Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea For More Rings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2014
I was playing Wizard101 on and off today, and I realized something: As I was going through my backpack and crafting new items -a ring in particular- I got to thinking, "Wouldn't it be great if our characters could wear more than one ring to help increase our health and mana even further (or just to wear different rings that have different uses)? Maybe we could have up to seven rings as our characters continue to level up; in the magical world/community, seven is a magic number and that's why it came to mind.

Here's an idea of what it would look like:

Ring Levels:
From the time our characters first begin, to the time they reach level 9, they are allowed to wear 1 ring.
At level 10, they could wear up to 2 rings.
At level 20, they could wear up to 3 rings.
At level 25, they could wear up to 4 rings.
At level 30, they could wear up to 5 rings.
At level 35, they could wear up to 6 rings.
At level 40, they could wear up to 7 rings.

Alura Mooncaster

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
If my lvl100 Balance could wear 7 rings, he'd be Immune to each school excepting ice, which would only be 93% resist...

I see this as a big mistake.

Possibly two rings, one for each hand, but not 7...

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I don't think you should be able to wear any more than maybe two rings at most, if even that. Also, seven rings at level 40? That's completely overpowered. More like two rings at level 100. Would be much more balanced.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I agree, 2 rings would be great. Anything over that is way too much.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
More then two ring is over the top. However another gear piece I wouldn't be against. Maybe some gloves / gauntlets?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That could get very OP very fast. More than 2 would be insane. We've just started getting meaningful stats on decks and amulets. Even one additional ring would be massive.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
seven rings could be fine, if five or six of them were like level 5 rank rings just for a tiny little boost

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mr Talon on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
More then two ring is over the top. However another gear piece I wouldn't be against. Maybe some gloves / gauntlets?
yeah, that's what i'd rather see instead of another ring

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
JohnLionRider999 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
seven rings could be fine, if five or six of them were like level 5 rank rings just for a tiny little boost
What would they do, limit the 6 ring slots so you couldn't use a high level ring??
Why not just a second ring slot with whatever ring you want, just not a duplicate to what you're wearing now??

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Sarg042 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
What would they do, limit the 6 ring slots so you couldn't use a high level ring??
Why not just a second ring slot with whatever ring you want, just not a duplicate to what you're wearing now??
I agree with Sarg.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Think that would be too much. Although more useful school oriented things on deck would be interesting like heal in and out on Life deck for example.

Valkoor Hexweilder
lvl 100 Balance