Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeons are too long.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Some where in the game, maybe in Kry, there is a row of dungeons one after another. You can finish one and log off and do the others as you have time. Love that format. It is to hard to find the time for two and four hour dungeons.
Drives me crazy when people don't stay all the way through but I understand. After two hours I am bored with the whole thing and just want it over. As an added insult, after four hours, all the drops were stuff you could get in the Bazaar for little gold and no motes!
Have Mercy!
Mattie114

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I know the feeling right now on my life wiz Dragonspyre has too many of them it sickens me to finish one and turn around and do another and don't even get me started on the labyrinth I had to do it three times for a quest for the chests and for my school quest for rebirth

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mattie1010. on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Some where in the game, maybe in Kry, there is a row of dungeons one after another. You can finish one and log off and do the others as you have time. Love that format. It is to hard to find the time for two and four hour dungeons.
Drives me crazy when people don't stay all the way through but I understand. After two hours I am bored with the whole thing and just want it over. As an added insult, after four hours, all the drops were stuff you could get in the Bazaar for little gold and no motes!
Have Mercy!
Mattie114
i agree.

i have a very hard time finding a group that will commit to the entire instance (since i know you're referring to castle dread-more) and knowing that i have to complete this multiple times just puts me in a bad mood. it's just such a waste of time... and for what? low-rank pet snacks and mist wood?

sorry, just no.

i logged 500+ runs (not including the ones i had to abandon because my group quit) before i saw any gear, and i still don't have a full set on any of my 3 exalted wizards (balance has hat/robe/athame and storm has boots; poor death has nothing). my odds of getting any drops worth keeping are around the same as getting struck by lightning five times in the same place, lower even. and, considering the sheer amount of time required, one of the following needs to happen:

1) instance is made soloable;
2) instance length is decreased (1-2 hrs per instance is reasonable; 4 is not);
3) drop rate is increased;
4) guaranteed drops within x rounds;
5) quality of drops is increased to match the time commitment (sorry, 4 hrs of my time is worth more than one low-rank pet snack and mist wood)

please, kingsisle, have some mercy on your players. i'd love to make time for you, but real life will always take precedence.

-von

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I concur with this wholeheartedly.
People often jump the proverbial ship either early on or in the middle of long dungeons,and I get tired of running the gauntlet alone.