Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
kylesar1 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
So much wrong and withheld information, plus that scenario is so highly unlikely

Storm elf does the same damage as the old elf, which is 70+210. That pretty much throws off every math calculation you just did. It can't be enchanted either since a mutate is an enchant.

Most schools have very high block to counter the very high rate, so that makes relying on a crit even more unreliable than it already is. Having your argument depend on crit amplifies my point.

That gear and scenario you mentioned only applies to lvl 100, which makes your argument wholly unreliable and weak. There are literally 99 more levels.

Also, you failed to mention the chances of Elf actually doing all that damage, which is slim to none.

.On top of that, there's the healing side of things, where a Fairy can do 1,000+ before a crit, making an assault with a DoT that much more unreliable. Why wait on that damage when you can bats once those shields clear off and deal more than the DoT per turn

The chances of a Storm spamming that spell is highly unlikely, when you have Sharks that'll do more immediately. DoT spells aren't that used in the high levels due to the massive heals

Then there's blades, which Storms don't tend to run since the shields make blades useless. plus the best wands for the school run school wand hits, which means that blades are even more useless

"I would be happy that your wizards can take off all the enemies blades, takes away negative blades, and able to heal your selves without the use of a Amulet. Ice can't heal themselves naturally, such. but you are able to. "

This isn't the questing world. This is the PvP world. 3 pips (2 pip places) for a 1/3 chance of healing no more than a Fairy isn't worth the usage. With the Life amulet, you get a guaranteed 400 base heal, more than doubled with a Satyr. I'm happy for Storm's perks, but if those perks are still swayed by the extreme disadvantages (Low health and accuracy) then what is there to be happy about.

There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords across the boards. Is it such a coincidence that removing Storm Elf contributed highly to that stat. Every school has access to 100+ damage, 400+ crit and 300+ block, which renders Storm's biggest advantages (Insane damage and crit) obsolete

Removing something: Both cleanse and Disarm are TC, and their low pip cost makes any school capable of using it. Storm has enfeeble, but that's not coming until 75. There are 74 level below it. Storm's heal is around that level too. Storm has absolutely nothing before that level

With Ice running immunity, all they need is a Life amulet. They don't have to have a natural heal when they're immune to their opponent. Plus that insane health gives Ice the ability to tank all that damage, dish out high damage, and heal when their life is around the 3,000 mark.
You forgot we can do the stayer goat dude spell. And without income or outcome, it's 800 . Fairy for non life is 400 , for life wizards it is 420 . You also forgot bartalby. Forgot how much healt but u + team gets a Spirit shield. That absorbs 400 damage.

Maria

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Thunder Snakes doing 2,000 damage is highly unlikely. They'll need complete pierce, 100+ damage, plus a crit to do so, and that's still not that likely

Elf assaults with Storm simply isn't possible when it's not damage enchantable.
"Damage is Damage"
Ok? Heals are heals. pets are pets. Elf assaults don't do enough damage, even with shrike and a crit, to be a reliable strat. There are so many ways to counter it. Why do you think DoT strats are obsolete at the top level? Instant damage does it better. It doesn't give the opponent time to heal it off.

What other schools have healing spells?
There's Balance with Avail, and Fire with Power Link. A Fire crit build would get decent amount of healing via Power Link. It was a prevalent strategy for a time.
Even so, though, Healing Current is a 3-pip chance at healing no more than a Fairy. In the PvP realm, you need cheap heals ASAP to survive. Life Mastery is the most common amulet. Would you rather spend 4 pips on a chance to heal for a 1,000+ at the risk of healing 100-200, or a guaranteed 500+ from a Fairy, and 1,000+ from a Satyr? In the PvP realm, such risks aren't worth it if you can play it safe and get the same results

"Storm's Accuracy is not that bad"
That's how I can tell you've never played storm. 70% accuracy is crazy low, considering most other schools have at least 80%. Only with Darkmoor gear or lvl 50 Warlord gear + Flashing Blade Staff will Storm Accuracy get to 100%. Like I said, there's a reason why Storm is a dead school under lvl 60. That accuracy without even decent health to be able to shell a hit after fizzling says it all

Even with a Crit and 100+ damage plus shrike, that's about 800 damage over time or 200+ per turn. In the realm of 5,000+ health for every school not named Storm, that won't cut it at all

"Storm already has a lot of advantages"
Give me a few. There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords in the game, and is practically a dead school under lvl 60. Even with warlord gear, they still have that insanely low life, and their accuracy still isn't perfect like it is for every other school. It doesn't even hit 90% unless you have the Flashing Blade Staff, which is impossible to get under Lvl 50. On top of that, you have to get to warlord to get it, but with those extreme disadvantages, getting to warlord is possible, but it's a dead school for a reason
When you first start playing, you get the lowest card from ur school. Storm snakes go into the hundreds! All the other schools go into the 80-90s. It's not fair.

Life wiz

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
kylesar1 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Supercharge is the biggest joke of a tool in Storm's arsenal. A blade that runs off of pips, which Temp uses in damage calculation. You're far better off with a blade and an enchanted hit next round

Healing current is 3-pips for a 1/3 chance at more than a Satyr. You're better off using Satyr, which is guaranteed

Destroying blades is a Storm thing. Destroying SHIELDS is a Myth thing. Sirens, Levy, Enfeeble. and Disarm, as opposed to Myth's Mino, Orthrus, Pierce, and Shatter, as well as the new Mystic Colossus. Yea, Earthquake breaks blades, but it still breaks all shields

ANY wizards can destroy everyone within 3 rounds if they're set-up right. I've literally seen cases of a OHKO hit all from literally every school withing 3 rounds

Why would Storm need 90% accuracy? The same as why any school would want high accuracy: To avoid fizzling. Why would you want to stay at a measly 70% accuracy when you could get gear that takes it up to 90%+

I can tell you're not a Storm Wizard. Your arguments are made on complete ignorance of Storm's problems.
So ur saying a lvl 3 with like no experience could defeat U?!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Talon Spiritbreake... on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
OK GUYS

I have been reading up on everything you guys have said and i think i'll have to agree kylestar1. I am a storm wizard who has been through the pain of being defeated numerous times, even though i have over 220 critical. Storm is very disadvantaged when it comes to 1v1. Now, if any of you say that ' storm has powerful attacks' and "oh but they have soo much critical" then you need to listen to this.

I was in a 1v1 match with a balance wizard as my opposition. The first round i decide to hit him with a storm shark, brilliant it does 856 damage, despite the fact he had warlord resist. Now he just begins to spam shields. Now, what can i do here?! i'm stuck!! which is exactly why i lost yet another ranked 1v1. Seriously, all people have to do is put up more than 2 shields against storm and they have the game in their hands. Now lets think if i had a dot how things would have been different..

I cast storm elf onto the balance wizard. He shields, but because of the storm elf he can't spam. I cast infallible. He can't shield spam, but he summons the minion. I then lord, now knowing he has no shields. I manage to land a critical and land it without a block, taking out 3145 damage and removing his minion. Now he is stunned and i have one power pip left, so i enchant a wild bolt and take him out winning me the match. Now, if your wondering how i made up this story, well here is some info for you. I had a treasure card version of elf which was so hard to obtain.

So, if you think adding one small dot for a school already disadvantaged in pvp is unfair, then you need to get a hold of your self. There are ice and life wins running around with over 5k health. So adding one small, tiny dot for a school who has useless minions, low health and is not even the tiniest bit alive below level 60 in pvp would be greatly appreciated for storm wizards. So balance lord i don't see how spamming wild bolt would have helped me in that 1v1 match. In fact, i would have lost that match.
Life has useless minions! Our fairys have the least amount of health! Not fair.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Shadow 343 on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill. A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more. There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS.

"Storm elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less damage than fire elf." I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?

I beat a lvl 100 once. He didn't attack he just defended. Btw it was a 1v1. I am a lvl 33.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2015
Thunder Snakes doing 2,000 damage is highly unlikely. They'll need complete pierce, 100+ damage, plus a crit to do so, and that's still not that likely

Elf assaults with Storm simply isn't possible when it's not damage enchantable.
"Damage is Damage"
Ok? Heals are heals. pets are pets. Elf assaults don't do enough damage, even with shrike and a crit, to be a reliable strat. There are so many ways to counter it. Why do you think DoT strats are obsolete at the top level? Instant damage does it better. It doesn't give the opponent time to heal it off.

What other schools have healing spells?
There's Balance with Avail, and Fire with Power Link. A Fire crit build would get decent amount of healing via Power Link. It was a prevalent strategy for a time.
Even so, though, Healing Current is a 3-pip chance at healing no more than a Fairy. In the PvP realm, you need cheap heals ASAP to survive. Life Mastery is the most common amulet. Would you rather spend 4 pips on a chance to heal for a 1,000+ at the risk of healing 100-200, or a guaranteed 500+ from a Fairy, and 1,000+ from a Satyr? In the PvP realm, such risks aren't worth it if you can play it safe and get the same results

"Storm's Accuracy is not that bad"
That's how I can tell you've never played storm. 70% accuracy is crazy low, considering most other schools have at least 80%. Only with Darkmoor gear or lvl 50 Warlord gear + Flashing Blade Staff will Storm Accuracy get to 100%. Like I said, there's a reason why Storm is a dead school under lvl 60. That accuracy without even decent health to be able to shell a hit after fizzling says it all

Even with a Crit and 100+ damage plus shrike, that's about 800 damage over time or 200+ per turn. In the realm of 5,000+ health for every school not named Storm, that won't cut it at all

"Storm already has a lot of advantages"
Give me a few. There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords in the game, and is practically a dead school under lvl 60. Even with warlord gear, they still have that insanely low life, and their accuracy still isn't perfect like it is for every other school. It doesn't even hit 90% unless you have the Flashing Blade Staff, which is impossible to get under Lvl 50. On top of that, you have to get to warlord to get it, but with those extreme disadvantages, getting to warlord is possible, but it's a dead school for a reason
Would anybody like to hatch with my starfish? I'm looking for may cast healing spells

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
You all missed the point of having storm elf, from what I read, I didn't read all 255 posts in this thread. However, it's not about damage with storm elf it's all about the DoT. It hinders, or in some cases even stops your opponent from shielding, and all it costs is two pips. Cheap enough to unleash a flurry of attacks following the elf. The damage of the elf though is irrelevant and no one cares about that. The DoT is what matters.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
iamsabian on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
Would anybody like to hatch with my starfish? I'm looking for may cast healing spells
Sure I have a toadle with may cast fairy and may cast unicorn

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Once again there is a storm elf pet that gives the storm elf card. IT IS IN THE GAME!!! You can train it to be better which is what people already do so that can't be used as a counter argument as to why not

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
LiquidTrtle on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Once again there is a storm elf pet that gives the storm elf card. IT IS IN THE GAME!!! You can train it to be better which is what people already do so that can't be used as a counter argument as to why not
The storm elf pet offers only one card. Should ice bird tc be as rare as storm elf tc because there is an ice bird pet that offers said card?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
lewski on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
But then you'll be sacrificing quite a lot of stats for just one Storm Elf card. It's really not worth it at any level that's not considered low.
I agree totally
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I would hate to see a learnable storm elf because storm already has enough cards to spam to get off shields such as wild bolt, and bats.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
AngelBlade69 on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
I would hate to see a learnable storm elf because storm already has enough cards to spam to get off shields such as wild bolt, and bats.
Storm is low tier in Ranked 1v1 and has no tempo efficient ways to remove shields.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Storm can bolt spam through and storm shields. I would recommend a combo nation of infallible (pierce gems if a higher level) and even some storm prisms (storm prisms can take them off guard) there are plenty of ways to flush out your opponents shields.

Natalie SummerHeart lvl 110
Natalie PixieGarden lvl 110
Natalie RainbowRiver lvl 100
Natalie StormHaven lvl 68

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Natalie RainbowRiv... on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Storm can bolt spam through and storm shields. I would recommend a combo nation of infallible (pierce gems if a higher level) and even some storm prisms (storm prisms can take them off guard) there are plenty of ways to flush out your opponents shields.

Natalie SummerHeart lvl 110
Natalie PixieGarden lvl 110
Natalie RainbowRiver lvl 100
Natalie StormHaven lvl 68
Bolt spam is tempo inefficient and converts are near useless this meta; especially so from second.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
kswgdog112 on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
I would like to point out that everyone is forgetting the glorious balance school.

We have no dot spell, so hey, storm, you aren't the only ones. Plus we have no converts.

Also, someone mentioned that there were only life, death, and storm healing spells... um no, there is also balance.

But to balance (haha) all of our negative points, we have a ton of cool spells that don't just do flat balance damage.

Storm, you guys have the biggest punch of all the schools, giving you a dot spell would be unfair because you can't have everything in one school.

As much as everyone wishes they could have every good attribute from every school, it isn't conceivable, because the game would be too easy.

Kelsey Sunpetal
Level 86
( speaking max lvl pvp here) Well if balance needs dot then pick up some steel giants even if they're rare. tho balance doesn't need a dot in this meta cause.. Lore lore lore mana burn mana burn mana burn GAZE GAZE GAZE and lore lore lore and whats another spell that made Balance top tier and didn't need a dot cause they don't need one.. right Gaze of fate. I honestly don't see why balance should get a dot when defending against balance is hard enough, when it comes to spam Balance is second best at it after storm ( at least i'm pretty sure) so yea.. and most balance have 42 pierce and after hit with gaze and the damage bubble staying up, even if you tower lore still doing damage. and Balance doesn't need prism towers is the only def against balance plus what use would prism do for balance even though they don't need it ( unless maybe PVE) Sorry off topic .