Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Hey everyone i wanted to know wt mastery amulet u guys think is better for a balance wizard to have. I personally been thinking about a life or death amulet. But i want to hear from you guys which of the 7 mastery amulets do u think is better for a balance wizard 2 have in his possession.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Hi! I am an Exalted Balance Wizard and I have both Life and Death Amulets. I use them both. For regular fights mobs and bosses I use the Life Amulet. Keep myself and friends healed with it. For Balance Mobs I use the Death Amulet. I have really good Death Gear I got from packs and I have crafted Deer Night Spell. Now it is easy for me to kill Balance Mobs on my own if need be. I even help friends in waterworks killing Lusta who is if a terrible Balance Boss who is hard for a Balance Wizard to kill. Now I have very little difficulty with my Death Amulet and Death Spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze3277 on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone i wanted to know wt mastery amulet u guys think is better for a balance wizard to have. I personally been thinking about a life or death amulet. But i want to hear from you guys which of the 7 mastery amulets do u think is better for a balance wizard 2 have in his possession.

My mind says Death, hands down. Balance's blades and traps can enhance death and death's feint can enhance balance's hits. If you factor in treasure cards, it gives you even more of an advantage (death blades, etc). If you're L100, dont bother wasting crowns buying it, farm Darkmoor's Gold Skeleton key room for them; they drop frequently.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
I experimented with a Death Mastery amulet on my Balance wizard, and found the added spell Wraith to be a benefit to surviving/winning duels against PVE mobs.

Please keep in mind I still chose to equip my wizard with gear that favored my Main school, not the secondary one. I feel if you are depending to heavily on a secondary school to progress through the Spiral, then you chose the wrong school as your Main.

Best of luck to you,

Gabriel

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

Life amulet is useful for any school outside of Life, so if you plan on playing other wizards and you can only buy one amulet, Life is probably the best bet. My Balance wizard wore a Death Mastery Amulet through much of the Spiral while soloing. Since I learned most of the Death school to learn Feint, it made sense to me to use those spells when fighting Balance Bosses. Both schools give you alternate attack schools to use against Balance and extra healing ability. Death with drains is better for solo play, Life with Satyr is better if you play your Balance as a support role in teams. It makes you able to be Tank, Healer, and Support.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
well i have death and i thin it's great. You can get strangle feint doom and gloom. strangle for shane von shanes graveyard smash and so you can feint. and doom and gloom for pvp. how ever. earth would be nice to have every once in a while.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Unless you're super confident using Helping hands/Availing Hands than go with a death amulet or not one at all. If you rather heal yourself right away and not worry about health than go with a life amulet. I personally go with a life amulet because
1. I'm myth
and
2. It's easier for soloing boss fights.

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014

Hi Blaze!
Here's a guide that should help you, good luck!

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/mastery-amulets-one/