Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Life Strategies?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi! I noticed, it takes me like 10 minutes to defeat 2 minions in DS. It's annoying me and makes me feel like a pretty slow wizard. Does anyone have good tips, strategies, hints for level 50 Life? It's starting to get really annoying.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Is the problem the lack of a hit all spell? I figure you are doing the usual things like blades and traps to make your hits count. I can think of a few things. There is a brown spider in the Mooshu pet shop that has a card to cast an area circle that boosts life attacks. You could try to hatch a pet that may cast heals, saving you from having to spend as many pips to heal yourself. You could try to hatch a forest lord, wendigo, or cloud beast from someone else's pet. They have the life school hit all spell for big damage. You could look in the bazaar for treasure cards with good life hits. Unless you have a mastery amulet for another school, I'm not sure if the other schools hit spells would do what you want, because of the higher pip cost. Balance blade and feint would be good treasure cards to use. You could also look to hatch with pets that carry the dragonblade card. You could try a smaller deck with a couple life blades, life traps, treants and centaurs, an emergency heal, and some TC balance blade, hex, and feints. Keeping the deck smaller should get you the boosts you need for your hit sooner. Stack enough blades/traps that will trigger on the same hit, and you might be able to kill with treant. Did you get the spirit blades and traps from the Balance tree in Krok?
Good luck.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FunWizzygirl100 on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I noticed, it takes me like 10 minutes to defeat 2 minions in DS. It's annoying me and makes me feel like a pretty slow wizard. Does anyone have good tips, strategies, hints for level 50 Life? It's starting to get really annoying.
I'm level 48 Life in Celestia. Not sure what gear you have (I have no crowns gear) or what you are doing, but use the traps (you should have gotten these in Colossus Blvd long ago) and your blade. Also train the Spirit blade in Krok. Use shields and use your healing spells. Load your deck with a couple of treants (nature's wrath) but the rest should be seraphs and centaur.

I not only pretty much breezed through Dragonspyre, but soloed Malestaire with my little Life wizard.

and at level 50 there is gear with critical boosts... you might want to invest in that to help.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
FunWizzygirl100 on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
I'm afraid that's your lot as a Life wizard. I soloed most of DS and it was slow going. With Life's moderately powered attacks you just have to chip away but your advantage is you can keep yourself alive easier. One solution is to "second school" with more powerful Fire or Storm spells but they're going to eat up your pips and you'll fizzle more often as well. Playing a Life wiz gets more rewarding once you get Forest Lord and Gnomes but even these are relatively underpowered considering the pips you have to pour into them.
My personal experience was that once I got to Celestia and was able to train some Sun and Star boosts, playing a Life wiz got a LOT more enjoyable. It's fun when you can toss an Imp or Leprechaun out there with a Giant or Monstrous boost and a critical hit possibility.
Another tactic is to go to the Bazaar and stock up on some minion TCs like Minotaur or Talos. Or get a pet that gives you a minion card. For instance the Crabling pet gives you a Water Elemental card at baby.
Anyway, hang in there and your Life wizard will eventually be pretty powerful. It might never be speedy but you'll rarely be out of the fight.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Thanks everyone! I'll try to answer all the questions.
I actually already got the brown spider awhile ago ( plus I made a earlier post on what good pets there are besides that )

I did buy actually a couple days ago the spirit blade from Niles. I really want to catch up with training points.

Another question : Where do you get all those pets? I don't buy crowns. I have 205 crowns ( from the free crown giveaway on the 6th birthday of W101 ) which I doubt could buy a good pet. Plus I don't know anyone to hatch with, but thanks for all the tips everyone! I''l try the deck setup.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Stop whatever you are doing. Ask a friend with access to port you to Celestia. Train Strong. The moment you hit 52, train Giant. Sun enchantments are must-have all the way to Colossal.

For most street fights, you should blade-trap-hit, or blade-blade-hit. There really shouldn't be anything else in your deck. If your gear is halfway decent, any single enemy can be taken down by any school in 2 or 3 rounds, and you should never have shields, low level attacks, or any other cards in your deck when you are fighting mobs. One hit, one kill.

For bosses you can add shields and/or heals as needed, and use Feint (TC or Trained or from gear) to boost your attacks. You can also train Amplify, or pick it up in TC form for extra damage.

At level 58 you'll get Forest Lord which is one of the best attacks in the game. You are almost there :)

The best way to get better pets is by hatching. Consider the Enchanted Armament which lets you make 50% blades that stack with your regular ones.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Gemma Luna on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
Stop whatever you are doing. Ask a friend with access to port you to Celestia. Train Strong. The moment you hit 52, train Giant. Sun enchantments are must-have all the way to Colossal.

For most street fights, you should blade-trap-hit, or blade-blade-hit. There really shouldn't be anything else in your deck. If your gear is halfway decent, any single enemy can be taken down by any school in 2 or 3 rounds, and you should never have shields, low level attacks, or any other cards in your deck when you are fighting mobs. One hit, one kill.

For bosses you can add shields and/or heals as needed, and use Feint (TC or Trained or from gear) to boost your attacks. You can also train Amplify, or pick it up in TC form for extra damage.

At level 58 you'll get Forest Lord which is one of the best attacks in the game. You are almost there :)

The best way to get better pets is by hatching. Consider the Enchanted Armament which lets you make 50% blades that stack with your regular ones.
Thanks! :) I may use TC's I also did buy a bunch of strongs and myth enchantments for my attacks. :)