Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New kind of Magic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Now that khrysalis is over, , and there are new worlds coming, should we add a new type of magic, add more to shadow, or keep it as is?

My opinion is that we should have light magic to coincide with shadow. The light pips would be on the right side, above regular pips, and they would be blinding balls of bright white light. The light magic can come from the sky, when, (and i'm kind of getting this from tangled) a drop of sunlight fell on the new world (whichever world it is) and bloomed into a new magic, that the old cob found and hid from the spiral. It would be the most powerful magic of all, piercing through all darkness. If you cast spell, just as you would get a shadow in shadow magic, you could get a beam of light on you, or stark white wings, as similar to backlash, when it cast, you would have a pierce on you for the rest of the battle.

Just a thought

What is your opinion? Keep it as is? Add more to shadow? Add a new magic all together? If so, what would it be?

Grace Emeraldshade, Archmage level 83, Balance

I

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
Since they started on shadow already they are keep supporting that idea
You won't see or hear about light spells in a long time
Next thing i'm guessing they might do is add
More shadow spells
Ways to get shadow pips easier
Ways to make USE of shadow spells
I love the idea of the new attacks
5 pips and 1 shadow pip
that was a good idea.
Now I expect something like 7 pips 1 shadow pip
or 3 pips 1 shadow pip of a SUPPORT spell.
The company has a lot of ideas but they need to work out as a team to choose which idea is better.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Although I love Shadow Magic, I think they should find a way to make Shadow creatures more useful. The only usage I found out of them was one time I was fighting a person in PVP, I was about to die, and completely forgetting about it, my shadow creature rose fourth, and delivered a devastating blow that ended the match, with a win for the records. But still, making them more useful could be a welcomed addition to the shadow formula. Perhaps School shadow spells?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I love the light ideal! But it should be one or the other. Either you're with the light or with the shadows. Good and evil kinda thing. They would counter each other in PVP. Although it might be too late for that concept since wizards had no choice to be evil already haha - oh well.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
DeliciousGloves on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Since they started on shadow already they are keep supporting that idea
You won't see or hear about light spells in a long time
Next thing i'm guessing they might do is add
More shadow spells
Ways to get shadow pips easier
Ways to make USE of shadow spells
I love the idea of the new attacks
5 pips and 1 shadow pip
that was a good idea.
Now I expect something like 7 pips 1 shadow pip
or 3 pips 1 shadow pip of a SUPPORT spell.
The company has a lot of ideas but they need to work out as a team to choose which idea is better.
We might also have a spell for maybe five to seven pips and two shadow pips.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Maybe Sound Magic. Okay, i know it "sounds" bad......that wasnt funny...that wasnt funny at all.
Anyway! Sound Magic would be used for attacking all enemies at once, or one enemy, as usual. But, each spell has a price as all of the spells are X pip cost. For instance, lets say you use a spell at full pips, and it attacks all enemies doing massive damage, and casts a smoke screen on all of the enemies. After that, you would be stunned and given a weakness that depending on how many pips you would have used, would weaken your spell even more. (-10% Damage per-pip) Or, maybe, a spell that would place a trap on all enemies along with smoke screen and weakness, but the cost? Maybe a chunk of you and your teammates health.

This magic would be risky to use because its consequences, but its damage would make it all worth the while in the end. Hopefully.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
For those that bother to pay attention to the history books that we're asked to find in most worlds you might remember that in Marleybone, legend has it that the world was struck by a Giant Bone floating through space... so I suggest ...

Bone Magic - a school which taps the magical properties of the Giant Bone. These powers allow you to summon canines for use in your battles.

Spells:
Boneheart - 2 pips + 1 Bone pip - Kilt wearing Scotty Terrier (with blue face paint) plays bagpipes and inflicts
450-600 damage.
Chi Wow Wow - 3 pips + 1 Bone pip - Sarape wearing yapping Chihuahua inflicts 500 damage + 400 DoT.
Saint Bonard - 3 pips + 1 Bone pip - St. Bernard (with brandy keg) heals party for 300 +600 HoT.
Pit Brawler - 4 pips + 1 Bone pip - English Bulldog (with spiked collar of course) inflicts 750 damage.

and the list could go on...

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Maybe Sound Magic. Okay, i know it "sounds" bad......that wasnt funny...that wasnt funny at all.
Anyway! Sound Magic would be used for attacking all enemies at once, or one enemy, as usual. But, each spell has a price as all of the spells are X pip cost. For instance, lets say you use a spell at full pips, and it attacks all enemies doing massive damage, and casts a smoke screen on all of the enemies. After that, you would be stunned and given a weakness that depending on how many pips you would have used, would weaken your spell even more. (-10% Damage per-pip) Or, maybe, a spell that would place a trap on all enemies along with smoke screen and weakness, but the cost? Maybe a chunk of you and your teammates health.

This magic would be risky to use because its consequences, but its damage would make it all worth the while in the end. Hopefully.
Great Idea! I see how some people would think that that is dumb, but I love the concept of doing more damage to the enemy, but also doing damage to your self.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
TucsonWizard on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
For those that bother to pay attention to the history books that we're asked to find in most worlds you might remember that in Marleybone, legend has it that the world was struck by a Giant Bone floating through space... so I suggest ...

Bone Magic - a school which taps the magical properties of the Giant Bone. These powers allow you to summon canines for use in your battles.

Spells:
Boneheart - 2 pips + 1 Bone pip - Kilt wearing Scotty Terrier (with blue face paint) plays bagpipes and inflicts
450-600 damage.
Chi Wow Wow - 3 pips + 1 Bone pip - Sarape wearing yapping Chihuahua inflicts 500 damage + 400 DoT.
Saint Bonard - 3 pips + 1 Bone pip - St. Bernard (with brandy keg) heals party for 300 +600 HoT.
Pit Brawler - 4 pips + 1 Bone pip - English Bulldog (with spiked collar of course) inflicts 750 damage.

and the list could go on...
I completely forgot about that! That is just great, and great concepts for spells!

Grace Emeraldshade, Archmage 83, Balance