Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-23-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! It's Friday once again, and time for a new topic of discussion, so let's get to it.

This one, I'm going to use a question submitted by WolfStormCloud7, because I liked it a lot.

WolfStormCloud7 on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle :D i really think your next friday question should be related to community, what features could be made to make the community more united :D.

You see, am sure many people can agree, this game its at its most fun when you can play with your friends, or just meet new people, and make new friends!. But sometimes people like myself get lonely, because many people leave the game/take breaks from the game, and then were all alone :( and it can often be a struggle to find new ones, especially as your leveling up through the low levels :/.

So i hope you can ask the community for ideas to make the game more united, i really think that could be the next step to make this game even more amazing! :D.

So, WolfStormCloud7 and I ask you... what would you do to foster a sense of community in the Spiral?

Can't wait to see what everyone has to say! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! It's Friday once again, and time for a new topic of discussion, so let's get to it.

This one, I'm going to use a question submitted by WolfStormCloud7, because I liked it a lot.

WolfStormCloud7 on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle :D i really think your next friday question should be related to community, what features could be made to make the community more united :D.

You see, am sure many people can agree, this game its at its most fun when you can play with your friends, or just meet new people, and make new friends!. But sometimes people like myself get lonely, because many people leave the game/take breaks from the game, and then were all alone :( and it can often be a struggle to find new ones, especially as your leveling up through the low levels :/.

So i hope you can ask the community for ideas to make the game more united, i really think that could be the next step to make this game even more amazing! :D.

So, WolfStormCloud7 and I ask you... what would you do to foster a sense of community in the Spiral?

Can't wait to see what everyone has to say! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Do your best to REMOVE elitism. Some things deserve to be made for certain parts of the game, I won't argue that, but other things dont need to be.

Find a better way to remove the text abusers

Find a better way to balance the hard core and casual players

While these are SIMPLE to mention, I understand they are hard to implement

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
One of my best long term wizzy friends happens to share my last "wizard name". Although we quested together because we were at the same level, he might not have added me or even noticed I was there if it hadn't been for the name.

Maybe this could be the basis for an icebreaker thing. Every so often, people who share your wizard names would appear highlighted in gold or green or something.

Another idea would be a treasure hunt. Instead of regular easter egg hunt which is mostly a race to see who spots the treasure first, it would be a quest you do over the course of a few days to a week with up to 7 other wizards. They would be added to a temporary group that stayed grouped until either the quest was completed, or three or more people elected to leave the group forcibly in which the group would dissolve.

We only see max 3 other wizards stats and school and whatnot at any given time, when we fight in a battle. By expanding that to 8, and having the quest take place over several informal meetings, you make more friends and get to know them better.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Hi Professor! I was thinking we could have another button like "Team Up!" Except this button could tell what wizards in a specified area (for example Stormriven or Triton Avenue) has the same quest as you. "Team Up!" may able to do that too but it is only for dungeons. This way, all the wizards can work together and help get quests done faster!

Thanks,

Timothy IceSinger

Promethean Level 92

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Providing a sense of community won't happen just by implementing one clever idea, but here's what I suggest.

Survivor
May 23, 2014
I believe to truly give players a better taste of the game before paying, the first world of Wizard City should be free instead of half

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Timothy Lifesinger on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Hi Professor! I was thinking we could have another button like "Team Up!" Except this button could tell what wizards in a specified area (for example Stormriven or Triton Avenue) has the same quest as you. "Team Up!" may able to do that too but it is only for dungeons. This way, all the wizards can work together and help get quests done faster!

Thanks,

Timothy IceSinger

Promethean Level 92
That is a very, VERY good idea. It is my favorite. This would be extremely useful, as I have just gotten to level 40. It is at level 40 that many very difficult levels are revealed - Nidavellir and Barkingham Palace. These are the first realms that are essentially impossible to beat with a level 40-ish wizard alone. They *require* cooperation, and it would be so much easier to get cooperation if we knew who (a) is online in any realm, (b) has the quest, (c) is in the world in question, and (d) has set a permissions flag to let others know about the status of open quests to those who have the same open quests.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Maybe something for when you report someone. If you report someone and they get punished, you get a message when you log on and it says something like "Great job! You have done great at keeping our community child friendly!" and you get a small gift like gold. I think this would be a good addition for kids as to encourage them to report people if they see them doing bad things.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
MadJamesK on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
I believe to truly give players a better taste of the game before paying, the first world of Wizard City should be free instead of half
I'm going to agree with MadJamesK. We need to be able to let people know what's out there before we go. Maybe even give them a trial in Krokotopia? The spells start to get really cool after Wizard City.

Timothy IceSinger Level 92

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The events have been good for getting players together, especially the BOXES. Public bosses are fun too, like the Kraken in WC, the pylon bosses in CL, and DS plaza of conquests. Hardly anyone farms those now though. Maybe add a new open boss like that, or give the old ones some special drops from time to time.

Improving menu chat would help too. Poor menu players are really left out of the loop.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
Hello there. My idea is a café in every land. People who need help can go there and people that are willing to help could go there. Sometimes I am farming in a land for treasure cards or reagents. It would be fun to be able to help others in that land while I am farming. I like the idea of tweaking the "team up" button also. Team up works great for water works, but not for Helephant dungeon. Thanks

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Honestly, I would think that we would talk to a few more of KI developers, besides the ones that do & we talk to, that is to say, give out comments, feedback, suggestions, you know, especially the 3D character model animators, which I would like to do, but, I would think a little more unity & chatting between the players & KI developers would make the community a little more interesting.

Administrator
Folks, these are GREAT ideas. I've grabbed a list and have sent this to the other Professors. Thanks for your thoughts!

A new Feedback Friday shall be summoned shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea