Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I have been playing wizard101 for a long time now, and I have a problem with training points. I think that we should be able to learn spells out of order (if you meet the level requirement). If I want to learn feint, it costs SEVEN TRAINING POINTS! Tower shield costs FIVE! and satyr costs EIGHT! if you could buy spells out of order, you would have more training points for astral spells, shadow spells, and spells such as mass prisms, spears, etc.

Caleb Firevault
Level 81 Pyromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
By the time you reach lvl 100, you have 45 training points. That's more than enough. You just need to prioritize what spells you really need. Even learning all the ones you mentioned, plus the shadow spells and astral, all my wizards still have extra points left over for new content when it comes.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I don't see this as something that would change. First of all, that would allow people to pick and choose, creating over powered players. Also, using points is a part of strategy, especially when it comes to deciding a secondary school. Lastly, there are too many ways to gain a decent amount of training points between levels, Zeke, and other quests in the spiral.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
bus13579 on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
I have been playing wizard101 for a long time now, and I have a problem with training points. I think that we should be able to learn spells out of order (if you meet the level requirement). If I want to learn feint, it costs SEVEN TRAINING POINTS! Tower shield costs FIVE! and satyr costs EIGHT! if you could buy spells out of order, you would have more training points for astral spells, shadow spells, and spells such as mass prisms, spears, etc.

Caleb Firevault
Level 81 Pyromancer
I don't see the point in this.
It is good the way it is.
It makes a little of a challenge.
I am on my phone so I am not going to go into details.
Once I get home I can send you everything in details if you want it.
Nicholas Star

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
By the time you reach lvl 100, you have 45 training points. That's more than enough. You just need to prioritize what spells you really need. Even learning all the ones you mentioned, plus the shadow spells and astral, all my wizards still have extra points left over for new content when it comes.
Yeah what he said there. Prob would be my details.

Nicholas Star