Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tyrannosaurus mount? I'm kind of upset.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
I'm not trying to cause trouble, or anything, but really I find this rather upsetting.

Only a few weeks ago, the Tyrannosaurus mount was being sold for 12500 crowns, and they said it was for that day only. Thinking that it would never come again, me and my mother both bought the mount.

It's a bit upsetting to see it on sale again today, for 9375 crowns, so soon after the first sale when it was advertized as being for sale "for that day only" Making us both think we would never have any other chance to buy it. If I had known, I would have waited.

I know I'm probably going to get a bunch of lectures on how I'm "lucky I got to buy it at all"... but really. It's not that I regret having it, I think it's awesome, and I still love this game. So this isn't a rage post. Just one that's kind of directed at the staff of the game asking them what they were thinking having the two sales jammed so close together. I don't think I would have minded as much if it went on sale for less several months down the road, then I wouldn't feel...well...cheated?

Hopefully the staff wont take this comment too negatively, really they do a beautiful job maintaining this game and keeping it friendly for players of all ages, and I do love seeing sales. I'm just bummed that I could have saved those extra crowns, and it makes me wary of making future large purchases.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SilverElite on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
I'm not trying to cause trouble, or anything, but really I find this rather upsetting.

Only a few weeks ago, the Tyrannosaurus mount was being sold for 12500 crowns, and they said it was for that day only. Thinking that it would never come again, me and my mother both bought the mount.

It's a bit upsetting to see it on sale again today, for 9375 crowns, so soon after the first sale when it was advertized as being for sale "for that day only" Making us both think we would never have any other chance to buy it. If I had known, I would have waited.

I know I'm probably going to get a bunch of lectures on how I'm "lucky I got to buy it at all"... but really. It's not that I regret having it, I think it's awesome, and I still love this game. So this isn't a rage post. Just one that's kind of directed at the staff of the game asking them what they were thinking having the two sales jammed so close together. I don't think I would have minded as much if it went on sale for less several months down the road, then I wouldn't feel...well...cheated?

Hopefully the staff wont take this comment too negatively, really they do a beautiful job maintaining this game and keeping it friendly for players of all ages, and I do love seeing sales. I'm just bummed that I could have saved those extra crowns, and it makes me wary of making future large purchases.
i know how you feel; the past 2 times i've bought crowns (i am no longer a member), they've gone on sale the following day. and, had i known. i likely would have held off as well.

again, not a rage post~ people (esp. ki mods) can probably tell when i'm making one of those, lol. i love the game (duh, or else i wouldn't still be here) and love a good deal now and then, but i understand why you'd feel cheated. because, to be quite honest, so did i.

-von
crowns player, forum troll, human being

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
Something similar happened to me, me and my brother needed our training points reset. So we did and its been a week ago, and today they a free for members, so only if they told us, I would of had a bunch of crowns instead of having none, thanks a lot

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Sadly it is just part of the economy on whole.
You buy a TV one day only to find had you waited a day, you could buy it 50% off.
I have done the same thing with Crowns, but it is life I guess
It would be cool to have a Wizard101 calendar each month telling us upcoming sales and the sort.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Mar 22, 2015 wrote:
Sadly it is just part of the economy on whole.
You buy a TV one day only to find had you waited a day, you could buy it 50% off.
I have done the same thing with Crowns, but it is life I guess
It would be cool to have a Wizard101 calendar each month telling us upcoming sales and the sort.
the calendar is an awesome idea; it would greatly help players who are students, retired, or otherwise on a budget.

tbh, i'm a little disappointed with the free point buyback as well. i was a member for almost 4 years, and i had to pay 80 bucks to buy my points back at level 80. i'm not poor by any stretch, but i'm not a millionaire either; with all the time and money i've put into this game over the years, it's hard not to feel slighted.

the tv example you gave is inaccurate though. if you buy it at full price, most stores will allow you to return it and resell it to you at the new price, issuing you a refund for the difference; ki doesn't do that, obv.

just my 2 cents, for what they are worth.

-von

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Alright, you got me there
But I honestly do relate to you