Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Spells do You Think Should be Buffed?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
For me, I think Wraith is one that should receive a buff. It costs two more pips than vampire and deals less damage per pip.

I think a fair buff would be to increase Wraith's damage from 500 to 530. That would increase its damage per pip from 83 and a third to 88 and a third.

Vampire deals 87.5 damage per pip and Dr. Von's Monster deals just over 91 damage per pip and generates a negative healing charm on its target.

What spells do you think should be buffed?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
fire dragon same damage but with a stun

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Three words: Call of Khrulhu.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Fire dragon doesn't need to be buffed

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lyeurokus on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Three words: Call of Khrulhu.
Why would they buff a spell they already weakened for being OP.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Either Humongofrog or Earthquake because Myth doesn't get any strong AOE until lvl 100 so the must rely on only those 2 when it comes to hitting all enemies.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
seethe42 on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
Why would they buff a spell they already weakened for being OP.
Because the nerf was a little too harsh, I think they should give it some sorta effect so that it can become more balanced with the other spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lyeurokus on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
Because the nerf was a little too harsh, I think they should give it some sorta effect so that it can become more balanced with the other spells.
I'm not saying it needs to be buffed, but what I WILL say is this: If they add effects, healing debuffs will make the spell worse for PvE. Death has plenty of this. Give death some USEFUL effects after spells for a change

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Lyeurokus on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
You mean the effect that already exists which brings in health?
I know right, the spell is so under powered.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Empower is mostly useless. It costs a pip to give three pips, but the pip it takes can be a power pip that makes it so you spend what amounts to two pips for three. It deals death damage to its caster, which is boosted by whatever gear the necromancer happens to have equipped. And, finally, you cannot cast it with death or spirit blades because it consumes them for extra damage to the caster.

I think Empower should cost no pips and convert a flat amount of 200 health into 1 power pip. This way, it promotes the theme of its school by being most useful for death spells and necromancers can cast it without killing themselves.

Sacrifice is a similar spell that could be changed. Rather than healing, it could deal 150 damage to its caster and swap four times that amount for health. This way, the spell can still be effective even with doom and gloom active, but wouldn't receive and healing buffs from equipment or sanctuary.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
The Spiral Twister on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
You mean the effect that already exists which brings in health?
I know right, the spell is so under powered.
If you are death then you know that after the second hit, you already have full health, after that you are pretty just getting in unnecessary health. so they should add another effect, the storm and myth spells are very good at the moment, death drains don't get full buff from colossal, so its pretty weak right now. maybe adding a 20- weaken plague would be nice.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
True enough about the drain and about Colossal not giving it a full buff. Since its damage was reduced significantly, I think it would be appropriate that the spell receive an additional effect.

The spell is among the scariest player-cast spells in the game in all honesty. How about it reduces the accuracy of enemies hit by 45% each. The logic being that they are frightened by the spell and cannot clearly focus because of it.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
Call of Khurulu does not need to be buffed. It is fine as it is. First of all it is an AOE so of course It would be less than a single hit attack. Second it gives have damage back as health. Please stop complaining about coming out of battle with full health and not to mention death's damage it gets from gear. You need to remember it almost had the same damage of glow bug when it was not nerfed. The game does not work that way. Death's damage has always been lower than the other schools due to the after effects such as drain and I am pretty sure they want to keep it that way. The spell is very powerful and best as it is.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I think Krampus should receive a buff. The damage done doesn't live up to the incredibly cool animation. And for the same number of pips you can launch a meteor and hit all enemies. Just seems a bit out of balance to me.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lyeurokus on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
If you are death then you know that after the second hit, you already have full health, after that you are pretty just getting in unnecessary health. so they should add another effect, the storm and myth spells are very good at the moment, death drains don't get full buff from colossal, so its pretty weak right now. maybe adding a 20- weaken plague would be nice.
So you think because it's already overpowered in it's healing effect that it should get MORE?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Angelis Ashrider on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Call of Khurulu does not need to be buffed. It is fine as it is. First of all it is an AOE so of course It would be less than a single hit attack. Second it gives have damage back as health. Please stop complaining about coming out of battle with full health and not to mention death's damage it gets from gear. You need to remember it almost had the same damage of glow bug when it was not nerfed. The game does not work that way. Death's damage has always been lower than the other schools due to the after effects such as drain and I am pretty sure they want to keep it that way. The spell is very powerful and best as it is.
I definitely think it needed a nerf when it came out, but the nerf was too much. All the other spells have much more damage when it comes to colossus ( almost everybody uses colossus ) I'm going to compare it with the other aoe spells.
Mystic colossus: 1155 damage PLUS removes all shields
Glow bug Squall: 1395 damage PLUS removes all positives charms
Call of Khrulhu: 1013 damage PLUS drains 50% of damage back as health

The Difference between Glow bug Squall and Call of Khrulhu: 382 damage difference
The Difference between Mystic colossus and Call of Khrulhu: 142 damage difference

(The other aoe spells have effect that are equal too drains in my opinion)
I think they should give death a 20- plague or weakness to all enemy to even it out. I hope that its not too much to ask for?