Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Baldur Goldpaws quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Greetings,

When I was level 35, I got messages a number of times to visit Baldur Goldpaws for a new spell. I tried to speak with him many times, but never was given a quest. I have now finished all available quests in Grizzleheim with the exception of a dungeon in Ravenscar (I believe it is "Blood Brother"). I read Professor Greyrose's response to questions about Baldur's quest in an earlier thread (I have quoted her response below), but I'm not sure what I should do to get this quest - I am higher than level 35 now, and have finished every available quest I could get in Mirkholm Keep, but I was never given the quest "I Know a Guy..." I would really like to be able to get the spell from Baldur, but have not been able to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have had some issues with laptops suddenly shutting down when I was playing, and in one case I had just been about to accept a side quest in MooShu, and when I logged back in the side quest was no longer available. I don't suppose I can restore that quest, either (I don't remember who it was from), but perhaps there would be a way to do so? I have never knowingly dismissed a quest with any of my wizards.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Kestrel

Professor Greyrose's answer on the requirements to get the level 35 quest from Baldur Goldpaws:
"There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.

1. Being level 35
2. Having completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Kestrel WorldTrave... on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Greetings,

When I was level 35, I got messages a number of times to visit Baldur Goldpaws for a new spell. I tried to speak with him many times, but never was given a quest. I have now finished all available quests in Grizzleheim with the exception of a dungeon in Ravenscar (I believe it is "Blood Brother"). I read Professor Greyrose's response to questions about Baldur's quest in an earlier thread (I have quoted her response below), but I'm not sure what I should do to get this quest - I am higher than level 35 now, and have finished every available quest I could get in Mirkholm Keep, but I was never given the quest "I Know a Guy..." I would really like to be able to get the spell from Baldur, but have not been able to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have had some issues with laptops suddenly shutting down when I was playing, and in one case I had just been about to accept a side quest in MooShu, and when I logged back in the side quest was no longer available. I don't suppose I can restore that quest, either (I don't remember who it was from), but perhaps there would be a way to do so? I have never knowingly dismissed a quest with any of my wizards.

Kestrel

Professor Greyrose's answer on the requirements to get the level 35 quest from Baldur Goldpaws:
"There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.

1. Being level 35

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”"
Did you do the initial quests at like level 4-5? If not, you will not hear from him at all. You must do those two little quests first.
If you did and Baldur in Olde Town still won't give you the quest, you will need to contact support.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Thank you, Ravenlady, I have done those quests, so I'll contact support.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Kestrel WorldTrave... on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Greetings,

Kestrel

1. Being level 35

This might seem like a simple question, but in the beginning this is what I missed.

Where did you go to talk to Baldur Goldpaws? You must go talk to him in Olde Town, not in Northguard.

Hope this helps.