Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Spell Would You Banned From PVP/PVE?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
What Spell Would You Banned from PvP/PvE which once would you pick make game unbalance?

here are mine choice:

1. any wizard level 95-100 (no long using shadow shrike or spam over 1000 damage vs any wizard under level 1-90)

2. insane bolt are banned for pvp & pve "only use vs people stronger rank limit only: vs to Knight,Captain,Commander,Warlord (breaking this rules: Suspended From PVP/PVE about week)

3. Member Benefits (for wizard only in rank of: Private, Corporal) allow get warlord gear at lower price OF arena ticket"

4. spamming spell are banned from pvp/pve (want to spam spell) much pass 1 around limit to spam same spell again!

5. ice want do some ice pvp just get warlord just to pass there goal "allow use immunity" vs any wizard with high armor pierce are banned pvp/pve (only allow use convert) breaking this rules: banned pvp/pve 3 week or month!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
If I had to ban a spell I'd have to choose Wild or Insane Bolt. But I would really ban them and gray them out from your spell deck and not allow people to use them and get suspended from PvP for a week - a month which is 100% unfair if you ask me.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I'd ban all the dove spells and taunts. They are wasted turns for 99.9999% of the times they are actually used.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on May 8, 2015 wrote:
What Spell Would You Banned from PvP/PvE which once would you pick make game unbalance?

here are mine choice:

1. any wizard level 95-100 (no long using shadow shrike or spam over 1000 damage vs any wizard under level 1-90)

2. insane bolt are banned for pvp & pve "only use vs people stronger rank limit only: vs to Knight,Captain,Commander,Warlord (breaking this rules: Suspended From PVP/PVE about week)

3. Member Benefits (for wizard only in rank of: Private, Corporal) allow get warlord gear at lower price OF arena ticket"

4. spamming spell are banned from pvp/pve (want to spam spell) much pass 1 around limit to spam same spell again!

5. ice want do some ice pvp just get warlord just to pass there goal "allow use immunity" vs any wizard with high armor pierce are banned pvp/pve (only allow use convert) breaking this rules: banned pvp/pve 3 week or month!
Banning insane bolt from PvP I can understand, but PvE? What? And a punishment? If you use insane bolt, you can't quest for a week? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Lucas Rain on May 15, 2015 wrote:
I'd ban all the dove spells and taunts. They are wasted turns for 99.9999% of the times they are actually used.
taunting doesn't do nothing but would be bad banned taunt because would chance snow angel spell banned taunt and ice have snow angel taunt chance by: 99.9999%?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
I believe Shadow should ONLY be banned when using it on someone that is WAY too low than your level, but near your lvl, I believe it is just fine to use it.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
The spell I would want banned Would be any type of healing spell!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
aricchojnowski123 on May 17, 2015 wrote:
I believe Shadow should ONLY be banned when using it on someone that is WAY too low than your level, but near your lvl, I believe it is just fine to use it.
I agree with shadow magic is unfair because unfair for immunity and just waste pet talent and pet snack and waste of time and just get good stupid talent that you want to easy pvp but make others spell unfair?

also shadow magic wizard as real school (so, able train shadow magic dispel) or upgrade jade gear made as shadow jade gear!

got allot new shadow magic idea for others thing (not just for spell)

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If playerLevel < 50 then critical=0

Level limit attack TCs by rank.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on May 17, 2015 wrote:
taunting doesn't do nothing but would be bad banned taunt because would chance snow angel spell banned taunt and ice have snow angel taunt chance by: 99.9999%?
Who is talking about Snow Angel? Not me. But taunts and dove/reduce threat spells are not useful in PvP, therefore they really have no business being there. Practically the only times they are used is when a new player packs the spell and doesn't understand what it does, then wastes a turn and pips on the useless spell.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Lucas Rain on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Who is talking about Snow Angel? Not me. But taunts and dove/reduce threat spells are not useful in PvP, therefore they really have no business being there. Practically the only times they are used is when a new player packs the spell and doesn't understand what it does, then wastes a turn and pips on the useless spell.
I know about taunt but know isn't useful but know what taunt does but why people think funny and what so, funny about taunt because laugh when others use taunt and think spell is useless doesn't do nothing never been ice wizard?

KI SHOULD FIX upgrade taunt (just make taunt little better) people understand the taunt more and made taunt make wizard turn into chicken so, would attack me not others for turning them into chicken

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
lewski on May 16, 2015 wrote:
Banning insane bolt from PvP I can understand, but PvE? What? And a punishment? If you use insane bolt, you can't quest for a week? That's absolutely ridiculous.
I know and I agree because shadow shrike (lucky he have death wizard around) spam bad juju

spell I would banned (jewel socketing for mine reason and don't get real resist) dumb flat resist...anyone know how get immunity with flat resist with your normal resist?

I want farm for shadow magic jewel in Khrysails (there is shadow magic jewel in Khrysails) there Jewel are Call:Hematite

Survivor
Apr 25, 2014
If the choice was up to me, I would ban; 'Tower Shield', and any 'TC' cards. First off, I would band tower shield because people spend lots of time trapping and blading and they are ready to attack the someone pulls a tower shield and it's a pain to get rid of. Secondly, people shouldn't be using spells they don't have, because it's a test of strength, not how much gold you can spend on TCs especially tower shield.

Colin Rainbowpants LvL 50 Storm.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
In my dream world, players couldn't use attack treasure cards that are more than 10 levels above their own. Yes, I know this would greatly hamper the level 10 warlords who got there using triton, orthrus, and basilisk, but it might make PvP fun again.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Not a spell, but I would ban mastery amulets, because they allow you to cast with ease spells outside your school, which lessens skill. I would also restrict treasure cards to your primary school only, and you could not cast any tc that's above your current level cap.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Intrepidatius on May 24, 2015 wrote:
Not a spell, but I would ban mastery amulets, because they allow you to cast with ease spells outside your school, which lessens skill. I would also restrict treasure cards to your primary school only, and you could not cast any tc that's above your current level cap.
So when you take away Mastery Amulets, that means that Ice and Myth can no longer heal in PvP.
Plus, they have no easy way to heal in Pve, so that would seem very unfair to me.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Iluvhuskiez on May 17, 2015 wrote:
The spell I would want banned Would be any type of healing spell!
The Life school would turn into a punching bag!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
samsamuelson101 on May 23, 2015 wrote:
If the choice was up to me, I would ban; 'Tower Shield', and any 'TC' cards. First off, I would band tower shield because people spend lots of time trapping and blading and they are ready to attack the someone pulls a tower shield and it's a pain to get rid of. Secondly, people shouldn't be using spells they don't have, because it's a test of strength, not how much gold you can spend on TCs especially tower shield.

Colin Rainbowpants LvL 50 Storm.
tower shield not only spell should be banned (mostly like for balance) they should banned from using shield (all the shield) don't have balance shield (had balance shield) would rid of tower possible (mostly dispel shield be banned) make harder cast spell because mostly like about attack (annoying losing pips)

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Lucas Rain on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Well banning Taunts is useless people still don't use it in PVP so what difference does it make when you ban that spell. Just doesn't make sense.

Nicholas Star

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on May 8, 2015 wrote:

here are mine choice:

I think loremaster should be banned from PvP although this will sadly never happen.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Snee432 on May 24, 2015 wrote:
In my dream world, players couldn't use attack treasure cards that are more than 10 levels above their own. Yes, I know this would greatly hamper the level 10 warlords who got there using triton, orthrus, and basilisk, but it might make PvP fun again.
I second that, and I'd limit ranked PvP to levels 20 and up. Level 10 warlord shouldn't be a thing. That would cut down on puppet teams and bad behaviour, since you'd have to invest time and effort to even get to ranked, rather than creating throwaway accounts as happens now.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I second that, and I'd limit ranked PvP to levels 20 and up. Level 10 warlord shouldn't be a thing. That would cut down on puppet teams and bad behaviour, since you'd have to invest time and effort to even get to ranked, rather than creating throwaway accounts as happens now.
I do disagree with treasure cards used in PvP.
But here is a suggestion.
"If you can't beat them, join them"
For now until wizard101 does something about tc used in pvp (I doubt they will but there is a small chance), you will have use tc as well. It's just how the things are now. Nothing you can do about it.

Nicholas Star

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
My opinion starts with a quick little story. One time me and my friend were doing some 1v1. She kept asking me if I could not use enfeeble or not use shields, etc. I told her that every school has its powers and advantages. For example, death has feint and the heal back, ice has the tower shield, and myth has earthquake and shatter. It is not fair to other schools to simply take a spell out from pvp. As for treasure cards, I don't think that they should be allowed in ranked pvp. Some people use those to, not quite cheat, but stretch the real purpose. Lots of people take ranked pvp seriously and I feel like treasure cards are crossing the line, you know? I think that practice pvp should allow treasure cards because that is more laid back with friends of all levels, trying new things, that stuff. I hope this helped!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Survivor
May 23, 2012
Wild bolt, minons, shadow magic, insaneb bolts

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I wouldn't ban any spell... BUT.. I think any spell that you cast more than say.. oh -- 12 times -- should lose half of it's effect each time you use it after that. So the thirteenth bad juju is only a 45% weakness, and the fourteenth is 23%.. and so on.

If your spell hasn't helped you after a dozen uses, maybe it should just start running out of juice....