Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Class To Play?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Hey my fellow wizards, I've currently taken a 2 year break from Wizard101. I'm currently getting back to and curious what class you guys like and why. I personally only have 1 maxed wizard and that would be a fire. My ideas are ice (which i already have at 52) or death or storm. I like the idea of death honestly. stealing life and doing damage. But to be honest i'm always that guy he plays a good character. I know it sounds silly but i truly hate thinking or being a evil character. (yes when i make a character i think of my lore and those others things.) To be honest, I want a class that is alright in groups but can still solo pretty well. Anyways if you guys could comment.(leave a decent description. don't just say storm because its *op* =D.) Thanks for reading guys and I hope to see you in the spiral!

(Also what do you guys think of balance and myth? I never see them in the spiral which is kinda odd.)

Administrator
Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
Death, they're alright in groups and can solo pretty well, also they provide a nice challenge with not getting an AoE spell until lvl 48.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I think the best option for you is storm! I'm currently questing with my storm wizard, almost level 48, and I absolutely love it! They have super strong hit, which makes it easy to solo because you can take out enemies quick. Now, you may think "I don't want to be storm because of their low accuracy and life" but that isn't exactly true. You get use to the lower accuracy but trust me, it gets better! My wizard right now has +20% accuracy making her base accuracy 90%! And her storm damage is +47%! And with the life being a problem, choose life school as a secondary and train up to satyr and, with life being secondary, in a group you can heal other players beside your self or help the group deal a bunch of damage if they're a weaker damage class.

Death is also a good option, but I definitely suggest storm.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
death school rocks! They are the ONLY school in the game, where you dont have to worry about your health. If you ONLY use spells that heal you, the only things that can kill you are:

1) Fizzle
2) Unblocked critical hit
3) Running out of cards
4) not paying attention

Death has to buff more than say Fire or Storm, but they can pack one heck of a punch. They can help out in groups greatly and can solo 98% of the game without issue

Defender
May 09, 2010
Nice to welcome you back. Naturally, as a Diviner I might suggest Storm..... but I'm not playing it that way my friend! You should try out Fire, Death, or maybe Life. we need more Theurgists! But hey, keep in mind that all the classes have their own identities, but it's most important to choose the one that most compliments your style of playing the game. Hope this helps, and I'll see you in the Spiral!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
This may seem odd, but how about myth ?
I barely see any myth wizards around so it could help the school become less of a myth themselves (Myth puns :P)

Life is also a good choice, but more of a school to play if you have friends around as their damage output is rather low, especially without any early aoe spells.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Death wizards aren't evil, just misunderstood.
Greyrose is indeed right :D

Fun fact: In my fanfiction my death wizard's story is that she is the daughter of a Bone Dragon and Malistaire. But she uses her death magic to try and stop her father from destroying the spiral. On a strange plot twist, my storm's fanfiction shows that she is the daughter of Zeus and Morganthe. With Morganthe as her mother you would expect she would be evil right? In a way she is neutral in the fact she loves destruction and holds dark magic inside of her (which explains why she learned death magic on the side) but she is still good and heroic in the end.

Death Wizards like Greyrose said are misunderstood, and not all dark magic is evil.