Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please help me at PVP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Please help me people who are good at PVP! I am really bad at PvP but I want to become Commander so I can get a really cool looking rove that Diego sells. I am a wizard, lvl 35. I read guides, watch people do it but I just can't seem to figure it out. My ranking is below with what you start with and I am so frustrated at losing to everyone. I have tried doing 2v2, and I lose. I also have tried doing 3v3 or 4v4 but nobody joins. Please give me advice how to reach Commander and how to get 1000 tickets because I have seen people lose sometimes to me and they even gain more tickets than me. Like for example I win and I get 4 tickets and they lose and they get like 16 tickets. Please help me reach Commander.

-VanessaUnicornRider, lvl 35 wizard

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
VanessaUnicornRide... on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
Please help me people who are good at PVP! I am really bad at PvP but I want to become Commander so I can get a really cool looking rove that Diego sells. I am a wizard, lvl 35. I read guides, watch people do it but I just can't seem to figure it out. My ranking is below with what you start with and I am so frustrated at losing to everyone. I have tried doing 2v2, and I lose. I also have tried doing 3v3 or 4v4 but nobody joins. Please give me advice how to reach Commander and how to get 1000 tickets because I have seen people lose sometimes to me and they even gain more tickets than me. Like for example I win and I get 4 tickets and they lose and they get like 16 tickets. Please help me reach Commander.

Oops spelled robe wrong on the second line sorry!

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014

I have lost more pvp than I have won. Are you trying to get alot of arena tickets? Because if you have crowns you can join a tournament for 499 crowns. Every rank gets some amount of arena tickets. The last pvp tournament I had My team lost and was last place. I still got like 750 arena tickets!!! If you don't have lot of crowns I'd suggest go to the bazaar and get an amulet with a powerful card. If you don't have enough coins look at some of my other posts on how to get coins. HOPE I HELPED!!!

-Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014

It also seems like you can heal yourself since you are a life wizard. Work hard on doing damage but also keep up your health at the same time. Always try to have a full amount of health during any type of battle. Doing higher damage spells at one time is better than doing a little damage at multiple times. This gives your opponent a chance to heal himself/herself. You don't want that. If your opponent seems to be healing himself/herself you need to take my advice and do a powerful damage spell to kill him at one time so he doesn't get a chance to heal himself.

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014

Also you need to team up on a 2v2

Sabrina WinterbladeICE level 23

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Not really I just want to learn to do PVP and finally get some good ranking.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
In my experience, Magus Life wizards lose because they are very predictable. Trap, blade, blade, maybe feint, centaur. It's easy to block the hit, and it's easy to counterattack when they have no pips and win before they heal. So, the first big thing is make sure that's not you.

Here are some things that should get you some quick wins.
  • Use a mastery amulet if possible. I recommend Fire. Myth and Death are good. Don't use Storm.
  • Use gear that boosts your Life damage hits, and quite possibly boost a secondary school hit.
  • Train a pet that has Spell Proof and May Cast Fairy. Bonus if you have Pain Giver and Spell Defy.
  • I recommend training a Life Minotaur so you can bypass shields.
  • Train dual shields. Make sure you know Volcanic (Ice), Glacial (Fire) at minimum. Train Ice to Tower Shield.
  • If you have points left, train Weakness from Balance.
  • Stock up on the following treasure cards. Always have these in your side deck: Tower Shield 55%, Shatter, Brown Spider, Lifeblade, Triage, Weakness, Reshuffle, Infallible.
  • Consider carrying Primordial-enchanted Satyr and Fairy.
  • Consider carrying Monstrous-enchanted Treant and Seraph.
  • If you use a Fire Mastery Amulet, carry Wyldfire 35% or 45%, Link, Fire Elemental, Meteor Strike, Fire Shark, and Raging Kraken. Few opponents are prepared for this setup.

Tactics:

• Life is weak against bubble changes. Use Brown Spider or Wyldfire to control the bubble.
  • Some players carry life dispels, Using an Elemental secondary school for hitting makes sure you can still operate.
  • Use your minion. It forces the opponent to hit too soon, so they waste time and blades.
  • Use Infallible and make combination hits containing at least one damage over time effect. Opponents with resist fall easier that way.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks Lucas! By the way my pet comes with a bubble and has Life Bringer and Pain Giver.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
Hi Vaneessaunicornride

Did you get any help on rank pvp yet if not.

I wasn't at good at first at rank pvp either.

I'm doing a lvl 5 myth wizard.

Ashley Star Lvl 5 once she get up higher then night she will quest and try to help you in 2v2 if you still need it

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Look for me in 3v3 or 4v4 practice. I am usually on my low level team.

Cori Story, Autumn Blade, Tasha Blue.

I can help you with strategy. I have helped quite a few people and they are doing well in PVP now.