Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-10-15

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Instead of adding, i think we should take OUT: may cast enfeeble and shatter
They are so frustrating and skilless in PvP.
While on the subject of pvp tho, if you go first you have a HUGE advantage, even with the extra pip the second player receives, i think theres some work to be done.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Kelsey Fireheart on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
May Cast = MC
Regular = Reg

MC & Reg Reflective talents - If someone attacks, the pet pretty much puts up a mirror and bounces it back at the caster.

MC & Reg Shadow damage (Pet adds damage)
MC & Reg Shadow resist (Pet adds resist)

MC Sun, Moon, Stars boosts (Like we already casted an aura for example on ourselves and our pet will BOOST the aura or we cast a spell, our pet stops it and adds its own damage, even for already enhanced cards)

MC & Reg temporary gear boosts (Pet adds resist, damage, etc to gear)

I keep wanting the pets to be more smarter & proactive. Most of the time their may casts are so low & I expect more from them. Their may cast ratio shouldn't be so low. Why train for talents that don't even really help at all anyway?

Why can't they help boost our auras, shields, bounce back spells for us? For instance, we put up a shield, the pet determines that it wants to boost our shield, so it casts a spell that increases our shield resist by 5, 10% or it determines that it wants to boost our CASTING spell's damage once we cast it. It can stop our spell & add 100 damage then lets it go to be cast.

I'm at the point where I wish that the pet wasn't limited to 5 talents. It should be a bit open ended & let us train the "mastery" of each talent. Or simply let us train "mastery" of each talent for our pets. For instance, I would love to be able to buy, yes buy, Unicorn Level 1 for the pet which is locked in. Then work with it to train its mastery of the talent. The higher the level, the higher the cast is.

I also want to be able to copy over talents if I want to without a hundred hatches if I'm in the mood for a different look of pet. I'm even willing to pay for this. It'd be like stitching pets.

Also I think I want better animations for my pets. Not sure. They look cute when they dance & all. But I'd love for them to jump in front of me into the duel circle and act like they're protecting us or enhancing our card. Something fun to watch.
Super unbalanced for pvp, and makes the game take so much less skill and more luck. Not what this game needs.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
may cast rebirth and satyr, also critical damage on storm and/or life.

Lauren
Tiffany

Explorer
May 17, 2009
May Cast Guardian Angel

May Cast a minion (for instance if tiger pet maybe a tiger minion)

Or maybe some kind of cool may cast growl effect that wipes all of the enemies pips.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Dakota Death on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Some of these ideas are really OP, but I like more shadow pip % and may cast sprite swarm. Those should be added. How about Shadow Ward?

I'm against selling talents, but being able to "untrain" a learned one would be nice. That's fair, since anyone who put in the work could get it. Just train down the same EXP to the last level and it locks out the last learned talent. Then train up again and you get what ever would be after that.

You'd still be hatching to get the talents, and training to unlock AND lock them, so KI wouldn't lose any business, and players would still all have the same chance. It would just make fails hurt less.
oh wow, great idea Dakota!
first time I read something about managing talents that is good for everyone AND let this part of the game stay bankable
it would be a win-win update for both trainers and KingsIsle, nice, I hope you'll be heard!

also, I like the idea of May Cast Bladestorm
because, nope Tanda1, May Cast exists for Balanceblade, Dragonblade, all schools blades and Spiritual/Elemental blades but still no May Cast Bladestorm

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
"Roll Over". Your pet can give the option to reroll any one dropped piece of gear to increase the chance of getting something better.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Dakota Death on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Some of these ideas are really OP, but I like more shadow pip % and may cast sprite swarm. Those should be added. How about Shadow Ward?

I'm against selling talents, but being able to "untrain" a learned one would be nice. That's fair, since anyone who put in the work could get it. Just train down the same EXP to the last level and it locks out the last learned talent. Then train up again and you get what ever would be after that.

You'd still be hatching to get the talents, and training to unlock AND lock them, so KI wouldn't lose any business, and players would still all have the same chance. It would just make fails hurt less.
While the idea is slightly off topic, it's an idea that I'm glad was shared. I would be down with that... and boy would I be happy when I got garbage talents at Baby, Teen, or Adult.

But what about derby talents? What if you get a derby talent you want to keep at the same time as you get a regular pet talent you want to lose? Might get a little complicated trying to work around that.

I know most people could care less about their pets' derby talents, but some people might like to build a solid duel pet that is also a solid racer if there is an option to lock talents in and out.

I still like the spirit of the idea. I just wish something could be done to make a few more useful pets out of the hundreds I have. I'm sure almost all 12 of my wizards have at least 80 pets each, most have over 100, and they each only have at best 1 or 2 pets that I want to actually use.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
i would be awesome to put some critical or stun block on there

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
cattasha on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
May cast rebirth & may cast satyr
A jewel system for pets so that we can get the card we want on our favorite pet.
A pet stitching system could also help, instead of a jewel system.

I still want a Zoo house or bundle that holds more than 50 pets inside/outside ;)
Rebirth and Satyr are much too strong to be may cast talents.

I like the jewel idea, maybe a collar for the pet with a socket. Limit it to one or two so it isn't OP, but let us pick the shape(s).

A pet house would be lovely.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Just wanted to say that I love Dakota Death's idea about unlearning bad habits.

How would that work when you go to hatch a pet with an "unlearned" dominant unwanted trait?

I would like it to have its relative dominance downgraded, as a result of untraining it. Not sure how this would get coded, though.

As for derby, it would be nice to have these separate, but it seems difficult to separate them.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I'd be happy if my pets did the heals and auras they have now a little more often. I don't need much new.

It would be wonderful if Toucans, Penguins, and Watermoles (Platypus) were pets.

There shouldn't be anything that makes pets may cast damage. It's bad enough when other players waste traps and prisms.

For derby pets I'd love one more ultra-rare selfish talent: "Expess" +25power +40 agility

Speaking of Derby, 3rd lap fix, spectator mode, leader board, more tickets, and tournaments please.

I agree with everyone who asked for a pet themed house.

Hero
May 02, 2009
May Cast Guardian Spirit please and thank you there now ;P.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Oh! I just thought of something else. May-cast Blinding Light. That would help a team but not be too OP.

Administrator
Great ideas so far, Wizards! Since this seems to be a pretty popular topic, we're going to keep it rolling for one more week! So, feel free to continue to chime in with what you'd like to see from pet talents and powers! ::grin::

Happy Friday, and have another wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I would probably add a may cast summon minion talent, shadow pip talent, global talent and may cast reshuffle talent. Oh and a rare boss drop luck talent. Probably a triage talent too, man.... all those talents would make a godlike pet.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Now that I think about it a school mastery talent would be cool, and a bonus gold drop talent. More PVE talents in general I suppose.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Jun 12, 2014
When I am on one of my Life wizards , a pet that cast level 4 healing or even a seldom REBIRTH would be nice .
When on a Storm wizard , a pet that like the original test pets had three resists , would be nice , or the standard two with a Party resist increase talent .
When on Myth wizard , a pet that could spot an Enemy Myth resist and Storm boost and convert for me would really be nice . or any of the schools that have convert possible ( sorry Balance ) .
There are more that would be listed , but I have the real life problems that are calling me away : ( .

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
-A MC suppressing talent: Nap Time- -50% chance to trigger MC talent to opponent

-A loot luck pet- End of the Rainbow- +10% chance to gain rare drop.

-A pet MC imitating talent- Mime- % chance to cast spell opponent's pet just cast.

-A pet imitating talent- Amorphous- Copy the stats and talents of opponent's pet(Limited by level-a teen pet with amorphous would transform into opponent's pet at teen if opponent had a mega pet for example).

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Okay.

Pet Talent Suggestions Reloaded
  • Let's go deeper than cards, stats, and may-casts. Let's add some new classes of talents, like may-resist, may-buff, may-critbuff, may-pierce, may-block, etc. that will last for the complete duration of your duel. If your pet activates that talent, you get a stat boost from that point onward.
  • Pet may-counter. Maybe your pet is really protective, and will sometimes answer with a natural attack (of the pet's school) at a foe who targets you.
  • Let's add an option to remove pet cards that come with a pet, or switch out pet cards for other stock cards from a trainer in the Pet Pavilion.
  • Let's go back and add duplicate, triplicate cards to some of the old pets, so they gain value as they level up. Brown Spider, for instance, should be revised to give 3 cards at Mega.
  • Certain pets could give you an additional crafting slot, improve rate of energy regeneration, or give you another teleport point.
  • Pet talent that changes who goes first in the next round. This can either be a pet card version or a may-cast version of a spell idea I've suggested before.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
nevergameover on Apr 18, 2015 wrote:
I would probably add a may cast summon minion talent, shadow pip talent, global talent and may cast reshuffle talent. Oh and a rare boss drop luck talent. Probably a triage talent too, man.... all those talents would make a godlike pet.
Summon minions would be a major problem, because a minion could block a player from returning. Best not have that. And few players use minions past the first arc. Neither you nor your pet will be warmly regarded for popping a minion out in a high level dungeon.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I don't want any may cast that is more random or infrequent than we have now, and would hate changing turn order. That kind of chaos can really mess up battle plans.

I like these a lot:
  • Let's add an option to remove pet cards that come with a pet, or switch out pet cards for other stock cards from a trainer in the Pet Pavilion.
  • Let's go back and add duplicate, triplicate cards to some of the old pets, so they gain value as they level up. Brown Spider, for instance, should be revised to give 3 cards at Mega.
I'm not sure actually removing cards would work with program mechanics, but a lockout for pet cards (and item) would be great. Someone above suggested a collar/socket system, which might be another way to add specific cards to a pet. more cards with level for some pets would be nice, not all unless there is a lockout, as I don't always want that much in my deck.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's some pet talents I'd love to see in the game:
  • Takes blades floating above your head that you can't use, and places them on wizards on your team that can
  • boosts existing blades floating above your head
  • Heals players on your team with the least health
  • Takes shields from your opponent, and places them on yourself, and players on your team
  • Transfers traps on you or teammates, and places them on your opponents
  • Casts beguile on your opponent
  • Restores your mana
  • Reshuffles your deck

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
1# Pet special ability: 'Blade defender" When spell is cast to remove or shatter blades your pet could fend off the attack on blades/ latches on to them or at least some from being removed to nerf it a little a percent maycast chance can be added to where it is not OP.
or
2# Pet can be set to where talents can be more critiqued for player style play .

3# Pet attacks like somthing Bone dragon in darkmoor with non or shadow school specific spell to nerf it you could add pips or percent of may cast

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
Pet gear it would be one peace of gear school only for the pets school and it can give it different stuff like more critor a higher chance of casting spells and it can layover a talent like when you equip it to you pet you chose what talent you want to replace it is still there but it can't be used the gear would be age of the pet not the lv of the wizard.