Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question's for my new char

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
Hello as you all can see i'm thinking about making a new char and was wondering what school i should pick, i'm up for anything except for a storm wizard because i'm a life wizard and i don't think i could handle that many fizzles.

level 44 - Wizard - Valkoor

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
It's really all up to you since you'll be the one playing but if you want my opinion, then I'd go with Ice because I love being the tank!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Depends if you want to be the strongest person who just wants to kill enemies right away, or the most helpful.
Strongest: Storm. ( you could get high accuracy gear and a bunch of keens from the library.)
Fire: Second strongest I think. It does fizzle, but not as much as storm. Does DOT and a lot of AaE!
Myth : It's pretty strong, can summon minions, has good accuracy.
Death : It's strong I guess, not the strongest really but you do get to attack and heal at same time so thats good!

Helpful :
Life : You probably won't want to make ANOTHER life wizard but just incase, they heal a bunch and do a bunch of absorbs. :) GO LIFE!!

Ice : Real helpful! They shield you a bunch and stun! Plus they're not bad at damage.

Balance : Super good for helping! They weaken, and strengthen. Plus they shield you against practically every school! ( except balance, but they do weaken! )

Hope I helped!

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Honestly storm is not as bad as you think. Sure, I do fizzle more often than my other wizards on my storm, but it's not that must of a drastic change. Plus, a lot of storm gear offers more accuracy. I would definitely go with one of the elemental (Fire, Ice, Storm) schools as to me they are the easiest to play.

Sean Firesword Exalted
Sean Stormsword Promethean
Sean Icesword Legendary
Sean Lifesword Warlord
Sean Adept

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
For me, the easiest wizards to play so far have been storm and death.

Storm does have high fizzles, yes, but you can get gear and pets that make up for that easily. And storm hits so hard that most fights end quickly, especially if you get gear and pets that boost critical, in addition to accuracy.

Death is actually a great school to play, especially if you play solo a lot. The pets available now from crown shop and packs, as well as the Halloween gear stuff, make this a great time to "play dead." Ok, that was bad, I admit it. But death is great for solo play. Most battles I end up with full health, because I can attack and heal at the same time. When I first started the game, death was my last choice school. Now I find it is actually a really great school to play. I have also found that scarecrow TC help a lot in battles against multiple opponents -- wipe them out and get strong all at the same time.

I also have a lower level ice wizard, and he is fun too. Ice with life as secondary school is a very resilient combo, you get great shields and can tank, you can attack and freeze, and with life you can heal.

My first wizard was fire, and he is now maxed out. He also worked well. He also used life as second school.

Really, all of the schools have their strengths and weaknesses. It just depends on your own style of play.