Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Shadow 343 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Hmm, I wouldn't have done that. A man's word is his honor; but whatever. As you know, I am a fairly young player. I have been playing W101 for only three years. Despite that, I have plenty of knowledge about the game; and what it needs. Just listen for a moment.

Eric, from reading all of your posts, I've gathered that you're a fairly intelligent player. You know that the player is the key to the wizard's victory in battle. I know that there are other storms out there who are like you, and these are the people I am speaking directly to. You guys watch storm's side of the game; and have been for a very long time. If y'all find a problem, you try to fix it. This is all good and well, but there is something that I think every person should do, or at least try to do.

You guys do a great job of watching out for storm and doing what you can to boost it; but I think you should watch out for every school. You have to watch out for every school, not just storm. Think about that now. Storm elf would help storms by a lot, but what about the other schools? When you make a decision, think about how it would affect everyone, not just one people; or school in this case. For every action there is a reaction. What would be the reaction of storm elf becoming more common?

Players everywhere would stop PvPing because storm would dominate the first round. (Not like they don't do that already on some occasions though.) There is a balance around the schools that must be kept. Think outside the box and find what would happen to the other schools if storm got a DoT. Tell me what would happen.

Also, I want a good reason why storm elf is a need, not a want by some storm wizard who wants to be the most powerful wizard in the game. If you tell me a real need, I will understand and agree storm needs a DoT. But only then.

I have been convinced to take back my side before; it is not impossible. But i want real information, not selfish reasons. Explain to me.
Giving a school the capability to avoid shields has already been a part of the game since Khrysalis. Back in 2012, everybody thought that Balance having a DoT or enough armor pierce to go through a Tower Shield would be the end of PvP. It wasn't. Other schools are already able to do the same, except Storm. I main a Balance wizard and play on my Storm wizard from time to time, and it's hard for me to even get a Shrike in a match. Storm has to be constantly defending itself, as any Shadow Enhanced spell can knock out a Storm wizard from nearly any position.

Think about it from the perspective of Storm. You have 3900 health facing people with up to 2600 more health than you. Apparently, you're supposed to magically deal 2600 damage more than your opponent without having easy access on removing shields. You could use Insane Bolt and go around Storm Shields, but that spell is already a risk on its own. Wild Bolt is okay, but 66% of the time it would be smarter to use Lightning Bats.

Many people even say that Fire is the "better Storm." If you haven't realized, Fire has roughly the same critical as Storm wizards, more resist, much more health, around the same armor pierce, and their spells on average do more damage. It takes a lot more work for a Storm wizard to knock out a Fire wizard than it is for a Fire wizard to knock out a Storm. Storm's been reduced so badly that it does even less damage than Fire and yet has no easy access to a DoT. A Storm DoT would let Storm compete with every other school once again and would put Storm above Fire in terms of offense.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Hmm, I wouldn't have done that. A man's word is his honor; but whatever. As you know, I am a fairly young player. I have been playing W101 for only three years. Despite that, I have plenty of knowledge about the game; and what it needs. Just listen for a moment.

Eric, from reading all of your posts, I've gathered that you're a fairly intelligent player. You know that the player is the key to the wizard's victory in battle. I know that there are other storms out there who are like you, and these are the people I am speaking directly to. You guys watch storm's side of the game; and have been for a very long time. If y'all find a problem, you try to fix it. This is all good and well, but there is something that I think every person should do, or at least try to do.

You guys do a great job of watching out for storm and doing what you can to boost it; but I think you should watch out for every school. You have to watch out for every school, not just storm. Think about that now. Storm elf would help storms by a lot, but what about the other schools? When you make a decision, think about how it would affect everyone, not just one people; or school in this case. For every action there is a reaction. What would be the reaction of storm elf becoming more common?

Players everywhere would stop PvPing because storm would dominate the first round. (Not like they don't do that already on some occasions though.) There is a balance around the schools that must be kept. Think outside the box and find what would happen to the other schools if storm got a DoT. Tell me what would happen.

Also, I want a good reason why storm elf is a need, not a want by some storm wizard who wants to be the most powerful wizard in the game. If you tell me a real need, I will understand and agree storm needs a DoT. But only then.

I have been convinced to take back my side before; it is not impossible. But i want real information, not selfish reasons. Explain to me.
A storm elf mutate has nothing to do with storm dominating the first round. If a storm casted a storm elf mutate and it critical and the storm has 100% damage it still would not lead to a first round victory-its just not mathematically possible. The need for storm elf comes from storms relative tier position. It is the school with the lowest number of warlords in the game, the school with the lowest volume of wizards on the leaderboard, the most difficult school to play 1v1 at all level ranges. These are all facts not selfish reasons. As for what would happen to the other schools-nothing would change: storm would ascend from a low tier school to a mid tier school along with death and ice. Fire life and balance would still retain their place as top tier schools and myth would still remain low tier until it is given the help it needs.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
are there any jewels in the test realm that will give you a storm elf card or two? if there are then i think the problem is half solved

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
hi guys

i dont think that storm has a hard time fighting other schools, i think that they have become one of the most powerful schools. in pvp what i notice in 4v4 is the team with the most storm wizards wins most of the time. storm has become really powerful my friend and i did a 2v2 ranked match we went up againced a level 18 fire and a level 100 storm, my friend level 87 death and i level 80 ice were prepared for the fight but to our supprise they went first the storm wizard had five pips and a shadow pip +1 power pip from wand +1 power pip from chance +1 pip from deck and +1 shadow pip from chance. He had the pips to do glow bugs and he did he criticaled and i knew i we were doomed i awaited for the critical block sign to show but it never came then i waited for my friends to come but it never came the damage was in the 6000s we died the first round and they went first we could not even shield.

also these are the stats of a storm i saw on a wizard101 central they are shocking

health 4001
mana 323
storm damage 101
universal resist 50
acuracy 30 no fizzleing
storm critical rating 475
universal block rating 308
aromor pierceing 15
power pips 90
healing in out 33
shadow pip bonous 5
stun resist 0

these stats are amazing and really power full storm can have over a hundred damage and still 50 resist to all schools and 4001 health 475 critical.

storm is fine without a DoT spell storm is increasing there deafences and keeping there offences so ice should increase there offences and keep there defences so i agree ice and myth need a boost.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
PvP King on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Giving a school the capability to avoid shields has already been a part of the game since Khrysalis. Back in 2012, everybody thought that Balance having a DoT or enough armor pierce to go through a Tower Shield would be the end of PvP. It wasn't. Other schools are already able to do the same, except Storm. I main a Balance wizard and play on my Storm wizard from time to time, and it's hard for me to even get a Shrike in a match. Storm has to be constantly defending itself, as any Shadow Enhanced spell can knock out a Storm wizard from nearly any position.

Think about it from the perspective of Storm. You have 3900 health facing people with up to 2600 more health than you. Apparently, you're supposed to magically deal 2600 damage more than your opponent without having easy access on removing shields. You could use Insane Bolt and go around Storm Shields, but that spell is already a risk on its own. Wild Bolt is okay, but 66% of the time it would be smarter to use Lightning Bats.

Many people even say that Fire is the "better Storm." If you haven't realized, Fire has roughly the same critical as Storm wizards, more resist, much more health, around the same armor pierce, and their spells on average do more damage. It takes a lot more work for a Storm wizard to knock out a Fire wizard than it is for a Fire wizard to knock out a Storm. Storm's been reduced so badly that it does even less damage than Fire and yet has no easy access to a DoT. A Storm DoT would let Storm compete with every other school once again and would put Storm above Fire in terms of offense.
Balance having a DoT or enough armor piercing to go through a tower shield would not, has not, ruined PvP. Balance has less damage than storm and they don't have low pip AOEs.

When I think about this situation from a storm's perspective, I completely see y'all's point. However, I do not believe storm elf should be given. Storms have low health and I understand that that is hard for them due to the HP difference. It is not that hard for a good storm to deal the damage needed though. The average storm wizard has a lot of damage ranging in the hundreds along with equal crit. If 66% of the time it would be better to use lightning bats, then use lightning bats! No one is saying you have to use a different spell. Besides, the point of casting this-in some cases-is to break the shield. Thus, who cares about the actual damage it deals? The highest shield to storm that one could cast if they weren't an annoying TC using player is 80%. For TC users, it would be 85% I believe. 80% is not 100% and thus there is a way around it. I understand that for storms you must kill quickly due to your low health, but you have to adjust to different cases. Get resist and block; it is possible believe it or not. XD The shields are annoying and all, but they do not prevent you from attacking. It also depends on your choice of PvP. Whether you are doing 1v1 or 2v2. Or another.

Storm is a partnering school. Thus, they'd rule in 2v2. Have your partner destroy shields for you and you can kill everybody before they can even attack. Not too long ago my friend and I gathered some of our friends together and just PvPed again and again at his house. Most everyone was level one hundred and thus my friend and I really didn't stand a chance in the matches, but we did it anyway. There were three storms, one was level 80 and the others were level 100.

Too be continued.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
PvP King on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:

Anyway, i did a 2v2 with the level 80 storm vs a level 59 balance and level 100 storm. I wounder who one. -.- I spammed storm shields and my partner spammed TC black mantles. Didn't do a thing. The balance wizard did like nothing the whole match save a couple rebirths which really got annoying. But the 100 storm did glow bugs the first round taking over 50% of our lives away. My friend died like in four rounds. The level 100 storm got more shadow pips than i thought was fair. He got them like every three rounds! And each time he did glow bugs or storm lord. And I died. He was higher level than both me and my partner, but that really doesn't matter. I have defeated level 100 people before-of all different schools-alone. The match had been fair and equal despite our level difference. And my shields did nothing to save us. Nothing at all. Neither did the blank mantles.

My point by telling you this is that no matter how many shields there are, storms still hit and they still win. I used 70% storm shields during that match and tons of them. The 100 storm pierced them down to 27%. I find that just slightly OP. I also had 39% resist to storm during that match. Did not do a thing! It may have kept me alive a little longer than if not, but it really didn't do much. My shields and my resist did not hinder the storm at all. Storm is too OP to have a DoT.

I have noticed that fire is steadier than storm in many ways. It has overall the same crit, but far less damage. The spells are close, but not the gear's damage. Storm has about 111% damage and fire has around 94% damage. Fire is a very powerful school, but they stay within their limits. Fire vs storm is a fair match up if you ask me. If they're the same level of course. Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better. what i mean by this is that a fire is harder to kill, but a storm kills easier. They're better at it. A storm DoT would help storms by a lot, but it would be a nightmare for other schools. No DoT.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
A storm elf mutate has nothing to do with storm dominating the first round. If a storm casted a storm elf mutate and it critical and the storm has 100% damage it still would not lead to a first round victory-its just not mathematically possible. The need for storm elf comes from storms relative tier position. It is the school with the lowest number of warlords in the game, the school with the lowest volume of wizards on the leaderboard, the most difficult school to play 1v1 at all level ranges. These are all facts not selfish reasons. As for what would happen to the other schools-nothing would change: storm would ascend from a low tier school to a mid tier school along with death and ice. Fire life and balance would still retain their place as top tier schools and myth would still remain low tier until it is given the help it needs.
So what you're saying is that the law "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" is flawed and doesn't exist? Sorry, but that is just crazy. If storm were given a DoT there would be a reaction on the other schools.

Example:

Say there are seven knights dueling in friendly battles; like the seven schools in PvP. Each knight has a strong shield and all but one has a strange weapon. This weapon is a spiked ball attached to a strong chain. This weapon can snap over the shield of their enemy. The one knight who doesn't have this weapon represents a storm wizard; and the weapon is a DoT. Now, if the storm knight had no weapons at all, he wouldn't be much of a knight. Thus he has a large battle ax. Let us say that the storm knight is facing another knight. He has nothing to get around the shield while his enemy does. But he has something to break through the shield. The battle ax is a strong weapon with much power. The ball on a chain is a weaker but manageable weapon. Each knight, as i hope you have noticed, has two things in each of two hands. The storm knight has the best weapon for him and the same goes for the other knights. They are all masters with the weapon they wield. A knight has two hands, room for two things. Say the storm knight wants a ball-on-a-chain. Okay, so the judge allows him to fight with one; but the knight now has a problem. He has three things and two hands. He must give up something in order to use his newer weapon. If he gives up the ax, he has given up his skilled weapon; his purpose. If he gives up the shield, he becomes open to attack. You get a DoT, you give up your OP damage or that resist that keeps piling up. No knight, or school, can have more than the balance allows. If the knight got a third hand, would that be fair or balanced to the other knights? No, it wouldn't.

There is a balance that needs to be kept and is storm gets a DoT, they get some things taken away. They can't have three hands while the other schools have 2

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Come to think of it, with jewels, storm will be able to get over 50% pierce. I don't know if this will solve the problem completely, but it will go a long way toward doing so.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
Ok, I need to get into this argument. Storm elf, should not be released as common. I am a level 80 storm and I only play storm, and have played it in almost every game aspect whether it's questing helping pvp, if someone has died, every situation. STORM Should not have a 2 pip dot. I'll explain why. Warlord with 50% Resist, I have maybe 80 damage, easy critical with colossal does 400 with 70% shield on 50% resist. The DoT Of Elf is just giving tempest spam an opportunity. Tempest does 600-700 with colossal or critical at about 75% armor damage when the person has 50% resist. This is with one or two power pips, not even. WIth DoT, you can spam tempest severely. Why else does KI not support this? They can't shield to the DoT, me doing 500-1k per turn, let alone resist or block. Storm is one of the most overpowered schools, in the entire game.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Fred Frost on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
hi guys

i dont think that storm has a hard time fighting other schools, i think that they have become one of the most powerful schools. in pvp what i notice in 4v4 is the team with the most storm wizards wins most of the time. storm has become really powerful my friend and i did a 2v2 ranked match we went up againced a level 18 fire and a level 100 storm, my friend level 87 death and i level 80 ice were prepared for the fight but to our supprise they went first the storm wizard had five pips and a shadow pip +1 power pip from wand +1 power pip from chance +1 pip from deck and +1 shadow pip from chance. He had the pips to do glow bugs and he did he criticaled and i knew i we were doomed i awaited for the critical block sign to show but it never came then i waited for my friends to come but it never came the damage was in the 6000s we died the first round and they went first we could not even shield.

also these are the stats of a storm i saw on a wizard101 central they are shocking

health 4001
mana 323
storm damage 101
universal resist 50
acuracy 30 no fizzleing
aromor pierceing 15
power pips 90
healing in out 33
shadow pip bonous 5
stun resist 0

these stats are amazing and really power full storm can have over a hundred damage and still 50 resist to all schools and 4001 health 475 critical.

storm is fine without a DoT spell storm is increasing there deafences and keeping there offences so ice should increase there offences and keep there defences so i agree ice and myth need a boost.
Yes in 4v4 storm does exceedingly well due to the mechanics of team play. A 4v4 match allows effectively 4 storm hits to impact everyone on the opposing team before that team can even react. That is a flaw in the turn based system of wizard 101 that is going to continue to rear it's head more and more as we lvl up. You also mention another flaw in wizard 101's matching system which is the existence of puppet teams which pits extremely mismatched teams against each other. As lvl 80's you simply do not have the stats to match up to a exalted wizard which is why most experienced PvPers have been fighting against puppet teams since it's inception.This situation does not apply in 1v1 PvP. Every school can have 100%+ damage and 50%+ resist at the same time.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Anyway, i did a 2v2 with the level 80 storm vs a level 59 balance and level 100 storm. I wounder who one. -.- I spammed storm shields and my partner spammed TC black mantles. Didn't do a thing. The balance wizard did like nothing the whole match save a couple rebirths which really got annoying. But the 100 storm did glow bugs the first round taking over 50% of our lives away. My friend died like in four rounds. The level 100 storm got more shadow pips than i thought was fair. He got them like every three rounds! And each time he did glow bugs or storm lord. And I died. He was higher level than both me and my partner, but that really doesn't matter. I have defeated level 100 people before-of all different schools-alone. The match had been fair and equal despite our level difference. And my shields did nothing to save us. Nothing at all. Neither did the blank mantles.

My point by telling you this is that no matter how many shields there are, storms still hit and they still win. I used 70% storm shields during that match and tons of them. The 100 storm pierced them down to 27%. I find that just slightly OP. I also had 39% resist to storm during that match. Did not do a thing! It may have kept me alive a little longer than if not, but it really didn't do much. My shields and my resist did not hinder the storm at all. Storm is too OP to have a DoT.

I have noticed that fire is steadier than storm in many ways. It has overall the same crit, but far less damage. The spells are close, but not the gear's damage. Storm has about 111% damage and fire has around 94% damage. Fire is a very powerful school, but they stay within their limits. Fire vs storm is a fair match up if you ask me. If they're the same level of course. Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better. what i mean by this is that a fire is harder to kill, but a storm kills easier. They're better at it. A storm DoT would help storms by a lot, but it would be a nightmare for other schools. No DoT.
Once again why are you surprised that an under-leveled team has a hard time against a max lvl storm with team support? This argument is centered around 1v1 Storm PvP so I am unsure why you continuously reference mismatched team matches as evidence.

"Shadow 343- Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better. what i mean by this is that a fire is harder to kill, but a storm kills easier"

Er what? This makes absolutely no sense. If fire can kill storm faster how can storm kill fire better?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
So what you're saying is that the law "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" is flawed and doesn't exist? Sorry, but that is just crazy. If storm were given a DoT there would be a reaction on the other schools.

Example:

Say there are seven knights dueling in friendly battles; like the seven schools in PvP. Each knight has a strong shield and all but one has a strange weapon. This weapon is a spiked ball attached to a strong chain. This weapon can snap over the shield of their enemy. The one knight who doesn't have this weapon represents a storm wizard; and the weapon is a DoT. Now, if the storm knight had no weapons at all, he wouldn't be much of a knight. Thus he has a large battle ax. Let us say that the storm knight is facing another knight. He has nothing to get around the shield while his enemy does. But he has something to break through the shield. The battle ax is a strong weapon with much power. The ball on a chain is a weaker but manageable weapon. Each knight, as i hope you have noticed, has two things in each of two hands. The storm knight has the best weapon for him and the same goes for the other knights. They are all masters with the weapon they wield. A knight has two hands, room for two things. Say the storm knight wants a ball-on-a-chain. Okay, so the judge allows him to fight with one; but the knight now has a problem. He has three things and two hands. He must give up something in order to use his newer weapon. If he gives up the ax, he has given up his skilled weapon; his purpose. If he gives up the shield, he becomes open to attack. You get a DoT, you give up your OP damage or that resist that keeps piling up. No knight, or school, can have more than the balance allows. If the knight got a third hand, would that be fair or balanced to the other knights? No, it wouldn't.

There is a balance that needs to be kept and is storm gets a DoT, they get some things taken away. They can't have three hands while the other schools have 2
And then we take away the random analogies and then look at the data I actually provided for you. Do you deny the data the leaderboard-ranked PvP and the experience of warlords with thousands of matches provide? I do want to reference your example:

"Shadow 243-There is a balance that needs to be kept and is storm gets a DoT, they get some things taken away. They can't have three hands while the other schools have 2"

Every school was just given a shadow enhanced spell that does extreme damage for low pips-Storm's forte. In the words of your analogy the other schools were given 3 hands but storm still has 2- Fair? As for your sword and shield analogy- Storm already has a much smaller shield-its exceedingly low hp pool which is 1000-3000 points below every other school in the meta.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
CreepySlendermen on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
Ok, I need to get into this argument. Storm elf, should not be released as common. I am a level 80 storm and I only play storm, and have played it in almost every game aspect whether it's questing helping pvp, if someone has died, every situation. STORM Should not have a 2 pip dot. I'll explain why. Warlord with 50% Resist, I have maybe 80 damage, easy critical with colossal does 400 with 70% shield on 50% resist. The DoT Of Elf is just giving tempest spam an opportunity. Tempest does 600-700 with colossal or critical at about 75% armor damage when the person has 50% resist. This is with one or two power pips, not even. WIth DoT, you can spam tempest severely. Why else does KI not support this? They can't shield to the DoT, me doing 500-1k per turn, let alone resist or block. Storm is one of the most overpowered schools, in the entire game.
Er-Tempest spam? A team PvP tactic with no use in 1v1? A storm elf DoT implemented as a mutate is simply not possible to deal 500-1000 per turn on a equal lvl well geared opponent without an advanced set-up. Show me your magic math because I will gladly refute it.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
Once again why are you surprised that an under-leveled team has a hard time against a max lvl storm with team support? This argument is centered around 1v1 Storm PvP so I am unsure why you continuously reference mismatched team matches as evidence.

"Shadow 343- Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better. what i mean by this is that a fire is harder to kill, but a storm kills easier"

Er what? This makes absolutely no sense. If fire can kill storm faster how can storm kill fire better?
Have you ever watched an unfair match where the underdog wins? I defeat level 100 wizards all the time in 1v1 and I am no where near level 100. I hesitate to give out my level for selfish reasons, but I will tell you that it is at least twenty levels lower than 100. And no matter that, I kill 100 wizards ALL THE TIME. Though I have to admit that I have killed maybe two level 100 storms. They spam glow bugs and it really gets on my nerves. My point is that it really doesn't matter what level you are as long as you're within a forty level range. I am surprised by this factor because the storm's partner was completely useless overall and thus it was as if only the storm were fighting; though with a little rebirth here an there, but rebirth is useless fighting me; or any death for that matter. Also, the storm had horrible stats save pierce and damage. And critical, and all that offensive stuff. When I attack, my spells usually hit a thousand or more. The storm had about 3700 health. Because the swaps I cast hit a thousand each time and rebirths are useless when fighting a death, we should've won. The rebirth healed very little too due to a Doom and Gloom. It really doesn't matter the level difference. A skilled player can easily kill a wizard some levels higher than them. Especially with a teammate.

Lol, I was afraid you wouldn't understand that part. Fire kills storm faster due to their low health, but storm kills fire better. By better, I mean "in one hit", "in one round", and so on. Storm has stronger hits that they can use faster due to their massive power pip chance and low pip OP spells. What I mean by OP low pips spells is this:

Do you storms have any storm sharks in your deck? Lightning bats? If I were you, I'd have them in mine. With your damage and enchants, a storm shark can hit 1.5k every time it is cast. I know because my friends do it. Now, this is "mathematically" impossible (As some would say), but it has been done. Storm shark is not OP, but it is stro

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
And then we take away the random analogies and then look at the data I actually provided for you. Do you deny the data the leaderboard-ranked PvP and the experience of warlords with thousands of matches provide? I do want to reference your example:

"Shadow 243-There is a balance that needs to be kept and is storm gets a DoT, they get some things taken away. They can't have three hands while the other schools have 2"

Every school was just given a shadow enhanced spell that does extreme damage for low pips-Storm's forte. In the words of your analogy the other schools were given 3 hands but storm still has 2- Fair? As for your sword and shield analogy- Storm already has a much smaller shield-its exceedingly low hp pool which is 1000-3000 points below every other school in the meta.
What data? You have given me words with no proof. You have given me math, but no numbers. As for the leaderboard . . . I want to make something clear. I know people hardly PvP in the Test, but it is the only logical answer. I play in the Live and I am wondering if you are in the Test. The leaderboards here are covered in storm wizards' names! What are you talking about, storm is low on the boards? They dominate! Please make it clear what area y'all are playing in because the only logical answer to this is that one of us is in the Live and the other is in the Test. With this leaderboard thing, that would be valid proof, but here storm is not at the bottom. Who here is speaking from xp on the Test and who is speaking from xp on the Live? Please mention this information in your posts because I thought we were all in the Live, but now I don't know.

Eric, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that storms are low on the leaderboards. They aren't!

One: You said every school was given a shadow enhanced spell for low pips, correct? That means every school was given a "third arm" and thus it is not unfair. Also, it is not unfair to storm because one of those pips is a shadow pip. It is the same amount of pips for every school, so why is storm at a disadvantage here? This is one fair thing.

Do you even know a battle ax? I mean, what they do and how strong they are? Storm's shield may be smaller due to low health, but a battle ax (or high hit) puts that on even fields. I kind of went towards unreality on that analogy due to one reason: one cannot wield a battle ax and shield at the same time affectively unless they were Superman. Our strength just does not allow it. But there is another thing. If you know anything about real weapons, you know that fighting someone with a battle ax while you have a chain is suicide. Ax goes through shield and cuts you in half, chain sinks in axman. If you know a thing about these weapons, you know that this is a very fair match

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Fred Frost on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
hi guys

health 4001
mana 323
storm damage 101
universal resist 50
acuracy 30 no fizzleing
aromor pierceing 15
power pips 90
healing in out 33
shadow pip bonous 5
stun resist 0

I found those too, Fred, and have the same conclusion as you. Storm has everything now, damage and defense. they have everything save health. Storm has two less resist than ice and ice has horrible damage and pierce (No offense since you're ice). Storm increased its defense so why cannot ice increase its damage and pierce? Why is storm the only school allowed to go out of its limits?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Yes in 4v4 storm does exceedingly well due to the mechanics of team play. A 4v4 match allows effectively 4 storm hits to impact everyone on the opposing team before that team can even react. That is a flaw in the turn based system of wizard 101 that is going to continue to rear it's head more and more as we lvl up. You also mention another flaw in wizard 101's matching system which is the existence of puppet teams which pits extremely mismatched teams against each other. As lvl 80's you simply do not have the stats to match up to a exalted wizard which is why most experienced PvPers have been fighting against puppet teams since it's inception.This situation does not apply in 1v1 PvP. Every school can have 100%+ damage and 50%+ resist at the same time.
Right . . . As I have said before, level 80 can defeat level 100 easy! I am not level 80 and I can defeat 100 players without a problem. I've seen others do it too. Some have Jade Gear, but I won't and at least 40% of the ones I watch don't either. Some use crowns, but 30% don't.

Also, could you please give us some numbers to prove your point? Or words? Eric- "Every school can have 100%+ damage and 50%+ resist at the same time." Okay, let's say I believe you for two minutes. In those two minutes I'll ask you this:

Yeah, we know storm can do that easily, but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear, dude! Give us something that is actually out there that proves your point. You have an amazing way with math to prove your point ( x cough x cough), so let us know where you get the numbers from. Storms who believe a DoT is needed, give us valid proof that your desire is a need, not a want. Just talk.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Er-Tempest spam? A team PvP tactic with no use in 1v1? A storm elf DoT implemented as a mutate is simply not possible to deal 500-1000 per turn on a equal lvl well geared opponent without an advanced set-up. Show me your magic math because I will gladly refute it.
Tempest spam in 1v1? What I see watching 4v4s are just a bunch of AOEs. Watching 1v1s; a bunch of one hits. How about you use the spell that is most effective in your situation! Anyone ever thought about that before? In 4v4, the goal overall is to kill everyone at once, in one blow, with and AOE. In 1v1, you never use and AOE because it "takes away pips and is not needed". Well what if it is? Tempest in 1v1 is a fair tactic because guess what? Just because it is an AOE and you're using it on one enemy doesn't mean it isn't going to do decent damage. An AOE deals the same amount of damage on one person whether you're using it in 4v4 or 1v1. There is no penalty when you use it on one enemy instead of four.

Tempest is a fair tactic that uses a good spell for good reasons; in 1v1 or 4v4 it does the same amount of damage to one individual.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I just realized there's no facepalm emote on this site.
Why do some people only look at damage, not health?
Anyway I agree that it would be nice to have more Storm Elf, and that storm is bottom tier in max level now.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Have you ever watched an unfair match where the underdog wins? I defeat level 100 wizards all the time in 1v1 and I am no where near level 100. I hesitate to give out my level for selfish reasons, but I will tell you that it is at least twenty levels lower than 100. And no matter that, I kill 100 wizards ALL THE TIME. Though I have to admit that I have killed maybe two level 100 storms. They spam glow bugs and it really gets on my nerves. My point is that it really doesn't matter what level you are as long as you're within a forty level range. I am surprised by this factor because the storm's partner was completely useless overall and thus it was as if only the storm were fighting; though with a little rebirth here an there, but rebirth is useless fighting me; or any death for that matter. Also, the storm had horrible stats save pierce and damage. And critical, and all that offensive stuff. When I attack, my spells usually hit a thousand or more. The storm had about 3700 health. Because the swaps I cast hit a thousand each time and rebirths are useless when fighting a death, we should've won. The rebirth healed very little too due to a Doom and Gloom. It really doesn't matter the level difference. A skilled player can easily kill a wizard some levels higher than them. Especially with a teammate.

Lol, I was afraid you wouldn't understand that part. Fire kills storm faster due to their low health, but storm kills fire better. By better, I mean "in one hit", "in one round", and so on. Storm has stronger hits that they can use faster due to their massive power pip chance and low pip OP spells. What I mean by OP low pips spells is this:

Do you storms have any storm sharks in your deck? Lightning bats? If I were you, I'd have them in mine. With your damage and enchants, a storm shark can hit 1.5k every time it is cast. I know because my friends do it. Now, this is "mathematically" impossible (As some would say), but it has been done. Storm shark is not OP, but it is stro
Shadow 343-"Have you ever watched an unfair match where the underdog wins? I defeat level 100 wizards all the time in 1v1 and I am no where near level 100...."

That's great and all but my original statement still stands: why are you surprised that an under-leveled team has a hard time against a max lvl storm with team support? This argument is centered around 1v1 Storm PvP so I am unsure why you continuously reference mismatched team matches as evidence. Whether you can win those matches or not a lvl 100 still vastly overshadows you in terms of stats and spell availability and as such tells me nothing on if a school is OP.

Shadow 343-"Storm has stronger hits that they can use faster due to their massive power pip chance and low pip OP spells. What I mean by OP low pips spells is this:

Do you storms have any storm sharks in your deck? Lightning bats? If I were you, I'd have them in mine. With your damage and enchants, a storm shark can hit 1.5k every time it is cast. I know because my friends do it. Now, this is "mathematically" impossible (As some would say), but it has been done. Storm shark is not OP, but it is stro"

If with all my low pip "OP" spells fire can stillkill me faster than I can kill them I fail to see how giving storm a DoT overpowers them. As for 1500+ sharks-no its not mathematically impossible. Collossal + 100% damage + a low resist opponent= 1500 sharks.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
What data? You have given me words with no proof. You have given me math, but no numbers. As for the leaderboard . . . I want to make something clear. I know people hardly PvP in the Test, but it is the only logical answer. I play in the Live and I am wondering if you are in the Test. The leaderboards here are covered in storm wizards' names! What are you talking about, storm is low on the boards? They dominate! Please make it clear what area y'all are playing in because the only logical answer to this is that one of us is in the Live and the other is in the Test. With this leaderboard thing, that would be valid proof, but here storm is not at the bottom. Who here is speaking from xp on the Test and who is speaking from xp on the Live? Please mention this information in your posts because I thought we were all in the Live, but now I don't know.

Eric, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that storms are low on the leaderboards. They aren't!

One: You said every school was given a shadow enhanced spell for low pips, correct? That means every school was given a "third arm" and thus it is not unfair. Also, it is not unfair to storm because one of those pips is a shadow pip. It is the same amount of pips for every school, so why is storm at a disadvantage here? This is one fair thing.

Do you even know a battle ax? I mean, what they do and how strong they are? Storm's shield may be smaller due to low health, but a battle ax (or high hit) puts that on even fields. I kind of went towards unreality on that analogy due to one reason: one cannot wield a battle ax and shield at the same time affectively unless they were Superman. Our strength just does not allow it. But there is another thing. If you know anything about real weapons, you know that fighting someone with a battle ax while you have a chain is suicide. Ax goes through shield and cuts you in half, chain sinks in axman. If you know a thing about these weapons, you know that this is a very fair match
Shadow 343- "What data? You have given me words with no proof. You have given me math, but no numbers."

It's actually really quite hard to give math without numbers rofl but I digress. As for the proof-I linked you to multiple articles no?

Shadow 343-"I play in the Live and I am wondering if you are in the Test. The leaderboards here are covered in storm wizards' names! What are you talking about, storm is low on the boards? They dominate!...Eric, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that storms are low on the leaderboards. They aren't!"

Here is some current leaderboard data as done today (4/7/15) in live realm. The leaderboard has 72 pages. Here is the breakdown by school:

Balance: (14.5)/72: 20%
Storm: (2.5)/72: 3%
Death: (5.5)/72: 8%
Myth: (8)/72: 11%
Fire: (8)/72: 11%
Life: (6)/72: 8%
Ice: (27.5)/72: 38%

In order of Dominance:
1)Ice at 38% of the leaderboard
2)Balance at 20% of the leaderboard
3)Myth/Fire at 11% each of the leaderboard
4)Death/Life at 8% each of the leaderboard
5)Storm at 3% of the leaderboard

So according to the leaderboard storm is the lowest volume school on there by a long-shot. Do you deny this data that is there for everyone to see?

Shadow 343-"One: You said every school was given a shadow enhanced spell for low pips, correct? That means every school was given a "third arm" and thus it is not unfair."

To summarize your analogy of arms
All schools now have 3 arms
-DoT(chain)
-Health/Resist(shield)
-Shadow enhanced spell(battle axe)

Oh wait storm only has 2 of those:
-Smaller Health/Resist(small shield)
-NO DoT(chain)

Shadow 343-"Do you even know a battle ax? If you know a thing about these weapons, you know that this is a very fair match"

I play wizard 101 not Ye Olde Medieval Joust.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Balance having a DoT or enough armor piercing to go through a tower shield would not, has not, ruined PvP. Balance has less damage than storm and they don't have low pip AOEs.

When I think about this situation from a storm's perspective, I completely see y'all's point. However, I do not believe storm elf should be given. Storms have low health and I understand that that is hard for them due to the HP difference. It is not that hard for a good storm to deal the damage needed though. The average storm wizard has a lot of damage ranging in the hundreds along with equal crit. If 66% of the time it would be better to use lightning bats, then use lightning bats! No one is saying you have to use a different spell. Besides, the point of casting this-in some cases-is to break the shield. Thus, who cares about the actual damage it deals? The highest shield to storm that one could cast if they weren't an annoying TC using player is 80%. For TC users, it would be 85% I believe. 80% is not 100% and thus there is a way around it. I understand that for storms you must kill quickly due to your low health, but you have to adjust to different cases. Get resist and block; it is possible believe it or not. XD The shields are annoying and all, but they do not prevent you from attacking. It also depends on your choice of PvP. Whether you are doing 1v1 or 2v2. Or another.

Storm is a partnering school. Thus, they'd rule in 2v2. Have your partner destroy shields for you and you can kill everybody before they can even attack. Not too long ago my friend and I gathered some of our friends together and just PvPed again and again at his house. Most everyone was level one hundred and thus my friend and I really didn't stand a chance in the matches, but we did it anyway. There were three storms, one was level 80 and the others were level 100.

Too be continued.
No, Balance does not have the same damage potential as Storm, nor does it have a DoT, but it's the hardest school to shield against second to Fire.

"It is not that hard for a good storm to deal the damage needed though."

Okay, let's compare: Fire's average damage is 102%. A Storm's average damage is 120%. Glowbug Squall does 1395 base. Fire From Above does 1575 damage base. Add 120% to Glowbug Squall which is 3069 damage, and add 102% to Fire From Above which is 3181 damage. Already, Fire is dealing more damage than Storm, while having on average 800 more health than Storm wizards. Given that, Fire has DoT's while Storm doesn't, meaning that Fire deals more damage than Storm while also attacking into less shields. Already proof that Storm can't compete in damage and health ratios.

"Get resist and block; it is possible believe it or not."

Which is what every storm already has, to the best that their gear can offer.

"Storm is a partnering school. Thus, they'd rule in 2v2."
Storm has never been considered as a team school. Sure, in questing, Storm is pretty solid, but other choices such as a Balance-Balance team or a Balance-Death team are much more suitable for PvP. Balance, Death, Life and Myth are currently the best 2v2 schools. Storm simply dies too fast.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

So apparently a level 80 should be able to beat a level 100? Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not the reality of PvP.

"I have defeated level 100 people before- of all different schools-alone."
That's nice, and so have I. We call them PvP Privates for a reason.
"...no matter how many shields there are, storms still hit and they still win."
Welcome to 2015, that's a reality with every school at this point. And so you're telling me you can't fight a level 100 Storm at level 80? I wonder what you would do when you fought a Balance wizard who did 2000 per hit with Gaze of Fate with no boosts, or the Fire who does 6000 damage unshielded without even trying, or the Life who does 2000 base and puts up an 800 damage absorb, oh and not to mention the ever undying Death wizards who use Call of Khrulhu and heal up every time you think you've had them down. Or what about Ice? The only school that can tank at less than 1000 health and still make a comeback due to Abominable Weaver. The reality is, if the Exalted player is well equipped, has basic knowledge of what he/she is doing, the level 80 will stand no chance.
"Fire vs storm is a fair match up if you ask me."
I already explained why that is not the case in a previous post.
"Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better."
No, not really, Fire kills Storm faster and better either way.
"A storm DoT would help storms by a lot, but it would be a nightmare for other schools."
Fire is already everybody's nightmare. You can see more people increasing their Fire resist with pets/rings than you can see with raised Storm resist. Fire stole the ooh's and ahh's of Storm's power, and has a better everything in general. Storm having a DoT would simply put Storm on a more even set playing field.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343-"Have you ever watched an unfair match where the underdog wins? I defeat level 100 wizards all the time in 1v1 and I am no where near level 100...."

That's great and all but my original statement still stands: why are you surprised that an under-leveled team has a hard time against a max lvl storm with team support? This argument is centered around 1v1 Storm PvP so I am unsure why you continuously reference mismatched team matches as evidence. Whether you can win those matches or not a lvl 100 still vastly overshadows you in terms of stats and spell availability and as such tells me nothing on if a school is OP.

Shadow 343-"Storm has stronger hits that they can use faster due to their massive power pip chance and low pip OP spells. What I mean by OP low pips spells is this:

Do you storms have any storm sharks in your deck? Lightning bats? If I were you, I'd have them in mine. With your damage and enchants, a storm shark can hit 1.5k every time it is cast. I know because my friends do it. Now, this is "mathematically" impossible (As some would say), but it has been done. Storm shark is not OP, but it is stro"

If with all my low pip "OP" spells fire can stillkill me faster than I can kill them I fail to see how giving storm a DoT overpowers them. As for 1500+ sharks-no its not mathematically impossible. Collossal + 100% damage + a low resist opponent= 1500 sharks.
You see, most people think that if you are a higher level you have a more likely chance of winning against lower levels. That is true, but you don't always win. It really doesn't matter what level you are in PvP, it matters your skill. I'm not sure you recall PvPing in lower levels, or if you won any then. Stats and math aren't everything.

Now what about that gear?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Shadow 343- "What data? You have given me words with no proof. You have given me math, but no numbers."

It's actually really quite hard to give math without numbers rofl but I digress. As for the proof-I linked you to multiple articles no?

Shadow 343-"I play in the Live and I am wondering if you are in the Test. The leaderboards here are covered in storm wizards' names! What are you talking about, storm is low on the boards? They dominate!...Eric, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that storms are low on the leaderboards. They aren't!"

Here is some current leaderboard data as done today (4/7/15) in live realm. The leaderboard has 72 pages. Here is the breakdown by school:

Balance: (14.5)/72: 20%
Storm: (2.5)/72: 3%
Death: (5.5)/72: 8%
Myth: (8)/72: 11%
Fire: (8)/72: 11%
Life: (6)/72: 8%
Ice: (27.5)/72: 38%

In order of Dominance:
1)Ice at 38% of the leaderboard
2)Balance at 20% of the leaderboard
3)Myth/Fire at 11% each of the leaderboard
4)Death/Life at 8% each of the leaderboard
5)Storm at 3% of the leaderboard

So according to the leaderboard storm is the lowest volume school on there by a long-shot. Do you deny this data that is there for everyone to see?

Shadow 343-"One: You said every school was given a shadow enhanced spell for low pips, correct? That means every school was given a "third arm" and thus it is not unfair."

To summarize your analogy of arms
All schools now have 3 arms
-DoT(chain)
-Health/Resist(shield)

Oh wait storm only has 2 of those:
-Smaller Health/Resist(small shield)
-NO DoT(chain)

Shadow 343-"Do you even know a battle ax? If you know a thing about these weapons, you know that this is a very fair match"

I play wizard 101 not Ye Olde Medieval Joust.
Because every school got a shadow enhanced, they all have three arms now. that is not unfair. And I play one game; Wizard101. I sure hope you all have real xps and logical minds to put in this argument. why in the kingdoms would you think I play medieval games? Every educated person knows what weapons are strong and what ones are not.

The gear? Still waiting, Mr. Eric.