Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Fleeing in Dungeons affect any loot on bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
Ok so, when I was doing Castle Darkmoor on malistair, he droped the hat first try when I didn't die. But when the other 5 times I did him and I died and fleed, I never got any loot at all. All I gotten was a tc of some type and a reagent, or Shane's ring. Why does this keep happening? Does fleeing from the boss affect the loot drop rate? Or is it just luck? Please answer my question. If fleeing does affect the drop rate on dungeons, can you please fix this

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Wolf ShadowTail on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Ok so, when I was doing Castle Darkmoor on malistair, he droped the hat first try when I didn't die. But when the other 5 times I did him and I died and fleed, I never got any loot at all. All I gotten was a tc of some type and a reagent, or Shane's ring. Why does this keep happening? Does fleeing from the boss affect the loot drop rate? Or is it just luck? Please answer my question. If fleeing does affect the drop rate on dungeons, can you please fix this
no it does not wile playing winterbane and fleeing to heal my friends and i all got about the same drops. it is all luck. and must good drops from malistair are about 1 in 100000 to get, hoped this help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sometimes you just don't get good drops. If you flee and return to the battle before the boss dies, drops aren't affected. If the boss dies but minions still live and you flee, you will get no drops. If you flee and the boss dies before you return to the battle, you will get no drops. The fact that you got TC and other things shows that you did get drops. You just didn't get any rare ones.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I feel your pain not sure if fleeing affects malistaire drop I have beaten him 16 times now for none of his drops while both having to flee and not. For as long as fights are KI should balance out the drops.
Example in 16 successful runs I have received alot of double items i a run 1 run 2 void mace next 2 herald ring and so forth but never a piece of Malistaire gear while teamates have received Malistaire Hat and boots or some other combination in 1 run. So to me and others especially tank/healers who spend Gold as well as time to do fight. It is just a giant waste and not worth it more of an inspiration to quit and play something else.

Valkoor Hexweilder Balance lvl100

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
Thank you guys Now I wont worry about anything

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Whether it's luck, random, or whatever. If you spend that much time in Darkmoor with no reward it gets extremely frustrating. Sometimes two or three hours. I am so sick of doing this dungeon and getting nothing for the time I've feel was wasted. About to say a permanent goodbye to KI. Diablo III and WoW are just as fun and much more consistent.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Wolf ShadowTail on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
There is a theory that Malistaire has two different loot tables. The first with Undying Malistaire and the other with the Shadow form. Supposedly, if you die and return during the second fight, you will not get a chance at the loot table associated with the first Malistaire fight.

Returning before the first Malistaire is defeated and staying throughout the second fight, should net you maximized chances at good loot.