schools maybe 1or 2 school can get immune with ice school set of gear ant that will be against storm and fire. Those higher resists are available for level 100 and above. Not that level between 50 to 100 Against those immune and resist they create shadow pierce spell with higher risk backlash.

Puppet team is one of the worst i believe ki cannot do any about it i dont know but player with low level creates those fights when they joined group chat or similar action. Thats easy way to get them rank up with no hard work which is really sad to see it. People who see them should report them to kingsisla under name of puppet show or similar name
not all immunity not all from jade gear, i have all 7 immunity to all school (highest resist to fire) and high fire resist which not from jade gear) and actually I am immune infallible with mine fire resist gear vs any fire wizard (doesn't have shadow shrike) about still immune there shadow shrike with good fire resist gear (high percent shield) ice have abominable weaver which 75% and ice wizard get that amulet drop from Polaris (some school now have new enchanted spell from new amulet call: Bolstered Wards (enchanted shield spell) so, ice use that and abominable weaver spell (now have 85% shield) using amulet of with spell of: Bolstered Wards