Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frankenfish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2011

I caught one of the new Halloween fish.
It is Storm and found at unicorn way.
A shark--called Frankenfish.
Pass it along

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I've caught a Frankenfish too.

As well as the Black Catfish (Death, Commons) and Vampire Squid (Death, Cyclops Lane).

Does anybody know of any other Halloween fish and/or where to find them? I haven't gone searching any other worlds yet. The update said to search throughout the spiral, not just Wizard City, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are more elsewhere.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
Congrats ! and tnx for the info

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 22 , Gone Fishin'

Survivor
May 07, 2013
Thank you for the info!

I just caught TWO other holiday fish -

Black Catfish -Commons - Death
Vampire Squid - Cyclops Lane - Death - VERY DIFFICULT for me to get this one!

Good luck to ALL!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
High Five Ghost on Oct 2, 2014 wrote:
I've caught a Frankenfish too.

As well as the Black Catfish (Death, Commons) and Vampire Squid (Death, Cyclops Lane).

Does anybody know of any other Halloween fish and/or where to find them? I haven't gone searching any other worlds yet. The update said to search throughout the spiral, not just Wizard City, so it wouldn't surprise me if there are more elsewhere.
Special Halloween Mystery Fish! Brand new for Halloween! The waters of Wizard City are lurking with special mystery Halloween fish for your Wizard to catch this year. Some of these fish are so spooky you may want to put them back in the water!

Actually it only mentions Wizard City. I haven't seen anything different in GH while fishing. Considering all the special Halloween events are limited to Wizard City I really doubt they are in any other world.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
Special Halloween Mystery Fish! Brand new for Halloween! The waters of Wizard City are lurking with special mystery Halloween fish for your Wizard to catch this year. Some of these fish are so spooky you may want to put them back in the water!

Actually it only mentions Wizard City. I haven't seen anything different in GH while fishing. Considering all the special Halloween events are limited to Wizard City I really doubt they are in any other world.
I find it puzzling that there wouldn't be any Halloween related items/events in Grizzleheim... especially considering that Yogi Bear's buddy is named Boo Boo.

Ha! See what I did there? Boo Boo. Get it? Oh nevermind.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that the morning after. I don't know if I was too tired and misread it that night, or if they changed it. No matter.

However there has been mention of someone finding a Vampire Squid in the Entrance Hall in Krokotopia.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Yes, you can get the Vampire Squid in the Entrance Hall of Krokotopia.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
I found the FRANKENFISH and the BLACK CATFISH pretty quick, but I have been trying repeatedly to find the Vampire Squid and I just can't find it.

I have tried the major fishing elixir, refilling my energy, using the minor lures instead of the lesser lures, and spending lots of time trying; but no luck. It's driving me crazy. Is there any secret I need to know?

Esmee StormHammer

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
I haven't seen any death in the commons or any storm in unicorn way. How are these Halloween fish there when they don't show up when casting the reveal fish's school?
Can anyone clarify this for me?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Esmee StormHammer on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
I found the FRANKENFISH and the BLACK CATFISH pretty quick, but I have been trying repeatedly to find the Vampire Squid and I just can't find it.

I have tried the major fishing elixir, refilling my energy, using the minor lures instead of the lesser lures, and spending lots of time trying; but no luck. It's driving me crazy. Is there any secret I need to know?

Esmee StormHammer
Try fishing for the vampire squid in the entrance hall of the krokosphinx. I have caught several of them there. You can find them on both sides. On the right side, they will be the only death fish. On the left, they are mixed with deathcuda and bearded trout, but since there are only 6-7 fish in each of those ponds, it is not hard to fish out. I use reveal school and check each side. If there are no death fish on the right, i fish in left. When those fish are gone, I simply cast summon fish. Even if there are fish in the ponds, they will reset, giving you a fresh crop of fish.

You can use this same method in the commons and unicorn way. If the fish you want is not appearing, there is no need to chase the fish off, or even catch some you don't want. Just simply summon fish and use reveal again.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Autumn Summerbreez... on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
I haven't seen any death in the commons or any storm in unicorn way. How are these Halloween fish there when they don't show up when casting the reveal fish's school?
Can anyone clarify this for me?
They aren't always there. You might have to refresh the fish several times before you get them to appear. It's a good time to use the "Summon Fish" spell if you have it. This will reset all of the fish in the hole. If you don't have that spell yet either switch realms or come back later after the fish have reset. (Note: if you're doing this, scare the existing fish away before you leave and you'll be assured that all of the fish will be reset while you're gone)

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
TucsonWizard on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
They aren't always there. You might have to refresh the fish several times before you get them to appear. It's a good time to use the "Summon Fish" spell if you have it. This will reset all of the fish in the hole. If you don't have that spell yet either switch realms or come back later after the fish have reset. (Note: if you're doing this, scare the existing fish away before you leave and you'll be assured that all of the fish will be reset while you're gone)
Switching realms does not change the fish.