Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Destroy Pips Over Time Spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I had an idea for a new spell effect that would destroy a number of pips on the target per turn for a certain number of turns.

Something along these lines

Death Fire
8 Pips
720 Damage and destroys one pip on the target per turn for two turns.

What do you guys think?

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well this would help us in hard battles but probably wouldn't be allowed in pvp :P but other then that sounds pretty helpful ( for wizards vs monster )

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I like the spell idea a lot and think it has some promise for PvP and PvE, but let's think about this some more.

If more than one player casts this spell on the same target, what happens?
Does that target actually lose a pip per round?
Can the target have negative pips?
Or is there a lower limit of pips that you can't go under?
Would it work on Shadow pips too?

If you can't go lower than 2 pips with this spell working on you, then I like it a little better.

Honestly though, I think Storm school should have a spell of this style if anybody should, since they have the lowest of all pip rates on average. If any other schools used this on Storm, the Storm couldn't do anything to keep up but spam bolts.

*1000th post*

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Well, if it's available for wizards, then some creatures would presumably be able to cast it as well. That would be an incredibly annoying spell with which to be hit.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A non-damage utility spell might work better.
Wizard Stasis
Cost: 3 Pips
Effect: Stun Target 1 round, destroy 1 pip , freeze pip production following 2 rounds.
The following 2 rounds they could cast, but would not receive any new pips.
School Mastery: None

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
A non-damage utility spell might work better.
Wizard Stasis
Cost: 3 Pips
Effect: Stun Target 1 round, destroy 1 pip , freeze pip production following 2 rounds.
The following 2 rounds they could cast, but would not receive any new pips.
School Mastery: None
This is probably the best suggestion I've seen on this topic. Especially useful when you're up against earthquake spamming Myth mobs. It would give you a chance to stack a few blades without having to worry about losing them. The only thing I would add would be maybe it should be a bit more costly to cast ... 4-5 pips -OR- allow for new pips but eliminate the possibility for power pips in the 2-round penalty phase.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Freezing pips does sound better, actually. That way, multiple casts on the same target of this kind of spell wouldn't completely remove all of their pips.

The cost would have to be high, though. That way it could not be spammed like weakness. That's why I suggest it as a damage spell.

It could be a non-school damage spell though. Something that costs 4 power pips, making it so that it cannot be cast on the first round of a fight and, if someone does cast it, they cannot cast it again for a few rounds unless they stockpiled pips.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Pip destruction over time spells can be very handy against numerous monsters that cast higher ranked spells, & that would be irritating to plenty of Wizards trying to cast attacks against the monsters. It sounds like a nice idea, like an over time variation of Mana Burn's way of destroying Pips.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TucsonWizard on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
This is probably the best suggestion I've seen on this topic. Especially useful when you're up against earthquake spamming Myth mobs. It would give you a chance to stack a few blades without having to worry about losing them. The only thing I would add would be maybe it should be a bit more costly to cast ... 4-5 pips -OR- allow for new pips but eliminate the possibility for power pips in the 2-round penalty phase.
The reason I set it at 3 is no school mastery. This way it costs all schools 3 actual pips, whether power or regular. It would be most useful in a team situation, while helping a hitter build. The cost is enough to prevent overuse/abuse of it.