Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i have a question on priritoy with shie;ds

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
say the boss is fire. you have a fire shield but then after that and before boss attacks life gives you absorb. what activates first absorb or the shield of fire

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mollyisthebest on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
say the boss is fire. you have a fire shield but then after that and before boss attacks life gives you absorb. what activates first absorb or the shield of fire
since spirit armour absorbs damage, it will be used before other shields (in my experience).

if you have spirit armour and a fire shield on, boss hits you with efreet, the spirit armour will absorb most of it (that's the whole point, is it not?) and the remaining damage, if any, will be at -80%.

-v.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
In my experience, some posts on the message boards will have incorrect information and/or opinions regarding the behavior of spells, so the most reliable source of information would be to test it yourself.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Shields, absorbs, and traps are used from the outside in, so reverse to the order they were cast. First on is last off.

The only exception would be drain spells, which ignore absorbs but are affected by shields.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Typically - last on, first off. I could be wrong but I believe it's the same with absorb. Your fire shield shouldn't be triggered until the absorb is used up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The above answers are partially correct. A single absorb will be used before any shields regardless when it was cast, then it's in order of last on, first off for the rest of shields.