Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

UI Update

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
We've been stuck on the same loading screen, same loading bar, same spellbook look for.. 3-4 years now?

I think an update to the interface would really freshen W101 up.

Ideas:
Add animated characters to the loading menu
Change loading screen, bar, spellbook, etc.
Change Wizard City look according to the events going on, i.e the Yuletide pack is back and so is winter, why not put some snow on the ground like in Colossus Boulevard?

List some ideas you think should be added below!

Justin StormCatcher

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think a fresher look might be nice, but as long as we're talking about the UI, I would like to see more options that don't involve opening the spellbook--because it completely blots out the screen.

It's a minor interruption perhaps, but I'd like to see an option that reduces my spellbook to about the size of my friends window. It wouldn't be hard to organize the options that get used most heavily (such as choosing new gear sets, loading treasure cards, or toggling privacy settings).

Alternatively, options could be docked on the friends box itself, or they could load smaller transparent menu so you can still see what's going on.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
funny, I thought this about the opening screen as well. My diea was to go more old school; get rid of the second loading bar and make it one long one, with a percent meter inside it. keep the file patching messages and stuff, but just eliminate the second progress bar

Survivor
Oct 26, 2011
I like how it is, plus with animated things, people will lag harder than some already do...