Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewel's Flat Damage

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
The Flat Damage of jewels is applied AFTER the percent has been applied, rathen then it being applied BEFORE the percent is applied, much like how it is supposed to be (Like Colossal). I do not think it is supposed to be this way.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Gary originally said on social media that it was supposed to be added before damage boosts, but later retracted that statement. Indeed, flat rate is added after.

...hey, do you hear that? Yeah, I wondered too. It's the echoing, regretful howl of every player who just won a flat rate damage jewel and will never use it.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Ya, I noticed that. Why go to all the work of this update to make it all but useless

The flat resist is calculated the wrong way too The flat resist is taken off before percent resist, hence the higher your percent resist the less effective the flat resist. In other words, the higher level you get (normally the higher your percent resist gets), the less you would even want the jewels. So much for motivation to keep playing this game at higher levels...

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. I'd be ok with that since there are more useful things to put in those sockets, but crafting seems biased toward giving useless jewels. I am piled high with school resist and critical, but have no luck getting pierce. There's no crafting option for opals, so healing in and out (which are among the best uses for square and round sockets) are very hard to come by.

Jewels are a nice addition to the game, but the implementation beget confusion and frustration. I hope improvements will come.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I just go ahead and insert all of the flat damage and resist jewels I find until I get something better. They don't do much but it's better than having them stuck in the jewel inventory. It doesn't cost anything when they're removed from the socket so at least this way I get a little benefit from them.