Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown pet!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
What do you guys think is the best pet at the crown shop? Why do you guys think is the best?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It depends on your school and what you want. I started with a Sea Dragon and that was good.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Sea Dragon because it has no selfish talents and a decent talent pool even as a first generation pet. The very best pets are hatched, but using a Sea Dragon as one parents when you're starting from absolute scratch with hatching is helpful.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Survivor
May 28, 2014
Duelist101 web site has articles on best starter pets for each school. Look down the list for those that can be bought for crowns.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I usually go for the opposite school my pet goes to, because they protect my disadvantages.

I'm from Fire School and my pet is a White Winter Owl from Ice School. Since most fire gears that I've come across hasn't given me good resists, or accuracy, (which is a Fire's disadvantages) my pet fills that out for me with his "+6 Accuracy" and her ability to spam 3-4 Tower Shields on me.

When I got my Phoenix pet, he learned Spritley. Then I hatched him with my owl and I got an Owl that could heal and shield me. Protecting my disadvantages. Plus he's pretty useful in PvP because most players think I'm from Ice School.

I think you should get a pet opposite to your school. Just my opinion.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
leflamewizard on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
I usually go for the opposite school my pet goes to, because they protect my disadvantages.

I'm from Fire School and my pet is a White Winter Owl from Ice School. Since most fire gears that I've come across hasn't given me good resists, or accuracy, (which is a Fire's disadvantages) my pet fills that out for me with his "+6 Accuracy" and her ability to spam 3-4 Tower Shields on me.

When I got my Phoenix pet, he learned Spritley. Then I hatched him with my owl and I got an Owl that could heal and shield me. Protecting my disadvantages. Plus he's pretty useful in PvP because most players think I'm from Ice School.

I think you should get a pet opposite to your school. Just my opinion.
Then whats opposite of balance wizard

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I have a Balance character as my second character and I saw no use in Death or Life pets when Balance has a good amount of health, even in the beginning compared to my Fire. Defense is reasonable and nothing to complain about. The only disadvantage Balance have would be offensive spells, since other schools has blades and traps meant for their schools, Balance lacks power.

Right now I'm just trying to keep Balance pets that has a may cast Dragon/Balanceblade, Towershield, Hex, Curse etc. Anything to boost up my Attack Damage.