Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pedigree

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
I'm just curious! I've seen this video and the pedigree of his pet is70 and my pet has 51 pedigree which we have the same pet!
How did he do that?
Did he hatch with the same pet so the pedigree would go up?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
carlosmi11 on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
I'm just curious! I've seen this video and the pedigree of his pet is70 and my pet has 51 pedigree which we have the same pet!
How did he do that?
Did he hatch with the same pet so the pedigree would go up?
He hatched with something, yes. That's the only way a pedigree will go up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pedigree is the total of all your pet's talent slots added up. It's the number of 's +1 for every talent. He hatched higher level talents into his pets. A common talent slot is only 1 pedigree while Epic is 5 pedigree.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Basic things to know about pets: All pets have 20 talents (10 Normal talents + 10 Derby)
  • All pets have a pedigree and a manifested pedigree
  • Pets may or may not have cards (ie, Unicorn, Dragonblade, etc...)
  • It costs gold to hatch pets
  • Hatching a pet often results in receiving 1-5 talents from each parent
Pet age: Pets start out as a baby, then become teen, adult, ancient, epic, and finally mega. In order for them to increase their age or level requires 2 things: training and feeding them.

Pet pedigree (the total number of talent and derby bubbles added together):
All talents are categorized into one of 5 groupings: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare and Epic.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?77673-Illustrated-Pet-Pedigree-Education

What is the highest pedigree a pet can have?

Currently the highest pedigree that can be achieved is 97. The 20 slots are made up of, 10 Epic Talent and 7 Derby Talents that are epic, and 3 Ultra Rare Derby characteristics. At the moment, there are only 7 epic derby talents.

10* 5 = 50 (Epic Talents)
7* 5 = 35 (Epic Derby Abilities)
3*4 = 12 (Ultra-Rare Derby abilities)
= 97

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
Basic things to know about pets: All pets have 20 talents (10 Normal talents + 10 Derby)
  • All pets have a pedigree and a manifested pedigree
  • Pets may or may not have cards (ie, Unicorn, Dragonblade, etc...)
  • It costs gold to hatch pets
  • Hatching a pet often results in receiving 1-5 talents from each parent
Pet age: Pets start out as a baby, then become teen, adult, ancient, epic, and finally mega. In order for them to increase their age or level requires 2 things: training and feeding them.

Pet pedigree (the total number of talent and derby bubbles added together):
All talents are categorized into one of 5 groupings: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare and Epic.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?77673-Illustrated-Pet-Pedigree-Education

What is the highest pedigree a pet can have?

Currently the highest pedigree that can be achieved is 97. The 20 slots are made up of, 10 Epic Talent and 7 Derby Talents that are epic, and 3 Ultra Rare Derby characteristics. At the moment, there are only 7 epic derby talents.

10* 5 = 50 (Epic Talents)
7* 5 = 35 (Epic Derby Abilities)
3*4 = 12 (Ultra-Rare Derby abilities)
= 97
Thanks everyone!
I makes sense