Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Death of the Myth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
Myth really needs a High level 7-8 pip Aoe spell. Because mobs have high levels of life in the later world's it much harder for myth to kill in groups then any other class. Minions may be Myth specialty but minions are scaling with content if minions is suppose to replace the Aoe that Myth never got then myth always be behind. I fear if minions or the Aoe is not given to myth, then after lvl 80 you get fewer myth some might even stop myth completely by the start of the new arch. Please save the myth school kingsisle.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I totally disagree with you. I'm not saying Myth shouldn't get a stronger AOE, but I had no issues beating anything in the game using just Frog on my Myth. I beat pretty much every boss and mob up through Morganthe using only Frog and it's the only school that I was able to solo through EVERY boss and dungeon in the game. Also I saw the complete opposite as you in the upper worlds. I never saw any other Myth wizards until Khrysalis and then I saw them all over the place. I think people don't see Myth much because we're so good at going solo.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Minions are useless in the second arc. Humungofrog is actually pretty decent, I for one have difficulty keeping up with my Pyromancer friend in street battles because he spams Meteor so fast.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
I completely agree! I don't really solo on myth any longer because minions hurt you by using up traps or prisms you setup and for regular defeat and collect battles, you need 4+ blades to kill with frog in the later worlds! I hope they give an AoE spell and change something with myth minions to make it a fun school again.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
What does this have to do with the Death school?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'd love a support-only minion (no damage) and/or a serious hitting minion. A mix is useless at higher levels, actually worse than useless. A trap-all spell would be great too, or of course a good 7 or 8 pip AoE.

I can do lots of damage with Frogs, but I am REALLY sick of looking at it. What does a barfing frog have to do with mythology anyway?

I don't feel like Myth is unplayable, or even hard to play, but I do feel like the school lost its original identity and sits on the back burner now. It has unique abilities, yet no broad appeal.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
In street mob fights, especially in drop & collect questing, AE damage usually wins the day, making for quick victories. I would agree that the Myth school is in need of a higher base damage AE spell.

@Seethe42. I find it difficult to believe you successfully negotiated the majority of the game with a 4 Pip spell, while playing solo no less. Wizards choosing the Myth school don't usually brag about extraordinary health, or damage capability like those who favor Ice, or Storm for example.

Assuming you, or any Myth school wizard would use Humungofrog with the following: Myth Blade, Spirit Blade, and one or more traps, would cause significant damage I totally agree. If you are the type of wizard that has trained in Feint, the Astral school spells, and chooses to cast your various aura spells, then you are consuming Pips which prolong the duel increasing the necessity for healing. Another factor would be dueling a Myth school mob/Boss and it is even more challenging. In the last three worlds where street mobs may possess health pools of over 3k, I'm somewhat curious as to how long a simple street mob duel would last.

I don't argue that you could use this method, but the message I receive is that is all-to-easy for you and you cannot fathom why others are simply not knowledgable enough to do the same.

While it is not your responsibility to fully disclose your methods on how to successfully progress through Wizard101, or any other game title for that matter, It is my opinion, you must be using additional means to manipulate the duel in your favor. Again, I'm not requesting you to explain yourself, just use a more considerate tone towards others, only in reference to this game, as we do not know each other in RL.

To the OP, I hope KI grants your request for a higher damage base AE spell, but if not, experiment with different strategies, and use 3rd party websites for helpful information on how to use Myth school.

Best of luck to you
Gabriel

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
seethe42 on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
I totally disagree with you. I'm not saying Myth shouldn't get a stronger AOE, but I had no issues beating anything in the game using just Frog on my Myth. I beat pretty much every boss and mob up through Morganthe using only Frog and it's the only school that I was able to solo through EVERY boss and dungeon in the game. Also I saw the complete opposite as you in the upper worlds. I never saw any other Myth wizards until Khrysalis and then I saw them all over the place. I think people don't see Myth much because we're so good at going solo.
I agree with this.

I have never had a problem defeating enemies on my myth wizards.

It does not take a ton of blades to kill MoBs in later worlds using frog. I usually just used one blade with a colossal on a frog. If I didn't critical and kill, I would repeat as necessary.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hannah Lifebringer on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
I agree with this.

I have never had a problem defeating enemies on my myth wizards.

It does not take a ton of blades to kill MoBs in later worlds using frog. I usually just used one blade with a colossal on a frog. If I didn't critical and kill, I would repeat as necessary.
It also helps in the later worlds having an Enchanted Armament pet. This gives you 3 pet sharps to stack on top of regular sharp and regular myth and elementals, allowing frog to kill pretty much anything.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
seethe42 on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
It also helps in the later worlds having an Enchanted Armament pet. This gives you 3 pet sharps to stack on top of regular sharp and regular myth and elementals, allowing frog to kill pretty much anything.
LOL. It is funny you mentioned this. One of my Myth Wizards does use an Enchanted Armament. The extra sharps helps a lot. So does the little guy's talents: Fairy, Energizing Battery, Proof, Defy, and pain giver.