Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

flying mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I think flying mounts are too earth bound we need mounts that can fly over top of trees to get to diferant places

Explorer
May 26, 2012
if we did we could just zip past dungeons .

also, there's gonna a lot of glitches

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I would love for a feature like this, and for the issue of people zipping into places they are not supposed to, Wizard101 already has invisible barriers in certain areas, why not add them in the sky too?

Of course, it would be very tricky.
Perhaps you can only go in the air in certain areas, sort of like Pirate101's ships?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I don't know about flying over things, but the Phoenix 2-person mount is definitely scraping the ground and needs a lift.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I don't think this helps Wizard101 in any way.
Even if Wizard101 does like this idea, you have to give prices and details not just say 'I want a flying mount!!'

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Here is what I have to say about this.

I am fine either way, but Kingisle surprise us.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
I don't like the idea... i think the flying mounts we have are perfect we don't need sky high mounts

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Perhaps they can open something kinda like pet pavilion in a way but make it a fly-only zone, basically we could pay for a temporary mount there and then fly sky high in some kind of huge tree like you suggested. There, we could explore all sorts of stuff in the fly-only zone, and there could be dungeons and hidden items, we could even play games there, and get rewards, etc etc. Basically a small side-world kinda like Aquila but with flying and other features. Though again, it would be glitchy

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
I think kingsisle should have a new sonic mount something that fast and wicked have you guys play the video game call sonic riders? the jet mount or hovor boardthose are sick and fast so why can't kingsisle make those kind of mounts for us it would cost a lot of crowns but worth it we can all race like the speed of sound traveling around with jets mount i would really love this to be added in the game what do you think?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
Alex Stormlight on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Here is what I have to say about this.

I am fine either way, but Kingisle surprise us.
Im goin with Alex StormLight!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
That would be fun, but I'd settle for the camera angle being fixed on the flying mounts we have. We're half blind riding them now, so most players who have them don't use them.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
zippie63 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
I think flying mounts are too earth bound we need mounts that can fly over top of trees to get to diferant places
The question I have is - Where Would You Go? There is no place in game that you could fly to that you can't get to by walking. The invisible barriers go upwards to infinity. KI has done a fine job in W101 of making those invisible barriers invisible without masking the illusion of it being a totally open-ended game which it most definitely is not. The barriers are there to guide you on a specific path. One thing a flying mount might possibly do is allow a player to fly over street mobs and this is something I would be totally against. Assuming it would be a Crowns purchase it would give an unfair advantage to those players that can afford it as opposed to those who don't have the Crowns to spend.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I'd like the reverse of that, to remove big mounts like dragons with enormous wings, they look ridiculous with wings passing through walls, players and everything else as if they're transparent.