Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening Rewards for Members!

AuthorMessage
Administrator

Now through Sunday, January 25th, Wizard101 members will get double the gardening rewards when harvesting plants!

Want to take advantage of this bonus crop yield? Upgrade today and reap the benefits in your garden!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Administrator
danielsfl on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
are the seeds doubled too?
Yes.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
then there appears to be an issue.
I just elder harvested 25 couch potato plants, and got 25 seeds back.
A thought though. if they were already at elder before this new reward went into effect this morning, would that be the cause?
I ask because they were at elder and ready for harvest in the middle of the night.

Administrator
then there appears to be an issue.
I just elder harvested 25 couch potato plants, and got 25 seeds back.
A thought though. if they were already at elder before this new reward went into effect this morning, would that be the cause?
I ask because they were at elder and ready for harvest in the middle of the night.
Hello,

Make sure that you double check your bank and shared bank in case your backpack was full.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
checked pack and bank. I did not get the double rewards. received 8 cantaloupe ,10 fancy yogurts, and 7 golden wheat bread. along with 25 seeds, which I promptly replanted.
so I have 25 baby seeds in the garden, none in my backpack, bank shared bank, nothing.
I also checked the number of items in my back pack a moment ago. 34/150.
I haven't removed any items yet today, except for the seeds I replanted. that would have put me at
59/150 with the seeds in my backpack, so far from overloading my pack.

Let me state again. these plants were already at elder and awaiting harvest sometime during the night.
I restate that as a possible cause for not getting the double rewards.

for certain though, the rewards were not doubled

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
checked pack and bank. I did not get the double rewards. received 8 cantaloupe ,10 fancy yogurts, and 7 golden wheat bread. along with 25 seeds, which I promptly replanted.
so I have 25 baby seeds in the garden, none in my backpack, bank shared bank, nothing.
I also checked the number of items in my back pack a moment ago. 34/150.
I haven't removed any items yet today, except for the seeds I replanted. that would have put me at
59/150 with the seeds in my backpack, so far from overloading my pack.

Let me state again. these plants were already at elder and awaiting harvest sometime during the night.
I restate that as a possible cause for not getting the double rewards.

for certain though, the rewards were not doubled
I harvested my 16 Evil magma peas which have been elder for a month or 2 now. They doubled in seeds and rewards. Unsure why you didnt get it doubled..

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for the post Maycast. I scrolled back through my chat box, where it shows what you receive when you harvest a plant. near the end of my harvesting, I saw the notice that the double rewards program was active, so maybe I harvested moments BEFORE the program started.
I also checked WHAT I received in the chat box. nothing was doubled.

Glad to hear it is working for others though. That was my main concern, as I feel that I have plenty of plants already, but wanted to share what had happened with my harvest this morning.

Thanks again

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Everything worked fine on all 6 Wizards, thanks for the unexpected bonus KI, very cool!

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
So i have 28 EMP right now almost elder with full 6th likes.

does this mean i will have 56 emp after i harvest????
and does this also mean they won't prolly be elder again by sunday?

and also the mega snack i get will also be double o; ????

if yes then omg thanks so much :D :D i hope i don't have any problem like the other players.

i'll report it back here if i do, thanks for reading plz answer :D

down below

Survivor
Jan 07, 2014
Professor I have to say at first glance this reward event excited me beyond words. As a wizard who is always hatching pets to create the perfect one the excitement of reaping extra mega snacks and seeds, which will in turn produce more mega snacks, was off the chart. However 24 hours later I have to say that my excitement has fizzled. Why you ask? Well because while it is obvious to all that we do in fact get doubles on everything its the not so obvious fact that somehow plants that produced a harvest every 8 hours before this event and would be elder at 36 hrs have been slowed down.

Yesterday when I logged on at 2 p.m. est, I was able to harvest all my Evil Magma peas. One pea was an elder harvest. I immediately replanted that pea and went on to play.Periodically throughout the 12 full hours that I was logged on I went back to my house. Each time I would check the progress to young bar and it was creeping up. At 1:30 a.m. I went back to check them again before I logged off and they had progressed and we on the way to mature. No issue right? Wrong! While that pea seemed to progress at a "normal" speed the peas that I harvested at 2 p.m. we not ready for harvest when I logged off 12 hrs later. I have all their likes except pixie and they are on R.B.F. Before this event I was able to harvest them every 8 hours. Now during this event they were not ready after 12 hours.
Logged on this a.m. and harvested them and sure enough the timer on them reads they will be ready 10.4.
So I would really like to know why plants that were ready to harvest every 8 hours prior to this event will not be ready to harvest for 10 hours? Because the speed on plants has been slowed to limit the amount of bonuses we reap. Very sneaky. It's similar to stores price shifting in order to make the consumer think they are getting something special!
Lucy you got some splaining to do!

Administrator
GraceSpiritBlood69 on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Professor I have to say at first glance this reward event excited me beyond words. As a wizard who is always hatching pets to create the perfect one the excitement of reaping extra mega snacks and seeds, which will in turn produce more mega snacks, was off the chart. However 24 hours later I have to say that my excitement has fizzled. Why you ask? Well because while it is obvious to all that we do in fact get doubles on everything its the not so obvious fact that somehow plants that produced a harvest every 8 hours before this event and would be elder at 36 hrs have been slowed down.

Yesterday when I logged on at 2 p.m. est, I was able to harvest all my Evil Magma peas. One pea was an elder harvest. I immediately replanted that pea and went on to play.Periodically throughout the 12 full hours that I was logged on I went back to my house. Each time I would check the progress to young bar and it was creeping up. At 1:30 a.m. I went back to check them again before I logged off and they had progressed and we on the way to mature. No issue right? Wrong! While that pea seemed to progress at a "normal" speed the peas that I harvested at 2 p.m. we not ready for harvest when I logged off 12 hrs later. I have all their likes except pixie and they are on R.B.F. Before this event I was able to harvest them every 8 hours. Now during this event they were not ready after 12 hours.
Logged on this a.m. and harvested them and sure enough the timer on them reads they will be ready 10.4.
So I would really like to know why plants that were ready to harvest every 8 hours prior to this event will not be ready to harvest for 10 hours? Because the speed on plants has been slowed to limit the amount of bonuses we reap. Very sneaky. It's similar to stores price shifting in order to make the consumer think they are getting something special!
Lucy you got some splaining to do!
Hello,

I'm sorry for the confusion, but nothing has changed about growing rates. Have you given your plants all of the things that they like?

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I received double seeds at harvest from Couch Potatoes, Angel Oaks, Evil Magma Peas, Boiled Peanuts, Clock Flower , Honey Bee Plant, King Parsley, several colours of Huckleberries. I honestly haven't kept track of times, Treasure Cards, Reagents or Pet Snacks but I seem to see a lot more than I had. It's working great for me, sorry others don't feel that way. Thanks again KI!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
This is super! Thanks very much! It's wonderful to get so much loot :)

There is a little problem with plants recognizing likes, but that has nothing to do with the double rewards. It started back in December. Make sure you have your like items placed and pixies before you plant anything and you should be ok.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thanks for the gardening bonus. It keeps things interesting. I planted everything. My only problem is now explosive gnats and no level 4 bug spell. I am not up to mooShu to obtain it. It would be helpful to have treasure cards for gardening in the Bazaar, library or Zane. Thanks.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
If you don't have the "likes" in place before you plant the seed, the plant won't benefit from it? (Gemma Luna)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I have a question about the double gardening xp will i still get it even if they are not harvest until Tomorrow morning will i still get the double effect because they have been growing since thursday, so what i am basically asking will i get the double tomorrow when i harvest or no?

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Can some one tell me the exact time (Hour and Minute) of the ending of this event.

because my peas are like 90% to elder and i really want them to get to elder in time.
and i really want to harvest them before the event ends. so please some one tell me.
I'll stay till Mornings if i have to.

Administrator