Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim - Jotun

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 19, 2014
Hello,

I've been trying to defeat Jotun and his minions that just take more time than him but with no luck.

I thought to myself "maybe if i come back at a higher level it'll be easier." Made it to level 50 from level 45 and still no luck defeating him.

I've heard about the minions in the two doors on the left but it's hard even doing them alone.

I was in Celestia when i had leveled up to level 55 and then saw i had a new spell to learn.

Then after i got to Grizzleheim i realized that i should probably be in Wintertusk right now because the guy to defeat to get the "Bag O Spells" is in Wintertusk.

Hey so guess what i'm a useful healing spell short because i can't get into Wintertusk.

The fact that the spells are in wintertusk makes me think i'm the only level 55 guy stuck doing Nidavellir and i kind of feel it's true because i'm the only guy around Jotun ANY realm i go to.

Please, any tips on defeating this "Jotun"

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
hey I had the same problem yesterday like no joke but i used crowns for minions XD cause no one was on to help me. my advice is to get some help with it. I could help but idk how we're going to set up a meet on here

Explorer
May 19, 2014
nick the wiz on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
hey I had the same problem yesterday like no joke but i used crowns for minions XD cause no one was on to help me. my advice is to get some help with it. I could help but idk how we're going to set up a meet on here
Well i could use crowns for minions but it'd take tons of quiz answers googling and watching videos

And i can't get any help because

1. My (friends*) are kind of always busy or don't have access to the area yet.

2. No one else is around the area except me so i just can't go ask strangers for help

3. I can't think of a third reason XD.

*If you have friends on Wizard101 you'll probably understand why i put it in colons.

I really want to get Availing Hands -.-

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
yes I know what you mean they're either too busy, no member, no time and all the other excuses. and it wouldn't even take that long to beat them if we had help these days

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
:) The trick is you at least need 2 players. I used the team button and i waited. Someone came to help me and when one of us died, we used a potion and teleported back (I previously put down an X) and kept fighting until dead (my recommendation is stock up on 3 potions). I'm a lvl 53 wizard and can use spells too. I can help if you'd like but it's your choice.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Try fighting his brothers in the side dungeons first. If you fight his brothers first, when you go after Jotun, he will only have his little minion.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
The trick is to be able to set aside a large block of time, and be patient. Any Nidavellir dungeon creatures you defeat are not replaced as long as you keep the instance open, even if you are defeated. This means in the larger fights you can pick off one minion, get defeated, potion, play a minigame to refill the potion, then go back--and reenter the fight with one minion less to face. With Judgement, picking off a single creature should easily be doable in any of the fights. Its only trying to defeat all the creatures in the same fight that is hard.

If you haven't already, go to Celestia base camp, visit the sun trainer, and train Strong and Giant. These enchantment spells are very helpful, increasing the base damage of any damage spell without taking a turn to cast. If you need training points, find Ogden Peak in Celestia base camp, he has some training point quests for you that are quick and easy to do.