Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Exalted Ice Heal

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
if ice gets a heal would be unstoppable in pvp why would you guys want a heal when ya have the perfect health good damage and resist everyone else have to use the life mastery,i did of course if your talking about questing.and looking at many op stats in the arena its just fine. i can barley keep my self alive facing a ice. THEY have the best indurance to have enough time to bubble or even blade.schools with lower health such as fire and storm need the healing spells to stay on top on weaver, breaking shields at the same time.AND I THOUGHT FIRE AND STORM WAS THE OP ONES.1 WEAVER open weaver or bladed bubble boost to it i am half way dead.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
JustinFrostHunter on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
just because complain because think ice overpower because high resist/heath (no duh there tank) tank post have high heath and high resist because that what is tank is about (so, get use to it) yes do agree ice do need heal because everybody carry armor pierce so, wouldn't even care about immunity and rather have resist increase nobody wouldn't care because armor pierce) people break resist then will give them what they want not mess with tank wizard!
There is a grand difference between a tank and a healer. In many infantry games, can the tank class repair itself? No, it needs an outside source, the engineer, or it will be overpowered.

Ice's armor pierce is just as high as every other school's armor pierce except Storm, while Ice has near equivalent damage, much higher health, and significantly more resist and defensive options in its attacks. With that, Ice can also stack the easiest, and as I proved to many low rank Ice wizards on this message boards already; giving Ice the ability to survive on and on without consequence would give Ice the most overpowered way to OHKO somebody the game has ever seen.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
honestly it shouldnt matter what the meta is they should get a heal simply because every other school has one period. If were gonna sit here and say they shouldnt cause it would be too op, then fire never shoulda gotten buring rampage then because its op or life never shoulda gotten guardian spirit then cause it was op, the op ness of a school has nothing to do with basic standards that every school should get, the point being this for the longest time life didnt have a hit all cause everyone complained it was a healing school only, then it got forest lord. Do you get the point im trying to make here.If you dont its this, the most op schools rotate generally but a school being op should never affect it from getting a stapel that every other school already has thats absolutely crazy. Not to mention it is a tanking school thats lost its ability to tank with all the piercing in the meta so its forced to play offensively defensive with weaver but not everyone always gets shadow pips when they need them so my true question is this why should ice suffer now cause a gameplay mechanic that was never well thought out to begin with(piercing) was created so now the school cant be defensive cause the defense just plain and simple isn't there anymore.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
Everyone always complained about ice in the past too but i been on noth sides of the spectrum the immunity wasnt an issue you would jsut convert and it was gone the 70% shields really didnt matter at that point cause they would have hardly any block or resist other than those shields everybody just didnt want to be bothered with carying the converts but yet they got rewarded for being lazy now shadow shrike completely destroys the ice schools point along with the crazy amount of base piercing just give ice a heal already its a necessary evil not to mention this game is different from every other game so dont say tanks that dont heal in another game cant heal in this one its irrelevant.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Rikudo Sennin on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
honestly it shouldnt matter what the meta is they should get a heal simply because every other school has one period. If were gonna sit here and say they shouldnt cause it would be too op, then fire never shoulda gotten buring rampage then because its op or life never shoulda gotten guardian spirit then cause it was op, the op ness of a school has nothing to do with basic standards that every school should get, the point being this for the longest time life didnt have a hit all cause everyone complained it was a healing school only, then it got forest lord. Do you get the point im trying to make here.If you dont its this, the most op schools rotate generally but a school being op should never affect it from getting a stapel that every other school already has thats absolutely crazy. Not to mention it is a tanking school thats lost its ability to tank with all the piercing in the meta so its forced to play offensively defensive with weaver but not everyone always gets shadow pips when they need them so my true question is this why should ice suffer now cause a gameplay mechanic that was never well thought out to begin with(piercing) was created so now the school cant be defensive cause the defense just plain and simple isn't there anymore.
Ice has undeniably the highest health, resist, blades, traps, and globals than any other school in the game. Simply giving it a heal "because every other school has one" is like stating that Balance needs a DoT because every other school has one. It will be overpowered.

Ice can be very well defensive if it pleases. Any school can. The problem is that these players won't last long. Question yourself this. If no school can survive playing defensively, why should Ice?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Rikudo Sennin on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Everyone always complained about ice in the past too but i been on noth sides of the spectrum the immunity wasnt an issue you would jsut convert and it was gone the 70% shields really didnt matter at that point cause they would have hardly any block or resist other than those shields everybody just didnt want to be bothered with carying the converts but yet they got rewarded for being lazy now shadow shrike completely destroys the ice schools point along with the crazy amount of base piercing just give ice a heal already its a necessary evil not to mention this game is different from every other game so dont say tanks that dont heal in another game cant heal in this one its irrelevant.
By any chance, are these "immune Ices" that you're stating above Private level? Speaking from experience from somebody with a rating above 2000 in First Age PvP, Ice was very dominant in the fact that it had 80-95% Fire and Storm resist while running 50% universal resist back in 2011-2013. Ice wizards also carried an array of shields and used many so converts were still not very useful against Ice wizards. The fact that a Storm or Fire wizard had to spend additional turns using converts while Ice could go straight for the kill made PvP harder for the schools. Ice had a heal back then with its insanely high resist, and what happened? Ice dominated PvP for 3 years straight simply because it could heal and continually stack with almost no opposition or pressure applied. Now that defenses have gone down drastically, Ice has gained another severe advantage in that schools will struggle to take out an Ice wizard before an Ice wizard will take them out, simply because of high health and much higher resist, with the addition of Balefrost and Icebird.

Before Ice gets a heal, defense for all schools needs to go up so other schools can actually survive a large stack and kill strategy, and then Ice can get a heal so it can't simply survive and win in the end.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
IcicleWar on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
Duncan,

I expect that Blaze Ice is talking about Level 100, and they are certainly not overpowered at this level.
I would rank them at Mid Tier at best, and maybe at the Top of Mid just slightly ahead of Death.

Considering that Five of the Seven schools have their own heal now, I expect that Ice has to get one,
sooner or later.
Yes agree (most overpower is storm) armor pierce to (high) armor pierce banned from pvp above 10 above (storm more then 50 armor pierce) unfair in wizard101 (most I want immunity warlord gear) immunity unfair vs storm (life just annoying) ice do need heal (snow drift useless) others school forget about using overtime heal!

storm most overpower school also immunity too (saw one them having immune to fire with life wizard in ice/fire perk tournament) both use fire immune

so, now storm as: high damage, high critical, high armor pierce, also immunity, to much critical block (think storm banned pvp) just annoying

(least can't Polaris to come) coming 2015 (don't come up overpower spell) or make stage for pvp

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
IcicleWar on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
PvP,

The first question I would have is "Who stated that Ice is Over Powered, it's a Tier 2 school?

Ice does have quite the number of Exalted present on the Leader boards, but I have been
watching, and they have been constantly dropping in numbers.

I will counter your statement, right now if you look at the leader boards, you will see several other
Exalted Wizards well before you see an Exalted Ice.

The number one Exalted is a Life and along with Fire and Storm, those three appear to be on the fastest
vertical climb right now.
Ice has been losing ground ever since the release of the Darkmoor dungeon and the lost of their resist.

Currently, Exalted have these numbers on the boards.

Balance is still at top, at 29.
Ice is second and has dropped to 13.
Life has risen to 12.
Fire has risen to 10.
Storm has risen to 10.
Death is still close to what it was at 6.
Myth has dropped to just 1.

I expect that by the end of the year, you will see Ice fall behind Life, Fire and maybe even Storm.
I expect Ice to stay above Death and Myth, which would put it in Tier 2, along with Death.
Myth is clearly in Tier 3, no question on that, and I expect that Death may drop there as well.
I think that Storm is headed towards to top of Tier 2, the next few month will tell.

Projecting the new order, based on the change since Darkmoor and the new spells.

Life
Fire.
Balance.
Storm
Ice
Death.
Myth.
who care about tier?

ice still beat (stronger then that fire/storm)

these are book say each school:

Triton
Giant
Dragon
Imagination
Spirit
Finality
Harmony

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
harder for ice to heal (use death spell then others then life)

everybody dispel ice (allot people not just ice dispel) common do life/death dispel (sometime I use myth) keep from stacking double tower (different) different size (so, rid of both of them) don't use school mastery amulet (make dispel spam more worst for ice especially vs death because of there bad juju! we can't cleanse charm (do storm see on using it) storm dispel unless team storm dispel them first before dispel me) only heal (use fire spell use "link") still cause issus!

now ice wizard can't enjoyed pvp in 4v4 & 3v3 & 2v2 (know why because everytime there ice wizard) always storm wizard (such high armor pierce) storm wizard be banned from pvp or hoping new wizard101 talent useful ice or new school (dispel shadow magic/dispel armor pierce)

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
PvP King on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
No, you are incorrect, Ice hasn't been having a lower presence on the Leaderboard. I checked my results from last week compared to today, and Ice has the same number of wizards on the Leaderboard, again, coming in second place. The only difference from last week today is that instead of seeing 4 Ice wizards before any other school, the top ranked Exalted wizard is of course, a Fire.

Through 1v1, here is how it goes:
Fire, Life, Fire, Fire, Balance, then Ice and Ice, and so on.

The numbers received today:
Balance - 29 (simply because of popularity, Balance isn't common in the higher ranks according to results)
Ice - 15 (common in the higher ranks)
Fire - 13 (very common in the higher ranks)
Life - 12 (extremely common in the higher ranks)
Storm - 10 (2v2 common in higher ranks; only 3 made it to lower side of boards through 1v1)
Death - 6 (4 of which did 2v2; only appear in lower ranks)
Myth - 1 (simply a bad school)

Ice has proven itself to be probably equal to Balance in Exalted PvP, as the popularity of Exalted Ice PvP is very low and many Ice wizards are in the higher ranks, completely opposite to Balance's results. In tier list, here is how I would position schools:
Life
Fire
Balance-Ice (Balance having higher potential of 3rd place)
Death
Storm
Myth

Ice doesn't need an in-school heal. Its blade stacking ability and high health suffice for that, and if Ice could heal, it would simply blade, heal continuously, then Shrike and massively damage its opponents. Like I said in other threads, before Ice gains an upgrade, all schools need to gain in defense and defensive utility.
Completely agree with you

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PvP King on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
By any chance, are these "immune Ices" that you're stating above Private level? Speaking from experience from somebody with a rating above 2000 in First Age PvP, Ice was very dominant in the fact that it had 80-95% Fire and Storm resist while running 50% universal resist back in 2011-2013. Ice wizards also carried an array of shields and used many so converts were still not very useful against Ice wizards. The fact that a Storm or Fire wizard had to spend additional turns using converts while Ice could go straight for the kill made PvP harder for the schools. Ice had a heal back then with its insanely high resist, and what happened? Ice dominated PvP for 3 years straight simply because it could heal and continually stack with almost no opposition or pressure applied. Now that defenses have gone down drastically, Ice has gained another severe advantage in that schools will struggle to take out an Ice wizard before an Ice wizard will take them out, simply because of high health and much higher resist, with the addition of Balefrost and Icebird.

Before Ice gets a heal, defense for all schools needs to go up so other schools can actually survive a large stack and kill strategy, and then Ice can get a heal so it can't simply survive and win in the end.
It More then now (because now Immunity Resist Pet) Max 14% resist 2-4 school with double resist plus ultra jewel with school resist there max 14

one school left getting immunity to shadow magic (get that need ultra school jewel resist max 14% resist or more either universe or shadow magic (use shadow magic jewel) lose 14% ultra ice resist jewel for ice immunity on mine ice wizard (go down lower) keep it stay higher (also good news new world coming to wizard101 in 2015 :D confirmed Polaris 101% is our next world!)