Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What should i buy? Please help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
So pretty soon i'm getting ten thousand crowns (the third deal) and i haven't decided what i am going to spend it on, i know i'll either buy two or one pack (if two, then spending 5k on each) for gear since i'm in Dragonspyre and i'm really struggling with it and i'm pretty tired of asking for helping every two quests. So i thought if i have decent damage and critical rate with some resistance with tcs i will not have to ask for help with defeating bosses so often.
So basically i want to know which pack is the best for gear that offers:
  • Decent damage
  • Somewhat decent resistance
  • Critical rating
PS: i want the gear to last for a while.
And (If possible) a pack for a good pet, like blue banshee, sprite or any pet with ''may cast'' healing spells. (Because i know that it will help me a lot in Celestia)
ALSO: should i buy a ice mastery amulet instead? (because in the future ice has much more powerful spells unlike life so i'll have a school for attacking while being defensive and life for healing) And buy back my training points instead of card packs (I know i'll have enough to buy back my training points either way)
i do know that you can get the mastery amulet while farming in waterworks, should i just wait for that instead? Opinions will be much appreciated

Autumn MythDreamer Level 44

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hipster2472 on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
So pretty soon i'm getting ten thousand crowns (the third deal) and i haven't decided what i am going to spend it on, i know i'll either buy two or one pack (if two, then spending 5k on each) for gear since i'm in Dragonspyre and i'm really struggling with it and i'm pretty tired of asking for helping every two quests. So i thought if i have decent damage and critical rate with some resistance with tcs i will not have to ask for help with defeating bosses so often.
So basically i want to know which pack is the best for gear that offers:
  • Decent damage
  • Somewhat decent resistance
  • Critical rating
PS: i want the gear to last for a while.
And (If possible) a pack for a good pet, like blue banshee, sprite or any pet with ''may cast'' healing spells. (Because i know that it will help me a lot in Celestia)
ALSO: should i buy a ice mastery amulet instead? (because in the future ice has much more powerful spells unlike life so i'll have a school for attacking while being defensive and life for healing) And buy back my training points instead of card packs (I know i'll have enough to buy back my training points either way)
i do know that you can get the mastery amulet while farming in waterworks, should i just wait for that instead? Opinions will be much appreciated

Autumn MythDreamer Level 44
i wouldn't waste the crowns on packs.

if decent gear is what you're looking for, take a gander at the equipment section in the crown shop. or, if you haven't bought the crowns yet, get the atlantean bundle~ you still get 5000 crowns, and the level 50 gear (which my myth wizard has equipped) is actually pretty good.

once you get past level 50, though, there is better gear in-game. if you want it to last, craft the level 56 gear in wintertusk. it's on par with waterworks (level 60 elite) gear, which will do you for another 40 levels.

unless you pvp, don't bother with mastery amulets. save your training points for the astral buffs that become available to you at level 50; they will enhance your existing spells. if you absolutely *must* take a secondary school, though, go with myth (since it will give you attack-all spells, which life is lacking in, and you can use your spirit blades for both).

you *can* get mastery amulets from waterworks. however, i have 4 wizards who have completed the instance multiple times (i have probably done1500-2000 runs total) and have gotten only one mastery amulet; don't hold your breath.

-von

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I can sympathize. When you're soloing the game and you haven't amassed a pretty solid gear/pet stockpile in your shared bank, that stretch between Level 40 and Level 52 can be immensely difficult.

For a Life, Level 44, I think you should consider buying a Heartsteel from the Crowns Shop (it's cheap and a good investment if you don't already have it). I would not recommend spending crowns beyond that unless you plan to stop leveling your character somewhere. The reason I suggest this is that Levels 50-69 tend to go by in a blink since the experience gains start to increase steeply in Celestia, Wintertusk, and Zafaria, so anything you buy will get old sort of fast.

If it were me, I'd just buy some Life-damage boosting gear from the Bazaar and stock up on Forest Lord, Forest Lord Cub, and Cleanse treasure cards. I'd save those crowns for developing a pet that has resistance, healing, and damage talents. I don't find critical rating to be a reliable stat before Level 90, when ratings increase drastically and you can start to count on your criticals "being there" when you need them.