Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Helper Station

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
I was just doing Big Ben this morning and I got a good idea. Its called the Help Station. It is a house in the Commons where people can go to sign up to help others.

When someone approaches a sigil to a boss or dungeon they have the option to request for help (just like the team up request.)

When someone clicks on the request option one of the people who signed up will get a notification that someone is requesting help, and if they click on the notification it will telaport them to the dungeon/boss and thats that!

Lucas Firedust

Defender
May 02, 2010
Wow, this is a great idea. Just like the castle tour thing, I think this can be totally manageable. It is really hard nowadays to find a friend who can help out. Maybe there could be a minor reward system for helpers? Maybe?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sealioneer on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
I was just doing Big Ben this morning and I got a good idea. Its called the Help Station. It is a house in the Commons where people can go to sign up to help others.

When someone approaches a sigil to a boss or dungeon they have the option to request for help (just like the team up request.)

When someone clicks on the request option one of the people who signed up will get a notification that someone is requesting help, and if they click on the notification it will telaport them to the dungeon/boss and thats that!

Lucas Firedust
Not a bad idea, but since they've added the team up feature, I am not sure if KI would consider this. I like it though!

Survivor
Oct 14, 2014
Good idea, die love it.
But I think you should only help when you've done it yourself.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Or just allow the ability to move around while on Team Up.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Great ideas guys,

Helpers must to have done the dungeon before, or else they can't help.

Helpers may receive a small reward depending on the difficulty of the dungeon or boss.

The helper may be rewarded 3 different badges showing achievement on how many people they have helped.

Badges:

25 People Helped: Subordinate

100 People Helped: Comrade

500 People Helped: Sidekick

1000 People Helped: Soul Mate

This feature would be if there arent any other people doing the instance and you would just like one person.

Lucas Firedust

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Great idea. "Team up" isn't helpful unless other people are in queue for the same dungeon. This totally bypasses that condition, and connects helpful people with people who need help.

Some questions:
  • What level limits should there be on who can help you? I don't want a Level 5 helper if I am fighting a Khrysalis boss, for example. It also might be annoying if I started a brand new wizard and constantly got Level 100 helpers who one-shot every boss.

• Instead of the sigil approach, would it be helpful to hire helpers the same way you would buy a henchman from the crowns menu? Ex- click-click-click, and helper who was in queue is automatically teleported to where you are.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
The Helper Station is a great idea. A helper station brings two like-minded players together; those in need, with those willing and able to help.

Sure, the Team-Up Sigil works across all realms; and its easier to join teams faster in Crowded Realms...

...but not everyone clicking on them is there to help other players.

And this is what makes a Helper Station such a great idea. To be able to team with folks faster, while getting to help them in the process, is a win-win suggestion that benefits everyone.