Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:
How will it not be a negative impact? Say you have two knights(Yes, I love medieval analogies :P) One knight had a shield and mace. The other has a shield and sword. The first knight, though, wants a sword AS WELL as the mace he already posesses. He takes the other knight's sword. Now, the lord of the land deploys them both into battle . . . What's going to happen to the first knight? How about the second? Answer: First knight does great; second knight dies 'cause he doesnt have a sword.

Now, with Storm's DoT: If Storm is given a DoT--or sword--alongside its mace, and then it goes into PvP . . . What's gonna happen to the knight who only has one weapon? get my point? If Storm gets a DoT, then give the other schools something to defend themselves with! Or, take away something Storm already has. You cannot have cause without effect--we've established that to be true, no? This trend insists that that effect will be positive and so i ask: Unto whom? Who will the effect be positive for?

Answer: Storm alone.

~StephanieWildhunter~
The other schools already gained something storm alone used to have: large damage spikes with high dpp (in the shadow enhanced spells) The other schools also have something Storm will never have: a high health buffer. Storm at lvl 110 with full jewels barely reaches 4500 health. Other schools are sitting at least 6000 health with ice between 7500 and 8000. This advantage cannot be overstated. Lets say an ice deals 2000 damage to a storm while said storm deals 3500 damage. Who is at an advantage? Ice. The storm after a 2000 damage attack is left at 2500 health while the ice after a 3500 attack(an attack that dealt 75% more damage)is sitting comfortable at 4000+ health.

Now let's look at the tier list where ice is now once again top tier. Did this change have a large negative effect on the other schools? No. Storm and Myth remain low tier, death remains mid tier and fire, life and balance are still top tier. Similarly giving Storm a DoT will accomplish the same thing. It will elevate the school to mid tier with very limited effect on the other schools.

As for it only being a positive for storm that is a given. Just like how myth gaining a heal would only benefit myth. Does that mean myth shouldn't get one? Of course not.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
The other schools already gained something storm alone used to have: large damage spikes with high dpp (in the shadow enhanced spells) The other schools also have something Storm will never have: a high health buffer. Storm at lvl 110 with full jewels barely reaches 4500 health. Other schools are sitting at least 6000 health with ice between 7500 and 8000. This advantage cannot be overstated. Lets say an ice deals 2000 damage to a storm while said storm deals 3500 damage. Who is at an advantage? Ice. The storm after a 2000 damage attack is left at 2500 health while the ice after a 3500 attack(an attack that dealt 75% more damage)is sitting comfortable at 4000+ health.

Now let's look at the tier list where ice is now once again top tier. Did this change have a large negative effect on the other schools? No. Storm and Myth remain low tier, death remains mid tier and fire, life and balance are still top tier. Similarly giving Storm a DoT will accomplish the same thing. It will elevate the school to mid tier with very limited effect on the other schools.

As for it only being a positive for storm that is a given. Just like how myth gaining a heal would only benefit myth. Does that mean myth shouldn't get one? Of course not.
Considering the health issue . . . Any Ice in their right mind would not go around with more than 7500 hp if they are trying to keep their stats balanced. My friend is Ice and he's got some darn good stats. He--with full health jewels--only has 7300. For an ice to wonder the spiral with more than 7500, their other stats would decrease tremendously. Mind you, it is possible, but very rare. Especially 8000!

As for the "Ice didnt negatively effect when it became top" . . . Apples and oranges! You are comparing black and white. Apples and oranges. Right and left. Whatever you call it, it is what yer doing. Ice= defense. Storm=offense. CAUSE AND EFFECT.

Say I decide to combine blue paint with red. What do I get? Purple! Okay, so now I am going to compine blue paint with yellow . . . And I get? Green! Get my point? You have one color that is being divided among both schools, but they are different schools. You are going to get different results.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
Considering the health issue . . . Any Ice in their right mind would not go around with more than 7500 hp if they are trying to keep their stats balanced. My friend is Ice and he's got some darn good stats. He--with full health jewels--only has 7300. For an ice to wonder the spiral with more than 7500, their other stats would decrease tremendously. Mind you, it is possible, but very rare. Especially 8000!

As for the "Ice didnt negatively effect when it became top" . . . Apples and oranges! You are comparing black and white. Apples and oranges. Right and left. Whatever you call it, it is what yer doing. Ice= defense. Storm=offense. CAUSE AND EFFECT.

Say I decide to combine blue paint with red. What do I get? Purple! Okay, so now I am going to compine blue paint with yellow . . . And I get? Green! Get my point? You have one color that is being divided among both schools, but they are different schools. You are going to get different results.
Ice can and does reach 7500 health with the best all around stats in the game. Even presuming the ice can only achieve 7300 health with balanced stats my point still stands. Ice and the other schools have something storm will never have- a high health buffer.

As for ice not having a large negative effect on the other schools when it became top tier but storm supposedly will when it becomes mid tier. Your statement demonstrates clear bias. It is OK for ice to become top tier but not OK for storm to get the tools needed to become mid tier? How in the world does that make sense?

As for your color analogy, I'm not asking for the same things that made ice top tier to be added to storm. What I am asking for is a clerical low pip mutate dot or a mid to high pip learned dot. I'm not asking for Ice's high health buffer or shield based offensive defensive utility. Thus your analogy does not fit.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:

P.S- Merry Christmas. Im on vacation so I haven't been in game recently.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
Ice can and does reach 7500 health with the best all around stats in the game. Even presuming the ice can only achieve 7300 health with balanced stats my point still stands. Ice and the other schools have something storm will never have- a high health buffer.

As for ice not having a large negative effect on the other schools when it became top tier but storm supposedly will when it becomes mid tier. Your statement demonstrates clear bias. It is OK for ice to become top tier but not OK for storm to get the tools needed to become mid tier? How in the world does that make sense?

As for your color analogy, I'm not asking for the same things that made ice top tier to be added to storm. What I am asking for is a clerical low pip mutate dot or a mid to high pip learned dot. I'm not asking for Ice's high health buffer or shield based offensive defensive utility. Thus your analogy does not fit.
Storm's health is there for a reason. This game needs to stick with a certain number of apples for each school--another analogy! . Lets say every school has six apples of different types. Some are Gala . . . Some could be Red Delocious . . . Jonathan . . . Granny Smith . . . You get the idea. Every school has a certain apple in a certain place for a certain reason. Storm doesnt have the health apple. Ice does. So, if we give the health apple to storm, someone is going to loose and apple. Then five schools will have six apples and one will only have five. And storm will have seven. o.o Get me point?

Ice wasnt given anything that caused them to come back into the PvP Leaderboards. Storm will be. There is the difference.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
P.S- Merry Christmas. Im on vacation so I haven't been in game recently.
PS-Merry Christrmas to you as well, and have fun on vacation!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
Storm's health is there for a reason. This game needs to stick with a certain number of apples for each school--another analogy! . Lets say every school has six apples of different types. Some are Gala . . . Some could be Red Delocious . . . Jonathan . . . Granny Smith . . . You get the idea. Every school has a certain apple in a certain place for a certain reason. Storm doesnt have the health apple. Ice does. So, if we give the health apple to storm, someone is going to loose and apple. Then five schools will have six apples and one will only have five. And storm will have seven. o.o Get me point?

Ice wasnt given anything that caused them to come back into the PvP Leaderboards. Storm will be. There is the difference.
As I previously stated, storm is not asking for ice's health or shield based utility. We are asking for the clerical utility and offensive pressure a DoT generates. It is apparent in storm's design that it is designated as the glass cannon school. In this meta it is very clearly glass but without a DoT it has a hard time being a cannon. Fire in 1v1 PvP does everything storm does better and still has far better defensive and utility options.

As for apples, every school has been taking storm's apples since Aquila. Storm used to be the only school able to get >100% attack boost, now every school can. Storm used to be the only school with a 1000+ base attack under 8 pips. Now every school has that. Charm removal-myth has that, tempest-ice has that now. Yet when storm wants a dot this is inexplicitly forbidden.

Finally you are right that ice had no single thing added that elevated it to top tier. It already has the majority of tools needed to ascend the tiers. Storm on the other hand does not and hence the request for one such tool.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
As I previously stated, storm is not asking for ice's health or shield based utility. We are asking for the clerical utility and offensive pressure a DoT generates. It is apparent in storm's design that it is designated as the glass cannon school. In this meta it is very clearly glass but without a DoT it has a hard time being a cannon. Fire in 1v1 PvP does everything storm does better and still has far better defensive and utility options.

As for apples, every school has been taking storm's apples since Aquila. Storm used to be the only school able to get >100% attack boost, now every school can. Storm used to be the only school with a 1000+ base attack under 8 pips. Now every school has that. Charm removal-myth has that, tempest-ice has that now. Yet when storm wants a dot this is inexplicitly forbidden.

Finally you are right that ice had no single thing added that elevated it to top tier. It already has the majority of tools needed to ascend the tiers. Storm on the other hand does not and hence the request for one such tool.
You are correct in the matter that the game has changed and that Ice has a tempest-like spell and the 1000 base damage and stuff, but there are a few things i'd like to point out. Ice's tempest requires a shadow pip and, thanks to PvPers--thats sarcasm--we have a tremendously reduced chance of shadow pip chance. My Death once easily criticaled and could lulu the first round of any match. Now, i've dropped my critical because of the new system. and i dont get shadow pips as often. The same is with me "BFF" who is an ice wizard. He's always saying when we're in battle with minions or mob or even pvp, "Where are my shadow pips? My-name, this new update bothers me." And I just laugh cause i know how he's feeling. Thus, one cannot spam Ice's tempest.

As levels go up, so do the damage on spell cards. One could technically call lulu a 5 pip spell and they wouldnt be lying.

Myth has one spell that gives charm removal--which, i confess, is extremely annoying--but idk many Myths who use it on a regular basis unless its a 2v2. And we are talking about 1v1 so that is irrelevent.

Ice was not given anything because they needed nothing--well, Storm doesnt need anything either. Ice wizards came back using what they had. Storm needs to learn to do the same. A friend of mine who's been through an astoudning amount of stress often tells me, "There's always a way for those who look for one." He's applied that to his own life and found ways were things have seemed hopeless. If Storm wizards start looking, there are ways to get through shields. My suggestion: There is such a thing as Shatter tc, you know.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
You are correct in the matter that the game has changed and that Ice has a tempest-like spell and the 1000 base damage and stuff, but there are a few things i'd like to point out. Ice's tempest requires a shadow pip and, thanks to PvPers--thats sarcasm--we have a tremendously reduced chance of shadow pip chance. My Death once easily criticaled and could lulu the first round of any match. Now, i've dropped my critical because of the new system. and i dont get shadow pips as often. The same is with me "BFF" who is an ice wizard. He's always saying when we're in battle with minions or mob or even pvp, "Where are my shadow pips? My-name, this new update bothers me." And I just laugh cause i know how he's feeling. Thus, one cannot spam Ice's tempest.

As levels go up, so do the damage on spell cards. One could technically call lulu a 5 pip spell and they wouldnt be lying.

Myth has one spell that gives charm removal--which, i confess, is extremely annoying--but idk many Myths who use it on a regular basis unless its a 2v2. And we are talking about 1v1 so that is irrelevent.

Ice was not given anything because they needed nothing--well, Storm doesnt need anything either. Ice wizards came back using what they had. Storm needs to learn to do the same. A friend of mine who's been through an astoudning amount of stress often tells me, "There's always a way for those who look for one." He's applied that to his own life and found ways were things have seemed hopeless. If Storm wizards start looking, there are ways to get through shields. My suggestion: There is such a thing as Shatter tc, you know.
Shadow pip chance has not been altered so I am not sure where you are getting this information from.

I agree there are differences between tempest and barrage and that spells tend to increase in DPP with lvl. That does nothing to refute my point which still stands: the other schools have been given attributes once reserved solely for storm. Yet when storm asks for one attribute that's been distributed to 5 other schools its a problem. That's clear bias.

It is abundantly clear that ice has all the tools it needs. The vast majority of the leaderboard is dominated by ice. The reason ice is now top tier is due to
-continuously higher health buffer providing defensive utility
-the critical system change allows them to land critical hits while simultaneously having the highest block. The change also makes critical heals much less reliable allowing ice damage to stick on balance and life-something it had trouble doing pre-change.
-Easy access to cold iron etc which round out it's offensive/defensive utility
-Large damage spike in weaver which also leaves defensive utility.
-Clerical and offensive utility with frostbite and ice bird.

Storm on the other hand has the least leaderboard presence of any school. Throughout the years it has never been a top tier 1v1 school wheras ice on the other hand has been top tier in several metas.(current magus meta, current gm meta, lvl 58 pre waterwork meta, zafaria meta, Avalon meta, current 110 meta). This is a clear and obvious Indication that storm does not have the tools it needs hence this thread. As for shatter- it's pip, tempo and meta inefficient for a school that's playing in constant resource starvation. In other words its not effective for storm.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Shadow pip chance has not been altered so I am not sure where you are getting this information from.

I agree there are differences between tempest and barrage and that spells tend to increase in DPP with lvl. That does nothing to refute my point which still stands: the other schools have been given attributes once reserved solely for storm. Yet when storm asks for one attribute that's been distributed to 5 other schools its a problem. That's clear bias.

It is abundantly clear that ice has all the tools it needs. The vast majority of the leaderboard is dominated by ice. The reason ice is now top tier is due to
-the critical system change allows them to land critical hits while simultaneously having the highest block. The change also makes critical heals much less reliable allowing ice damage to stick on balance and life-something it had trouble doing pre-change.

Storm on the other hand has the least leaderboard presence of any school. Throughout the years it has never been a top tier 1v1 school wheras ice on the other hand has been top tier in several metas.(current magus meta, current gm meta, lvl 58 pre waterwork meta, zafaria meta, Avalon meta, current 110 meta). This is a clear and obvious Indication that storm does not have the tools it needs hence this thread. As for shatter- it's pip, tempo and meta inefficient for a school that's playing in constant resource starvation. In other words its not effective for storm.
Storm has everything save health and a DoT. I'm pretty sure they've got what they need. When I storm pvp, I've no trouble whatsoever. Yes, a DoT would make things easier--but the clutch is the majority of the fun! For me anyway. I have no trouble on my storm in pvp. Aslo, it has been stated that Storm's major advantage--being mass damage--has been stolen. We could say the same thing about ice's resist. Death's swaps are on the verge of being stolen as well by Life with the new shadow enhanced spell, Wings of Fate. It was an indirect replica, but obviously is the same idea as a swap. Every school is loosing things, not just storm. The game is broken--that is why. To pull up a weed, one must tear it out of the earth by the roots. Giving Storm a DoT is definitely not helping in any way. It only helps Storm. Before we boost minor issues, let us deal with the bigger picture.

Yes, Ice has all the tools it needs. The vast majority of the leaderboards dominated by ice? Uh . . . I agree that Ice is coming back in 110 1v1 PvP, but vast majority is a little strong currently seeing how the vast majority of Ices on the leaderboards are Grandmasters. The advantage they have of health can simply be solved by getting rid of that health. I agree that one cannot do that if they are dying themselves . . . But if they buff and hit, gg, the end, game over, good match, everyone lives happoly everafter--or however you end a PvP match. Now, one may argue that storm doesnt live long enouh to buff . . . They do if they try to! If we give Storm a DoT, it will cause storm wizards to shift from the true purpose of storm. If you are wanting that, then just have storms start shielding. dispeling. Put them in Jade Gear! Make them tanks for crying out loud! All these suggestions are nearly unthinkable because of the ways torm was made. Indirectly, so is giving it a DoT.

(Running out of room. To be continued . . .)

Delver
Dec 04, 2013

Continued . . .

As for the critical system issue . . . Storm is at a disadvantage with this new system, I do not disagree with that. Though . . . If they would try to get some block, they wouldnt be. The old system used to be Storm=critical monsters. Other schools=overall, block monsters. Though, a few other schools got major critical as well. How storm is feeling now is how those other schools felt before the update. and, Ice is like practically dead against Balance. Balance is teh major PvP Warlord of the schools.

Yay, finally, Ice gets a good attack spell! It is sad that the other schools cannot stand up to one powerful hit. In nature, animals adapt or they die. In game, you adapt or you die. You cannot reply upon someone else to save you when your own strength and power can do it. It is only a matter of: Do you want to use your strength to help you? Do you truly want to be saved? You have to fight for what you want. Nothing in this world is free. No win in PvP is free. Fight and never stop fighting for what you believe you should have--in game and out.

I still dont see why you cannot use shatter. I used shatter on my storm. It worked fine. It only takes away three pips. Us max wizards are pretty spoiled in my opinion. We get power pips all the time, thus we freak out when we have to use a different school's spell and sacrifice our precious pips! It is a brain thing. The human mind could face a twenty foot tall spider blindfolded, but without the blindfold, the majority of us would tinkle our briches. Think on that. It is a skill to tame your mind and become strong even when you can see.

Have an excellent New Year, y'all.
~StephanieWildHunter(SH)~

Defender
Mar 10, 2014

how does ice have more block then the other schools? most if not all max level pvpers use the darkmoor gear which gives the same block to all schools but not the same critical, if any school has an advantage with this its storm due to the fact that it can have the same block as ice but almost twice the critical.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014

every school can get 100 damage just like when ice got some of its advantages taken ever since waterworks. it used to be the only school to have unaversal resistance besides arena gear. storm still has an advantage in damage most schools have about 110 damage ice has about 95 damage and storm has about 130 damage. storm also has the strongest spells in game. life and ice have weaver and the butterfly that do 950-1150 and put a shield on them to a single target, while storm has glow bugs that does 1120 damage to ALL enemies and removes blades from all enemies about the same damage but to ALL enemies.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013

I forgot to cover this in my other posts, so here:
I am getting the information about reduced Shadow Pip chance from a well-known Wizard101 player who was quoted saying it during one of his questing sprees in Polaris. For the sake of respect to his personal wishes, I will not state his name unless given permission to do so. Also, my in game friends have often asked me why they arent getting shadow pips as often since the update, and even after that.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014

storm already has gotten "apples" from other schools like healing current a heal spell and storm is supposed to be all about damage. storm may not be good in 1v1 and thats because it is better designed for team play such as 2v2 3v3 and 4v4. most of its weaknesses have been taken away from it besides the low health. accuracy highest accuracy from gear of any school. block has the same block as the tank school ice. resist has 50+ resist wile keeping the highest damage and the insane 52% pierce.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Storm has everything save health and a DoT. I'm pretty sure they've got what they need. When I storm pvp, I've no trouble whatsoever. Yes, a DoT would make things easier--but the clutch is the majority of the fun! For me anyway. I have no trouble on my storm in pvp. Aslo, it has been stated that Storm's major advantage--being mass damage--has been stolen. We could say the same thing about ice's resist. Death's swaps are on the verge of being stolen as well by Life with the new shadow enhanced spell, Wings of Fate. It was an indirect replica, but obviously is the same idea as a swap. Every school is loosing things, not just storm. The game is broken--that is why. To pull up a weed, one must tear it out of the earth by the roots. Giving Storm a DoT is definitely not helping in any way. It only helps Storm. Before we boost minor issues, let us deal with the bigger picture.

Yes, Ice has all the tools it needs. The vast majority of the leaderboards dominated by ice? Uh . . . I agree that Ice is coming back in 110 1v1 PvP, but vast majority is a little strong currently seeing how the vast majority of Ices on the leaderboards are Grandmasters. The advantage they have of health can simply be solved by getting rid of that health. I agree that one cannot do that if they are dying themselves . . . But if they buff and hit, gg, the end, game over, good match, everyone lives happoly everafter--or however you end a PvP match. Now, one may argue that storm doesnt live long enouh to buff . . . They do if they try to! If we give Storm a DoT, it will cause storm wizards to shift from the true purpose of storm. If you are wanting that, then just have storms start shielding. dispeling. Put them in Jade Gear! Make them tanks for crying out loud! All these suggestions are nearly unthinkable because of the ways torm was made. Indirectly, so is giving it a DoT.

(Running out of room. To be continued . . .)
You do storm ranked PvP 1v1 at max level and have no trouble? I find that hard to believe. What is your rank and win-loss ratio? Yes the game is broken, so is storm in 1v1. These are not mutually exclusive both can be fixed. It is not a case of ignore storm and fix the rest of the game.

The vast majority of the leaderboards being ice isn't an opinion it is a fact. The vast majority of the leaderboard is grandmaster and the vast majority of grandmasters are ice. Even at 110 ice is the second most populous leaderboard school with only 2 less spots than balance. A dot does not detract from the true purpose of storm. Is ice no longer a tank because it has a dot, is myth no longer the master of minions because it has a dot, is life no longer a healer because it has a dot, is death no longer about drains because it has a dot? Of course not.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Continued . . .

As for the critical system issue . . . Storm is at a disadvantage with this new system, I do not disagree with that. Though . . . If they would try to get some block, they wouldnt be. The old system used to be Storm=critical monsters. Other schools=overall, block monsters. Though, a few other schools got major critical as well. How storm is feeling now is how those other schools felt before the update. and, Ice is like practically dead against Balance. Balance is teh major PvP Warlord of the schools.

Yay, finally, Ice gets a good attack spell! It is sad that the other schools cannot stand up to one powerful hit. In nature, animals adapt or they die. In game, you adapt or you die. You cannot reply upon someone else to save you when your own strength and power can do it. It is only a matter of: Do you want to use your strength to help you? Do you truly want to be saved? You have to fight for what you want. Nothing in this world is free. No win in PvP is free. Fight and never stop fighting for what you believe you should have--in game and out.

I still dont see why you cannot use shatter. I used shatter on my storm. It worked fine. It only takes away three pips. Us max wizards are pretty spoiled in my opinion. We get power pips all the time, thus we freak out when we have to use a different school's spell and sacrifice our precious pips! It is a brain thing. The human mind could face a twenty foot tall spider blindfolded, but without the blindfold, the majority of us would tinkle our briches. Think on that. It is a skill to tame your mind and become strong even when you can see.

Have an excellent New Year, y'all.
~StephanieWildHunter(SH)~
The critical system was a huge Nerf to several school most notably storm. Storm does not have the health to survive even one critical when it does land and now no longer can reliably critical at all.

Ice hard counters balance especially in this meta. It has huge health against a school that cannot bladestack, a multitude of shields, offensive defensive utility, the ability to stack the strongest blades, snow drift to prempt availing hands. Ice has the easiest time of all schools against balance.

Storm players would love to adapt if they were given the tools needed such as a dot. Do you think after 6 years of playing at the highest levels of play I am simply unwilling to adapt?

As for why shatter doesn't work in the top level meta
-storm has trouble surviving to build pips
-after a storm shatters it can no longer combo
-shields are a 0 pip investment that are easy to replace.
-6 pips for a one round opening that only works from first is a waste of tempo and resources.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Fred Frost on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
how does ice have more block then the other schools? most if not all max level pvpers use the darkmoor gear which gives the same block to all schools but not the same critical, if any school has an advantage with this its storm due to the fact that it can have the same block as ice but almost twice the critical.
You have not adapted to the meta. The new rasputin amulets and baba yaga athame provide more block to the ice school as well as DM and one shot dungeon gear which also award I've with more block. As for critical- with the Nerf all schools are standing at 35% and less critical. Storm's once discernible critical advantage is significantly reduced.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
every school can get 100 damage just like when ice got some of its advantages taken ever since waterworks. it used to be the only school to have unaversal resistance besides arena gear. storm still has an advantage in damage most schools have about 110 damage ice has about 95 damage and storm has about 130 damage. storm also has the strongest spells in game. life and ice have weaver and the butterfly that do 950-1150 and put a shield on them to a single target, while storm has glow bugs that does 1120 damage to ALL enemies and removes blades from all enemies about the same damage but to ALL enemies.
Storm in prime PvP gear is standing at 120 damage boost. Other non ice schools are standing at 110 while ice is standing at 90-100. As this is a discussion about 1v1 PvP glowbugs ability to hit all is of no consequence as well as it's effect since no school need to use blades to defeat storm.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I forgot to cover this in my other posts, so here:
I am getting the information about reduced Shadow Pip chance from a well-known Wizard101 player who was quoted saying it during one of his questing sprees in Polaris. For the sake of respect to his personal wishes, I will not state his name unless given permission to do so. Also, my in game friends have often asked me why they arent getting shadow pips as often since the update, and even after that.
That's all anecdotal evidence with no support unless we have an official ki announcement or rigorous testing is performed.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
storm already has gotten "apples" from other schools like healing current a heal spell and storm is supposed to be all about damage. storm may not be good in 1v1 and thats because it is better designed for team play such as 2v2 3v3 and 4v4. most of its weaknesses have been taken away from it besides the low health. accuracy highest accuracy from gear of any school. block has the same block as the tank school ice. resist has 50+ resist wile keeping the highest damage and the insane 52% pierce.
Yet with all these supposed advantages it has the least presence by volume of any school throughout all levels. Storm is better designed for team play and a dot will have little effect on that segment of the game. The dot is a 1v1 request. Storm has the highest accuracy boost because it has the lowest base accuracy. Guess who is at an advantage: a life with 15% accuracy or a storm with 30% accuracy?. The life because of the base accuracy of it's spells. Storm has significantly less block than ice in meta relevant gear, the lowest resist of all the schools and dropped pierce to 50% with meta relevant gear.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Shadow 343 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
True. Horner there are also mutation cards for higher lvls. Also storms have so much damage and spells that don't fit their school, I think if they had something like fire elf it would be unfair. Storm is about killing in one blow. Just my opinion. And I am not storm so this could be wrong
This Horner doesn't Have Storm Mutation for creating Storm Elf.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
kylesar1 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfair? Are you kidding me?

Storm would have literally 1 DoT in its ENTIRE ARSENAL, and it's not like it would even be strong. I could see it being unfair if it were like Frostbite, but it's a Fire Elf. That will never be a main attack. Literally every other school has a bit-time DoT, and yet it's cool, but Storm for.............reasons can't even have a small one?

With the massive amount of Storm shields in the arena, running blades is near useless. With the near immunity schools can have to storm, killing in 1 blow is impossible without Shrike and a crit. Storm is a near dead school at the Magus-Legendary level due to lack of reliable shield destroyers among other things.

Spells that don't fit their school? Like what? All Storm has are single-hit spells with huge damage and some with blade-breaking effects, which is what Storm does anyway. Fire has Fire Kraken, Fire Shark, and Firezilla.
Ice has Icezilla, extremely common Ice Elf Mutates, Ice Kraken, and Ice Shark, as well as Icebird which is one of the best TC period
I hear no complaints of unfairness there. They get Storm variations, yet storm can't get their own Elf variation. Ice even gets Fire variations. In terms of TC, Ice gets the insanely high end of favoritism

Mutation cards? Not worth training. Why would I train the mutate if the Archivist sells TC versions of it? Unless I'm running mastery and off-school attacks, that's unnecessary

I'm not asking for much here. Storm itself isn't asking for much here

Give me 1 legit drawback if you're calling it "unfair," because I must be overlooking an important fact if it's broken. It's literally a spell for breaking shields and dropping weaknesses. It doesn't have enough power to serve any other purpose
Life doesn't. I know that cuz life is my school.

Maria ShadowHunter 33

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Storm has passed it's limits? Lets examine your argument.

Charm removal- this is an attribute of the storm school not the myth school. Myth focuses on ward removal.

Accuracy- Every school can now obtain accuracy far beyond their base stats.

Healing-3 schools besides life and storm have healing: Death-sacrifice, Balance-helping/availing hands.

Armor pierce-108 armor pierce from gear alone is impossible.

I agree that giving storm a low pip dot such as elf would be overwhelming but a mid pip dot(5-7) would be perfect.
Maby 8-10 pips.

Maria ShadowHunter 33

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
kylesar1 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
"Storm Elf and any Elf spells are OP"
Which explains why Fire never uses it at the top level, and why it's always overlooked by Link and Power Link

"Now days, playing Storm isn't a problem without Storm Elf and it never were a problem"
This is based on pure ignorance. Playing Storm period is a problem. Lack of health and low accuracy. When Storm elf stopped appearing, Storms dropped considerably in warlord rate

"Storm has other spells that cover that elf disadvantage"
Give me 1. Please do.

"A legit and skilled storm player has no problem winning without Storm Elf"
Once again, based on pure ignorance. First of all, Storm isn't by choice not using it. They're not using it because it's not there to use.
Secondly, that statement can apply to literally everything, so it's invalid. I have no problems winning without Thunder Snake. What does that say? Absolutely nothing.
I have a friend that doesn't have storm elf and she does like the best damage I know. She is lvl 38