Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When do you get critical?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys! I was wondering when you get critical. I saw a level 46 or so with critical armor. I am level 49. Do they just have exclusive armor? Or did they get it easily, like as a drop or something? It'd be helpful if you listed critical stuff for my level I can get that doesn't include crowns! Thanks if you reply!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FunWizzygirl100 on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys! I was wondering when you get critical. I saw a level 46 or so with critical armor. I am level 49. Do they just have exclusive armor? Or did they get it easily, like as a drop or something? It'd be helpful if you listed critical stuff for my level I can get that doesn't include crowns! Thanks if you reply!
It depends on the school ... some schools get the gear with critical boosts earlier than others but none before level 50. You will not find any 'standard' critical gear at level 49 (no idea what school you are). What you will find is crowns gear in the crowns shop or that comes with the bundles. Check the bazaar and crown shops.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
After you reach level 50, you can peruse the Bazaar for new gear every 2 levels, and some of this gear has Critical Hit/Block. I'm not certain of this, but I believe that Celestia & Wintertusk may have some gear recipes (requiring a certain crafting skill level) that you can purchase, as well as various gear vendors. In Celestia/WT, you should also get gear drops from duels that may have CH/CB. Other than those options, there is the Crown gear you requested noone mention .

Hope I helped you.

Gabriel

Survivor
Sep 08, 2013
i would happen to dis agree you can have critical as soon as you are able to use a pet if you train them right

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kmqinsc on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
i would happen to dis agree you can have critical as soon as you are able to use a pet if you train them right
Very few pets have this ability and training it has nothing to do with the talents it has. At all. Talents are determined at hatching.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2013
training has nothing to do at all. ok if not trained how do you expect to level it to get critical or any other talents?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
kmqinsc on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
training has nothing to do at all. ok if not trained how do you expect to level it to get critical or any other talents?
Training a pet a certain way will not affect manifested talents. No one suggested not training it at all.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kmqinsc on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
Seriously? Yes, you have to train a pet but the talents, which MAY include a critical ability, are pre-determined when it hatches.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
@kmqinsc

You and Ravenlady are traveling on two parallel lanes on the same road.

We understand that it is necessary to train your pet in order to benefit the 10 talents given to each of our pets.

What Ravenlady is trying to explain is that ALL talents are chosen at the time of hatching, so if your pet never received the talent which increases your Critical Hit/Block, then it wouldn't matter how much you trained your pet.